Diablo® III

Chair for playing long hours

Im actually searching for a new computer chair and I need suggestions. What do you guys use to play long hours without getting back pain ?

Any suggestions ?
Reply Quote
Get a butt of steel or lead .. instead of iron?

Seriously tho .. this is a HIGHLY subjective thing. Ive sat on chairs that other people have raved about and found them uncomfy. I suggest going to a store that you can sit on a bunch and get the one that feels the best.
Reply Quote
Ahahah, you guys are funny.

I went to staple, and I tried good office ergonomic chair, but I didn't find the perfect chair for me yet. I was wondering if people here would have suggestion but I guess answering a simple question is too hard on this forum.

FYI I do exercise... But I am a tall guy and my back suck since a snowboard injurie.
Reply Quote
Hand crafted chair to its fineness.
Reply Quote
I like playing while sitting on a 'normal' kitchen chair, and I sit erect.
Reply Quote
Must have a built-in fridge for snax.
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 06:18 AMPosted by IronButt
I went to staple, and I tried good office ergonomic chair, but I didn't find the perfect chair for me yet. I was wondering if people here would have suggestion but I guess answering a simple question is too hard on this forum.

I guess most people just use whatever they got and don't really think about it. I'm pretty tall myself and have been using this chair for a while:

http://www.officemax.com/office-furniture/chairs/product-prod4070352

It's actually what I use at work (for long periods of time obviously), at home I have a very similar serta chair but not this exact one. I don't think they make that one anymore.
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 06:20 AMPosted by ifLaNa
erect.
Reply Quote
Use a nice chair I grabbed from staples, head support and arm rests with an old footstool I found years ago that is wrought iron with pad......I can sleep sitting here lol.
Reply Quote
Just get one of these...http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3046/2589229128_923fd5e5fd_z.jpg?zz=1 I find with one of those around I can sit in a chair for an eternity with no back pain.
Reply Quote
Blown out my back as well after a bunch of truss collapsed on me at a previous job.

But i can tell you that it all depends on what kind of back injury you have, so it's hard to recommend a chair, it's something that is mostly trail and error at staples or what not.

If you're talking mid lower back, start stretching every morning, and night. Get up ever hour of playing to stretch (i learned a couple yoga positions and it helped immensely) and drink more water. Posture is king.

If it's upper back, i bet you're playing hunched over. Sit up straight, and stretch hourly, morning and night.

If you're new to the back injury world, Welcome! Everything you do in life from getting out of bed, to putting a bag of lettuce in the fridge is now a calculated decision. Good luck!
Reply Quote
The human body was not designed to sit for any length of time. Every chair will start to feel uncomfortable, some faster than others. As previous posters have suggested, you need to get up and move around at least once an hour. When my butt is starting to get sore from sitting on it, it's my body telling me that I need to get up and do something else.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I sit on a Herman Miller Embody chair, black frame with carbon "balance" fabric:

http://www.hermanmiller.com/products/seating/work-chairs/embody-chairs.html

I got mine new/delivered for $980. Find a local Herman Miller dealer so you can try it out first, if you can afford this price category, it's a truly fantastic chair.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]