Diablo® III

Chair for playing long hours

View profile
wow that herman miller embody chair is hardcore
i use a $50-100 chair from office max or staples
I could do better but I am saving up for a new computer
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I had an Aeron Posturefit before the Embody and after sitting 8+ hours would get some neck pain. The Embody really molds well to my back, provides very nice support and adjustability and no more pain.

Very pleased with the chair, it looks sexy as fuark too.
Reply Quote
Though I dont have one yet, I would opt for an adjustable desk..

Sit for a while then adjust up and stand for a while.. It isnt going to get better than that, any chair is going to give your back pains after sitting too long, expecially if you dont excercise/stretch regularly.

PS: I currently use a Herman Miller Eames Chair (Something like a Soft Pad but i dont know the exact name). It's really a matter of style though it is very comfortable. Which is necessary cause the price tag can take a good chunk out of your butt.
Edited by Lenyo#1968 on 1/8/2013 8:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
If you're stilll looking for a chair...

I would suggest one of the executive chairs from Costco (if you have access to Costco where you're at).

I have one of those chairs (got it about 3 years ago). It's great. I can sit in it for several hours at a time without my butt getting sore. It has great back support (full back). And... it's comfy.

So there's one suggestion.

Also, they aren't horrifically priced at about $200 or so.
Reply Quote
buy a cart to put your computer on, roll it in front of your couch.. desks are uncomfortable.
Reply Quote
I do too much sitting at work and get a bad back from it so ended up getting a large monitor stand to attach to the frame of my bed.
Reply Quote
Ive red about the herman miller chair, but I cant find any place to try them. And after trying is competitor, the steelcase Leap, which is really not comfortable for me, I think ill pass for those over price ergonomic chair.

@lunarsoris, thx for your suggestion, I forgot to check what costco have to sell.
And now I know I want to try the chair before buying it, so Ill go check them out.

And yes it is a fact you need to get up every hour to avoid back pain.
But playing D3 and poker tournament like I do, time goes really fast...

And to those telling they are playing in the couch or in their bed, I do have a set up
to play on my couch. But I also need a good chair to alternate. Beeing in a couch 12hours
isnt better... (poker tournament can be long on sundays...)
Reply Quote
get a butt transplant
Reply Quote
View profile
I use a Herman Miller Aeron - it is very comfy/supportive. They are a bit pricey (6-900 bucks) but, at least to me, was worth it.

I got mine from here: http://www.madisonseating.com/aeron-chair-by-herman-miller-loaded-posture-fit-sapphire.html?

However, they may have others that fit your needs.

Good luck.
Reply Quote
I cant offer you any websites to select as I lost the one where I purchased my current chair of 6 years, but I think you should consider a wheelchair cushion to accompany your new chair. I'm not a paraplegic, but wheelchair cushions are best for sitting long hours. Eventually, the seat cushion on your chair will fail.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]