Diablo® III

The stories players weave and tell.

A few months ago it was the players who had 150k + dps. Now I find 100k + dps players telling stories about how they can solo MP 6-10 without many problems. I look at their stats and find most of the time, little to no ar, life, or armor. Then you have the SS bunch with their own stories, that are far fetched.

I guess players think its cool to brag about something they can't really do. I guess being behind a character does something to people that makes them do these things.

So I hope most players will think before putting much stock in what they read. The stories are really far fetched at times. I guess players that read these stories, just want to believe, and hope they are able to do what someone else said they could do. And then when they learn the truth, they tend to go and tell stories also. LOL.

Don't get me wrong, there are alot of players out there that can do what they say. But before you believe something you read, look at the person's character and ask yourself. Does he really have the stats to do what he said.
Edited by Anna#1231 on 1/9/2013 7:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Stats only tell part of a story here.
Reply Quote
What's the other part of the story ? Don't tell me about gloom, or how they play. Gloom can only take you so far. As far as using Bola, spike trap or the others, they are dependent on your dps. The higher up in MP lvl the harder the monsters hit and their life is jacked up.

LOL. Are you one of these story tellers ?
Edited by Anna#1231 on 1/9/2013 7:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
I feel the same way and typically just ignore it. When someone with significantly lower stats than myself tells people in a thread they can solo MPL7 ubers "easily" I roll my eyes and just go to the next post.
Reply Quote
I can do MP7 ubers solo but by no means easy. I died a number of times yesterday getting my 2nd hellfire ring. I had to renew my NV5 each time i do a new uber.
Reply Quote
@ RaveaAngel

This thread is not about what you can do or not do. Or any players. I know the story tellers will come on here, thinking to defend themselves. Matter of fact they can't help it.
Edited by Anna#1231 on 1/9/2013 6:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hehe i enjoy reading what those storie tellers post =X
Reply Quote
@ RaveaAngel

This thread is not about what you can do or not do. Or any players. I know the story tellers will come on here, thinking to defend themselves. Matter of fact they can't help it.

Noted on what you are trying to say. In your opinion, what are the ideal stats to actually be able to do the MPs? I believe EHP is far more important than DPS in higher MPs.
Reply Quote
@ RaveaAngel

Stats are subjective. You are right about EHP but what good is EHP if you don't have the dps to go with it ? My opinion doesn't mean anything, because there are so many way's to get to the desired goal.
Edited by Anna#1231 on 1/9/2013 7:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
I can solo mp0 ubers.

Also I can attention !@#$% like no other
Reply Quote
I think part of it is that some of these definitions are ambiguous.

What exactly is "efficiently?"

Is killing an elite in 45 seconds efficient? 10 seconds? 5 seconds or less?

What is easily killing an uber?

Dying a couple times but not having to repair? Wiping once only? Not having to rez others? 2 minutes? Less?

Different people have different expectations of what those and other terms are, which I think is what some of the issue is.
Edited by skp#1805 on 1/9/2013 7:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm actually more tired of the 'ZOMG ZOMG WHAT TO UPGRADE NEXT?' threads when there are so many good threads by people like Genesis and Morogoth writing about build guides tbh.

As for what people say about soloing MPs, well, let them be in their own grandeur then, we all know better.
Edited by Kevmeister#1659 on 1/9/2013 7:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
"A few month's ago..." .. OP is lovely and has a nice DH, but does not understand how apostrophes work.
Reply Quote
cool story bro :>
Reply Quote
It doesn't really make sense to tell people things that you can't actually do. Especially when you're talking to random people you don't even know.

I mean I still remember the times where people cleared OLD inferno with like 40k DPS and 7k HP when so many people somehow thought it wasn't possible.
Reply Quote
I solo mp10 with my bat..

I am batman.

True story.
Reply Quote
View profile
What's the other part of the story ? Don't tell me about gloom, or how they play. Gloom can only take you so far. As far as using Bola, spike trap or the others, they are dependent on your dps. The higher up in MP lvl the harder the monsters hit and their life is jacked up.

LOL. Are you one of these story tellers ?

Yo chill out.

I'm not one of those storytellers. I don't need to make up stories to try and fit in with people that could care less about me.

For you to even doubt someone else's ability, as if they're completely incapable, says more about you than it does about them.

To think something isn't possible, because it's beyond your own scope of ability or understanding. As if despite players playing this game damn near everyday for over 6 months, players couldn't possibly become more proficient at it regardless of stats. Yeah that's it, that must be it.

To put it quite simply, who the hell cares if someone is making up a story or not, anyway? Just keep it movin.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 1/9/2013 9:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
As I said the story tellers would come out to defend themselves one way or another, They can't help themselves. You know just take a deep breath and everything will be alright ActionKungfu.
Edited by Anna#1231 on 1/9/2013 9:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
01/09/2013 09:37 PMPosted by Anna
As I said the story tellers would come out to defend themselves one way or another, The can't help themselves. You know just take a deep breath and everything will be alright ActionKungfu.

You must be pretty young.

I'm done here.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 09:37 PMPosted by Anna
As I said the story tellers would come out to defend themselves one way or another, They can't help themselves. You know just take a deep breath and everything will be alright ActionKungfu.
Anna that was pretty low of you and he didn't deserve that. He wasn't even trolling you. You can't do that to people just because they think opposite of you, which is what most average forum people do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]