Diablo® III

DNS server crashed after playing Diablo III?

Hey,

First off, if this thread has already been created, I apologise in advance, but I've been unable to locate it.

As for my problem - I bought, installed/downloaded Diablo III onto my Acer laptop today. It's new (Windows 8) and it installed perfectly fine, the gameplay and framerate was exceptional. It was only after I closed the game, and tried to access my regular internet that I ran into trouble.

I kept getting "Page not displayed." messages. When I ran the troubleshooter, I recieved a DNS Server Not Responding message; though there was no fix. A little bit after my connection seems to have restored, at least partially (my Skype homepage still will not load correctly, and I'm having to refresh regular webpages before they show up properly). Though I don't know specifics about my internet or my computer (CPU, connection speed, etc); is there any way anyone would be able to tell me, maybe in general terms, what might fix this problem? Am I going to need to deal with this every single time I play Diablo and wait for the connection to re-establish?

Any ideas as to what is going on?

I have only played browser-based games like this before, so any information regarding this would be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Side Note/Question: In an attempt to fix this problem, I recovered my computer. It did little to nothing to help the problem - except remove Diablo III from my computer. Are my achievements, etc, locked into my Battle.net account, or am I going to have to start from scratch when I reinstall Diablo? Just a heads up if anyone knows would be nice. Thanks.
Edited by xNiightHawk#1168 on 1/9/2013 7:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Are you by chance on Rogers internet? Their DNS went down last night coincidentally.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/1313000--rogers-widespread-internet-outage-across-southern-ontario
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
01/09/2013 07:52 PMPosted by xNiightHawk
Are my achievements, etc, locked into my Battle.net account, or am I going to have to start from scratch when I reinstall Diablo?

All your characters, gear, gold, and achievements are saved on Blizzard's servers so they will be there whenever you wish to access them.

As for your issue, that is not one that I have ever seen on here so it is not common. D3 should not affect your ability to surf the web. The above poster is probably on target in that this was an issue with your ISP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]