Diablo® III

Should I get a Witching Hour/Tal Rasha's?

Thing is, I've gotten spoiled by the 4-piece Inna's set.

I have this procedure to snapshot SW. First fight, I activate BoH and hit a target with 3 hits from DR for the Foresight bonus. This makes my offhand the active weapon, which is significant since it rolls much more damage than my MH. I then activate SW and keep it going for the entire duration (modulo lag issues).

Switching out the chest and/or the belt would mean having to re-snapshot after every fight, which is made extra cumbersome by how the active weapon is effectively randomised after each fight. The 75 spirit cost is a minor thing by comparison.

I could just ignore the mainhand/OH issue but that means that half the time, my SW will be about 25% weaker than normal.

Is it worthwhile for me to swap out my Inna's pieces? I'd get higher pDPS, but it seems I might lose out on eDPS. How do people handle this problem?
Reply Quote
Well, I guess I'll be saving my money for patch 1.07 :) but I'd still like to know how the alternating MH/OH thing is usually dealt with.
Reply Quote
Anyone? Or is syncing my active weapon for SW purposes not worth worrying about?
Reply Quote
View profile
i don't worry about it. just go smash some baddies! you're saving the universe from evil, not being an accountant doing tax returns!
Reply Quote
View profile
01/11/2013 11:10 AMPosted by hong
hit a target with 3 hits from DR for the Foresight bonus.

You actually only have to use DR on the 3rd hit of a combo to activate FS :) The difference isn't big at all obviously, but if you wanna get the most out of your character every little bit helps right? :D

I could just ignore the mainhand/OH issue but that means that half the time, my SW will be about 25% weaker than normal.

Is it worthwhile for me to swap out my Inna's pieces? I'd get higher pDPS, but it seems I might lose out on eDPS. How do people handle this problem?

Theres a few ways to make sure your main(left)hand weapon is being used. A few skills (can't remember which) and swapping any item reset the attack order.

As far as finding out how much edps you gain or lose based on which weapon is present, I believe the spreadsheet Vrkhyz is working on will have figures for both your weapons and for averaging the two. That way you can decide whether or not you think its worth it to make sure one weapon gets snapshotted over the other.
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 1/12/2013 11:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Snapshot is being nerfed in 1.07. Refer to the comments of the preview on page ~26.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]