Diablo® III

Doing Ubers with a full DPS Archon gear

Hello,
I'd like to know which build you usually use to do the ubers having an Archon gear.
Thanks for the ideas,
Have fun.
Reply Quote
i'd like to know too, im sure a dedicated archon player will come around soon and let us know
Reply Quote
Try the hybrid archon build (Schenko's post), with his mentioned uber modifications.
Reply Quote
Living Lightning Arcane Dynamo RoF Snow Blast, Arcane Torrent Disruption or Death Blossom, or Disintegrate Intensify with casting cost reduction and Arcane Hydra.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 1/12/2013 3:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
Living lightning? the range is very short I think..
Reply Quote
you will need frost nova to keep them in place while you're refreshing archon
Reply Quote
it's hybrid archon you want here.

frost nova/cold snap and living lightning.

true archon builds can't proc energy twister due to low aspd. got to have at least 2.3 imo hence they rely on living lightning coz it doesn't need aspd to properly proc cm.
Reply Quote
I had 2.38 in previous gear and used wicked wind to reset archon.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VmYSjO!gbY!YcYcaZ

Change Sparkflint to Crystal Shell, that's about it. Sometimes I'll change Deep Freeze to Cold Snap, depends on the people I'm playing with. Also occasionally swap my Zuni chest in place of Tal's. Again, depends on MP level and who I'm playing with.
Reply Quote
I can run Hybrid Archon for MP8 ubers with little difficulty. I swap in Living Lightning for Forked Lightning, Cold Snap for Wormhole, Pinpoint Barrier for Scramble, Improved Archon for TP rune, Crystal Shell for Sparkflint, Evocation for Galv Ward, and, if necessary, Arcane Dynamo for Glass Cannon (I prefer GC tho, because its hard to get a good long burst of the beam in without interruptions or needing to relocate). Cold Snap/LL works great. Even with a slow-as-mud spear, I have accidentally locked my barb friend in SB's grab.

Ghom/Rakanoth is a bit tricky because, out of archon, the mitigation is too low to withstand Stinky's clouds. I end up having to skirt the stage between archons and use the various summon stacks to refresh instead of keeping the freeze on the ubers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]