Diablo® III

What should be my new passive?

Hi experts,

Recently I change my Inna's Radiance to a LPSS one, so I can replace Transcendence with a new passive.

ATM I use Combination Strike, honestly I don't know is it a good choice, I choose it just because I saw ppl use it. Any good advise?

Your answers will be appreciated, thanks in advance :)
Reply Quote
View profile
Do you like Combination Strike?

If you do, I would suggest dropping Blazing Wrath and using Foresight instead.
If you don't, I'd probably suggest Beacon of Ytar since you use 3 skills which have cooldowns.

Hopefully that helps :)
Reply Quote
Do you like Combination Strike?

If you do, I would suggest dropping Blazing Wrath and using Foresight instead.

Honestly, I'm still a newbie ^^. Does it mean I can get 16% buff from Combination Strike plus 18% from every 3 hits of Deadly Reach? How to achieve it? Keep using the two Spirit Generators alternately within every 3 seconds or something?
Reply Quote
View profile
just keep using both.

i use wothf, blazing fists and thunderclap together a lot. i i have wothf on right mouse and tc on left mouse button. i then hold down right button to run around and when i see a monster, i click down the left mouse to teleport to them (note i do not remove my finger from the right button, just keep both pressed down - it seems the one you press last overrides) then lift my finger off the left mouse for get my 3 x stacks of wothf, then hammer down thunderclap again. i only pull my finger off thunderclap whenever i need to refresh wothf, or to move around, then back onto tc with my attack speed buff.

i will also use wothf to finish off the last monster of a pack to ensure my movement speed buff is up to move onto the next pack.

oh! and in my initial encounter into a pack, after i get my 3 x stacks of wothf, i then blind with fitl, then sweeping wind
Edited by MrMojoRisin#6850 on 1/13/2013 2:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
You don't have to keep alternating between Spirit Generators to keep the Combination Strike Buff up. Once you get your Foresight buff activated, you can use thunderclap only(if you keep hitting something within 3 seconds).

So lets say your always hitting mobs. The only time you will have to use Deadly Reach is when you have to reactivate the Foresight buff. If your not hitting anything for three seconds, you will have to tap a mob once with Deadly Reach to get the Combination Strike buff back.

It sounds a little complicated.. but once you learn it.. its so easy and simple. I use to use Deadly Reach, I might switch back to it very soon. The dps increase is pretty big.
Reply Quote
View profile
You don't have to keep alternating between Spirit Generators to keep the Combination Strike Buff up. Once you get your Foresight buff activated, you can use thunderclap only(if you keep hitting something within 3 seconds).

So lets say your always hitting mobs. The only time you will have to use Deadly Reach is when you have to reactivate the Foresight buff. If your not hitting anything for three seconds, you will have to tap a mob once with Deadly Reach to get the Combination Strike buff back.

It sounds a little complicated.. but once you learn it.. its so easy and simple. I use to use Deadly Reach, I might switch back to it very soon. The dps increase is pretty big.

yeah, sorry. i forgot to say that i'm only alternating a lot to keep the wothf buff up. foresight stays up for much much longer
Reply Quote
So lets say your always hitting mobs. The only time you will have to use Deadly Reach is when you have to reactivate the Foresight buff. If your not hitting anything for three seconds, you will have to tap a mob once with Deadly Reach to get the Combination Strike buff back

I also use DR when I am kiting (or making efforts to stay away from some ground effects) or I'm hitting a monster while jailed / behind a wall (I think this works...). In other words, DR can be useful, even outside of the 18% damage buff.
Reply Quote
The damage boost from combo attacking is quiet attractive. But seem to be quiet complicate. Will try and see that can I handle it (I'm not a skillful player). Thanks for those relies, it help me a lot :)
Reply Quote
View profile
you'll get used to it pretty quick.

good luck!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]