Diablo® III

Barb or DH build for high lag?

Hi,

Does anyone have any tips for builds or gear set up to deal with poor ping times? I usually get 400-500ms to the Blizz servers and keep getting killed by anything fast even at no mp. I am currently leveling a ww barb but would prefer to play DH.
Reply Quote
ww barb is pretty easy in this dam lag
Reply Quote
Been getting that lag quite frequently lately, but I guess it's better that the random disconnections we used to get. Lost a few infernal machines to them, have quite a few now, but won't waste any more till servers are somewhat reliable again. Maybe it's just tough luck to be in Australia.
ps: barb seems to work better with the lag, need the defence to not randomly die
Edited by yurx#6325 on 1/14/2013 1:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
yep, barb better for lag and a ww barb also kills faster than a DH
ie. he can take quite a few hits and if you have around 1900 life on hit like my barb then you can easily do MP 6 and 7, providing you have a good set/legend combo
Reply Quote
Agreed, WW Barb. Plus, getting DH gear will be more expensive I reckon.

Check Uber's guide for gearing Barbs, esp. on survivability and defensive setup: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592639226.

Also, depending on your stats and what MP you want to play at you might want to think of LS instead of LoH: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6893549412.
Reply Quote
If you can play DH (skills/patience/money aka gold), play it; Barb gets old pretty fast.
Reply Quote
SnB barb 350ms pings on a good day from perth w.a.

<-----------
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]