Diablo® III

PvP Dueling Tournament!

Can i join although iam a EU player ? (we play on the same ptr right )

My diabloprogress profile:

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/det0x-2856/dtx/432203

Iam wearing my xp farming gear atm*, but i think its safe to put me in the highest bracket.

*= seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2CJVGDYFBQ
Edited by Det0x#2856 on 1/15/2013 12:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Fermi#1453

i wanna duel someone in pTR!!!!
Reply Quote
Updated the players roster. Don't think I missed out anyone.

As of now, we have 17 players signed up. As such, there will be no brackets for now until we have more players and I can separate you guys. I'm going to place the additional players as reserve for now in case any of the 16 can't make it for the tournament.

If you know anyone who would might be interested, please invite them to come sign up and we can have more brackets. :) The more the merrier!

@Det0x

It will be great to have you with us. Let's hope the US and EU servers are combined in this PTR like the last. As of now, there are already 16 players who signed up before you, you're the 17th. Although I'm sure everyone would like to see you battle it out with all the top US barbs, but to be fair to the ones who signed up before you, I will have to place you as reserve for now. I will see if anyone is willing to give up their slot and become a reserve instead. Appreciate you showing your interest here. :)

@ LordZeus

When we have enough players, we will have brackets. I agree with you, if you're out-geared by a lot, it will be unfair for you, and you'll just be throwing 5mil away. I would like to suggest putting you in reserve for now if you're willing to give up your slot for another player (say Det0x, he's the reserve now) and when more players sign up, you will be placed in that bracket. Let me know if you're agreeable.

@scrapz

I saw your original message to participate, you'll be like the only Monk among all the Barbs lol. I see from your DiabloProgress you're Ranked 23 PvP among US Monks, that's a very good rank. I'm sure a lot of good barbs would like to duel with you. You can post your intent here and those who are interested will surely add you for a duel. :)

I originally thought about introducing an All Stars Barbs vs Monks Tournament where we have the top PvP Barbs and Monks (8 each) who are willing to participate battle it out. It'll be a totally friendly match. All fights will be recorded and uploaded for all barbs and monks to see. Should be a fantastic show! But I don't want to spread myself out too thin. Got a job and RL stuff too. If you guys or anyone is willing to facilitate, it might be a lot of fun!

This is provided there is enough interest on both sides of course. Let me know what you think.

And thanks for showing interest, even in a Barb Tournament lol.

@PsYchOsiS

Hey thanks for volunteering, will surely hit you up if we need help.

|
|

Anyone who would like to join up, feel free to post here. If any of you think the entry fee (5mil for now) is too high, especially for lower tier brackets. Please sound out and we can discuss and adjust this.

Any suggestions are welcomed :)
Edited by Orion#6600 on 1/15/2013 1:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wat! PTR is already out! Holy Crap!
Reply Quote
Huge 1shot fest, im not sure tournament is a good idea lol. lifesteal and LoH are completely useless.

citanest built his barb correctly.
Reply Quote
Huge 1shot fest, im not sure tournament is a good idea lol. lifesteal and LoH are completely useless.

citanest built his barb correctly.

Mind uploaidng a video? I will be making a concerted effort to get the stuff together for PTR tonight. I can't guarantee that I will be able to port the stuff over since I don't have anything on me.
Reply Quote
Fermi, upload a video of you crushing me. We haven't dueled yet but I suspect even my Barb will fall in seconds. This should be evidence enough that Blizzard needs to scale damage if the #5 tankiest character in the world dies in seconds lol.
Reply Quote
@ Acrimony & Iria

01/15/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Iria
Fermi, upload a video of you crushing me. We haven't dueled yet but I suspect even my Barb will fall in seconds. This should be evidence enough that Blizzard needs to scale damage if the #5 tankiest character in the world dies in seconds lol.

I can't even log back in.

I can however say that build diversity is definitely there for PVP.

Edit -- Ok I'm logged back in.

Acrimony, just look @ the twitch streams to get a good idea. Kongor was about to play with Det0x.
Edited by FeRMi#1453 on 1/15/2013 1:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
I am finishing the full download of the PTR; I just partially downloaded it before. I'll try to get back in soon.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Iria

I got to say, I'm not surprised. What IS interesting though is that I haven't read anything about whether same-level damage mitigation applies to your opponent. If I'm dealing out say... 300k DPS unbuffed, then if you have 80% damage mitigation buffed, you should be taking no more than 60k damage (theoretically anyway).
Reply Quote
Still room im in. #1555 pvp dummy.
Reply Quote
KingKongor is getting CRUSHED by a Demon Hunter. The name looks like Centurion. Anyone know who is it?
Reply Quote
Yup, that's what I read too. 5 secs duel, not fun.

I don't intend to start the Tournament as soon as PTR opens anyway. Players will need time to download and get used to the PTR plus get suitable gear. My original intention was to start it on the 3rd day of PTR. Just didn't expect PTR to open today.

This will give time for Blizzard to patch it and update it as well.

I also need time to prepare the match-ups and arrange with the players too.

Will let it smooth out for a while.

Update you guys again on the match-ups since we already have 17. More are still welcomed!
Reply Quote
The best part about this is that Det0x's Creditcard Barb is getting crushed too. Hilarious.
Reply Quote
im in only if whoever i duel lets me win
Reply Quote
Well looks like total fun, haha.
Reply Quote
thisll definitely get balanced out. but in any case. skills and ddmg will be more imprtant. bye bye EHP. told you acrimony =D

yes yes i know its too early to say anything. but at this point it certainly looks so
Reply Quote
Haha that demon hunter is pretty much invisible. Basically Guided Arrow Zon + Invisibility.
Reply Quote
So Kongor is using Call of The Ancients now muahaha. He calls it his army, that's funny.
Reply Quote
thisll definitely get balanced out. but in any case. skills and ddmg will be more imprtant. bye bye EHP. told you acrimony =D

yes yes i know its too early to say anything. but at this point it certainly looks so

Nah, EHP still plays a big role. A huge one. I'm watching KingKongor and Det0x pretty carefully. Both are taking a good amount of damage. Neither will have issues going forward because both are smart enough to know how to employ some of the skills we have.

If you can take a good enough of damage, you should be able to close the gap.

Hungering Arrow is a tough one though. That's a big-time PVP skill for the DHs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]