Diablo® III

PvP Dueling Tournament!

The lorax is down. Not too hard to kill. My weapon throw did almost nothing, Hota kills him.
Reply Quote
Damn Im only at 32% download!
Reply Quote
Rend, Weapon Throw, Ancient Spear looks good...
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 02:10 PMPosted by Orion
Rend, Weapon Throw, Ancient Spear looks good...

I think range Barbs are going to own the day. However, whoever mentioned the five-piece IK set should get some credit too; that will help start the system of fury generation so you can start off with some ranged damage. I think in terms of cooldown skills, they won't be very helpful unless you can DPS immediately.
Reply Quote
Is US and EU still combined on PTR?

Edit: Looks like so.
Edited by Orion#6600 on 1/15/2013 2:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 02:00 PMPosted by FeRMi
The lorax is down. Not too hard to kill. My weapon throw did almost nothing, Hota kills him.

Yup but only HotA can do it. Also, there doesn't seem to be any CC reduction making permastuns possible and broken. Also, DH and monk seem to be top tier due to kiting or teleport -> instagib-bell.
Reply Quote
Anyone wanna PvP now? Add me!
Reply Quote
I can't even download the PTR, let alone sign into the regular Diablo game. What the f*ck.
Reply Quote
I'm watching KK again. EHP plays a monster role in PVP. It's incredible. Konger just took on three players of relatively equal damage; after he took out every one of them, it took all three of them to lock him down and take him out. And he took forever to die.

I don't know how important of a role the passives will play, but if it were up to me, I would drop Ruthless for Inspiring Presence and lock down 2,000+ life per second for kiting sustainability. Iria also mentioned that he didn't die that quickly; imagine having a mix of sustain with damage mitigation -- you will be able to use throw to accrue life.

As I said three or four months ago, the key isn't an extreme spectrum of damage per second or damage mitigation, but a balance of the two.

If people can roll that out, Barbarians could be the dominant class overall.
Edited by acrimony#1561 on 1/15/2013 3:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
I would cancel the idea of a tournament until Blizzard adjusts the numbers. Currently luck plays such a large role (dodge) that a PVP tournament is about as skilled as a Mario Party tournament!
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Iria
I would cancel the idea of a tournament until Blizzard adjusts the numbers. Currently luck plays such a large role (dodge) that a PVP tournament is about as skilled as a Mario Party tournament!

I agree. The testing seems pretty lazy though. You would think that Blizzard would have at least tested out the entertainment value of the dueling before throw it out there for everyone to test.
Reply Quote
so what's the feedback now on PTR, good or bad? still downloading.
Reply Quote
Yup let them smooth it out a bit first. I don't expect to start straight away either.

Monks seem to have a good advantage with stuns. Barbs without WOTB is quite helpless against it.

Barbs seems to be at a bit of disadvantage even with Weapon Throw.
Reply Quote
I feel Barb is good for Tournament, pop WoTB, Ignore Pain, and sprint/leap, you can catch them and kill them.

But on causal PvP, it's either dieing or wait 2 min every duel.
Reply Quote
Im dling the PTR now, from what @acrimony said, i should do ok...

anyone wanna look at my gear and give me some predictions?
Reply Quote
@Rognar

But Tournament can't be a one kill win, will probably be like the first to reach 5 or 7 kills type.
Reply Quote
ok lol so Kongor has used all Radiant Emerald Gems for Dodge. lol
Reply Quote
This definitely need different gears and skills against different classes and such.

A lot of barbs are using similar skills, Ancient Spear, Weapon Throw, Ground Stomp, Leap, HOTA Smash etc.

We die too fast which makes Stun and other CC skills too powerful. If you're not the one who stuns first, you're likely gone.
Edited by Orion#6600 on 1/15/2013 4:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Im dling the PTR now, from what @acrimony said, i should do ok...

anyone wanna look at my gear and give me some predictions?

Your life-regen is superb. Love that you went full throw Barb.
Reply Quote
yeah i predicted cc will be powerful which is why i stacked cc reduction, PTR downloading so slow...omg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]