Diablo® III

PvP Dueling Tournament!

Wildeyes, I think you should keep IK gloves, helm and boots for the 3 piece bonus and CC reduction, and throw on Blackthorne Chest and Pants for Massive +VIT EHP increase.
Reply Quote
Guys lol. Pvp lol. Me and 3 other guys got together 3 barbs 1 wizard. Omfg lol. Its so stupid. Whoever crits 1st wins. Throw barbs are a joke. Hota sh*t on everything. wizard will one hit you before you ever get into range of him. unless you get lucky and leap and hammer him lol. Just a joke. One big a*s joke.. Cant believe we waited 9 months for this crap. lololol
Reply Quote
I dueled Orion earlier, Weapon Throw with stun can't beat my Barb lol.
Reply Quote
Add me to the tourney when there is a second bracket.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 04:46 PMPosted by T0ny0
Guys lol. Pvp lol. Me and 3 other guys got together 3 barbs 1 wizard. Omfg lol. Its so stupid. Whoever crits 1st wins. Throw barbs are a joke. Hota sh*t on everything. wizard will one hit you before you ever get into range of him. unless you get lucky and leap and hammer him lol. Just a joke. One big a*s joke.. Cant believe we waited 9 months for this crap. lololol

To be fair, you don't exactly do a lot of damage just yet. Weapon Throw starts to really scale when you are able to add base damage to your gear. Otherwise, the weapon throw % doesn't help as much.

I mean that in the nicest way possible (I remember our little disagreement that we resolved afterwards).
Reply Quote
Oh, and by the way Orion, I will not be able to port the gear over until tomorrow at the earliest. I should be getting the gear later tonight or tomorrow. Once I am able to, I will wait a few hours before porting. At worst, I will be able to play by the weekend.
Reply Quote
I dueled Orion earlier, Weapon Throw with stun can't beat my Barb lol.

Hahaha yah apparently the Stun from Throwing Hammer keeps healing him because he was using Juggernaut. It was funny to see him keep going back to full health, and he has a lot of it some more.
Edited by Orion#6600 on 1/15/2013 5:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
@TEDDY

Yup added you.

@Acrimony

Oh, and by the way Orion, I will not be able to port the gear over until tomorrow at the earliest. I should be getting the gear later tonight or tomorrow. Once I am able to, I will wait a few hours before porting. At worst, I will be able to play by the weekend.

Sure, no hurries from the look of it. Will give it some time for the PTR to smooth out first.

@wildeyes

You looking to join the Tournament?

Your barb seems prep for it lol.
Edited by Orion#6600 on 1/15/2013 5:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wow my gear is going to drastically change given my ptr experiences so far
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 05:11 PMPosted by Fizzlesprig
Wow my gear is going to drastically change given my ptr experiences so far

Go on....
Reply Quote
as far as i can see.. lots of barb are turning for weapon throw in pvp. thats e only way to attack?
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 04:56 PMPosted by acrimony

To be fair, you don't exactly do a lot of damage just yet. Weapon Throw starts to really scale when you are able to add base damage to your gear. Otherwise, the weapon throw % doesn't help as much.

I mean that in the nicest way possible (I remember our little disagreement that we resolved afterwards).

Acrimony lol. 1st off i dont play throw. Secondly my gear is better then yours since you have no gear. Thirdly, for my damage being "so low" as you say. I sure was one shotting everyone i played with today. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about since you havnt tested on ptr. I play hota. There was a very geared throw barb. and 2 hota barbs. one of them has better gear then you ever had. Guess what. I one shot him like 20 times. It does not matter. Whoever crits 1st wins. The throw barb was the best geared out of all of us and he was getting poo'd on lol. I dont think he got a single kill. While all the hota barbs would just leap stun hota 1 time dead lol. Its really stupid right now.
Reply Quote
Just to give you an idea of how stupid pvp is.. Ok. Since you havnt tested anything. Since you have no gear. lol. You can take both armor passives. Get ignore pain.
Barb leaps on you casts hota while you have ignore pain up. He crits. you insta die. lol this is with something like 8500 armor. and ignore pain up. So damage... Is the last thing.. anyone.. is lacking in pvp.. They need to reduce damage vs players by like 90%to even make pvp semi fun or competitive.
Reply Quote
View profile
Just to give you an idea of how stupid pvp is.. Ok. Since you havnt tested anything. Since you have no gear. lol. You can take both armor passives. Get ignore pain.
Barb leaps on you casts hota while you have ignore pain up. He crits. you insta die. lol this is with something like 8500 armor. and ignore pain up. So damage... Is the last thing.. anyone.. is lacking in pvp.. They need to reduce damage vs players by like 90%to even make pvp semi fun or competitive.

So T0ny0, you are saying that dodge >> armor/resist/mitigation?

also do you think having high HP will save from being 1/2 hit?

haven't tested PTR but maybe later
Reply Quote
@Nikeboy1984
Im saying. That it doesnt matter what gear you have. Lotton#1673 Crazy#1733 Those are 2 of my friends i was testing with today. We where critting each other for like 500-800k. So thats why im saying no matter what gear you have whoever crits 1st wins. Ok lets say you throw on a shield. OOOh boy watch out now. Youre shield blocks 4k damage out of a 500k crit lol.. You see where im going with this... What we found to be the best skill set was. Leap-ground stomp- hota- wotb insanity. You just leap stomp hota gg lol.
But yes if you are really going to try and be competitive in pvp. Dodge will be the best stat hands down. Ireally dont see the point tho man. You are going to get hit and when you do. you will die... lol
Edited by T0ny0#1847 on 1/15/2013 6:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
@Nikeboy1984
Im saying. That it doesnt matter what gear you have. Lotton#1673 Crazy#1733 Those are 2 of my friends i was testing with today. We where critting each other for like 500-800k. So thats why im saying no matter what gear you have whoever crits 1st wins. Ok lets say you throw on a shield. OOOh boy watch out now. Youre shield blocks 4k damage out of a 500k crit lol.. You see where im going with this... What we found to be the best skill set was. Leap-ground stomp- hota- wotb insanity. You just leap stomp hota gg lol.

thanks for the feedback, it doesn't sound fun to me, i will try it later with my team.
Reply Quote
Add me to the tourney if there is a second bracket.
Reply Quote
Yup, have been trying it for the past 2 hours or so. HOTA is very powerful.

Vs a Weapon Throw Barb, if you don't have WOTB, whoever hits first is likely to perma-stun the other till death. Ignore Pain can be used under Stun but is quite useless in this case. The Contempt for Weakness reflect rune doesn't do much at all either.

A bit hard to stun DH, WD or Monk. They all have some invulnerable skill to break out of your Ground Stomp stun.

Dodge might be good but against such high damage, anyone with a reasonable attack speed will still kill you fast.
Reply Quote
@SAIGA12

Added
Reply Quote
The only reliable luck i'm having vs monks, DH's and WD's is with this current build and -46% CC reduc, and 15% heal on being CC'd myself.

EDIT: and double reflect skills
Edited by Fizzlesprig#1762 on 1/15/2013 6:50 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]