Diablo® III

PvP Dueling Tournament!

Yup, have been trying it for the past 2 hours or so. HOTA is very powerful.

Vs a Weapon Throw Barb, if you don't have WOTB, whoever hits first is likely to perma-stun the other till death. Ignore Pain can be used under Stun but is quite useless in this case. The Contempt for Weakness reflect rune doesn't do much at all either.

A bit hard to stun DH, WD or Monk. They all have some invulnerable skill to break out of your Ground Stomp stun.

Dodge might be good but against such high damage, anyone with a reasonable attack speed will still kill you fast.

Yea wd,dh,monk really screw barbs over. they immune all stuns or just vanish and poo on you lol. Also Monks dodge what seems like 90% of the time but imo dh is going to be the best pvp class.
Reply Quote
Awesome. I want to join but I really have no time nowadays to play regularly. My barb is currently ranked around 35-ish in the PVP americas barb class. Anyway, I'd just be bookmarking this thread to see who wins at the very end. Goodluck to the godly barbs here!
Reply Quote
@ LordZeus

When we have enough players, we will have brackets. I agree with you, if you're out-geared by a lot, it will be unfair for you, and you'll just be throwing 5mil away. I would like to suggest putting you in reserve for now if you're willing to give up your slot for another player (say Det0x, he's the reserve now) and when more players sign up, you will be placed in that bracket. Let me know if you're agreeable.

sorry for late reply but definitely. Give my slot to any player that will give you guys a challenge
Reply Quote
@impepe

Ok added.

@LordZeus

Changed, thanks.
Reply Quote
Right now, Barb vs Barb really comes down more to Weapon Throw with Stun as primary attack. Whoever stuns first have a good chance of winning or perma-stunning, unless the other go WOTB.

Don't even wanna talk about Barb vs the other classes haha.

Or you can use WOTB-Insanity with the relog refresh thing. That probably shouldn't be allowed in a tournament lol.

I've been watching some streams and it seems like matches between well-geared players actually take a bit longer than 5 secs. Those who have good EHP and are spec defensively or with a good amount of dodge can still last quite a while in battles.

People are still experimenting with builds involving Ignore Pain, HOTA, Leap, Ground Stomp, Rend, WOTB, Sprint, Weapon Throw, OPCA etc. You can't have all of them so there might still be some build variety, and gearing will definitely come into play.

Will let the PTR run for a bit first and see if Blizzard makes any changes, with regards to Damage nerfs etc.
Edited by Orion#6600 on 1/16/2013 9:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
I hopped on only for a few min last night and I kinda liked the 5 piece set and using ancient spear grappling hooks (the one that shoots 3 out) with HotA slam.

It just sucks for us cause our only CC breaker is on a long freaking cool down
Reply Quote
Yup I was using Ancient Spear followed by Ground Stomp-Wrenching Smash then HOTA-Smash, and it worked real well for a while till they start breaking out of the Stun, especially Monks.
Reply Quote
When the ptr is back up, can I add u orion? I'd like to see how well I do against u better barbs
Reply Quote
@LordZeus

Sure, I cant log in now because of Error 33. Will add u later.
Reply Quote
@LordZeus

Sure, I cant log in now because of Error 33. Will add u later.

Yeah it was down for me a few minutes ago. I'm going to work in a few minutes so I will be on late tonight, midnight est if i get out early. If not i'll get ya tomorrow
Reply Quote
@LordZeus

PTR is up, added you.
Reply Quote
View profile
anyone online now to have a quick duel practice?
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 03:54 PMPosted by Nikeboy1984

Trying to figure out why my PTR download client won't initiate download. You can see the gear I got up now. I'm quite itching for a fight. I got a lot more in stash, so be ready, Nikeboy! >=|
Reply Quote
@Nikeboy1984

I'm online, but not up to the same level of gear as you if you don't mind.
Reply Quote
If anyone wants my old gear that was on PTR before the last patch implementation (this was before the WW 'nerf'), please let me know.

You will be getting a 159k DPS set with 56k HP, and almost 700 AR unbuffed. The attack per second is roughly 2.15.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/16/2013 04:03 PMPosted by acrimony

Trying to figure out why my PTR download client won't initiate download. You can see the gear I got up now. I'm quite itching for a fight. I got a lot more in stash, so be ready, Nikeboy! >=|

Hey man looking forward. Im off to work now but you can add Orion and FriendlyFade, i just finished practice duel with them

Ill be online later after work
Reply Quote
View profile
@Nikeboy1984

I'm online, but not up to the same level of gear as you if you don't mind.

Dont think about that man, its only for fun while in PTR so we can learn all together. #YOLO
Reply Quote
@ orion

considering to give up my slot to a player more geared to give you guys a challenge..

I'll go for the next bracket if you don't mind. Tnx Bro...
Reply Quote
Probably going to roll with something like this, just haven't decided between a 300th spear or this mighty weapon.
Reply Quote
I'm back in business with detox's build (and slight mod). I can take down demon hunters now.
Edited by FeRMi#1453 on 1/16/2013 5:48 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]