Diablo® III

PvP Dueling Tournament!

Just played with Nikeboy and FriendlyFade. Could barely get Nikeboy's HP down to half.

FriendlyFade is actually really good. He got his Ground Stomp stun down and I actually learned quite a bit playing with him.
Reply Quote
View profile
Just played with Nikeboy and FriendlyFade. Could barely get Nikeboy's HP down to half.

FriendlyFade is actually really good. He got his Ground Stomp stun down and I actually learned quite a bit playing with him.

FriendlyFade is just a quiet guy here in the forums but he is damn strong, he got me several times with that Ground Stomp. The toughest barb i have duelled so far is FriendlyFade.
Reply Quote

FriendlyFade is just a quiet guy here in the forums but he is damn strong, he got me several times with that Ground Stomp. The toughest barb i have duelled so far is FriendlyFade.

Yes, initially I had Ground Stomp and he had it too, but he'd always managed to stun me first followed by Rend. His tactic was really good. Just when the stun was about to end, he would sprint away since he knew I would follow up with a stun once I recovered. Once his Ground Stomp CD ended, he would come at me again.

It was really good practice playing with him, got better at gauging my stun range and follow-up tactics. Only barely killed him a few times, he was just slaughtering everyone who joined.

It helps that he got high EHP too.

Ignore Pain can be used under stun but I find Contempt for Weakness to be weak, pun intended haha. Iron Hide works better for me.
Edited by Orion#6600 on 1/16/2013 6:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile

Yes, initially I had Ground Stomp and he had it too, but he'd always managed to stun me first followed by Rend. His tactic was really good. Just when the stun was about to end, he would sprint away since he knew I would follow up with a stun once I recovered. Once his Ground Stomp CD ended, he would come at me again.

It was really good practice playing with him, got better at gauging my stun range and follow-up tactics. Only barely killed him a few times, he was just slaughtering everyone who joined.

It helps that he got high EHP too.

yes that is a very good tactic, however if you have latency issues you will have the disadvantage because your opponent has already stunned you even before you hit your ground stomp button.
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 06:46 PMPosted by Nikeboy1984
yes that is a very good tactic, however if you have latency issues you will have the disadvantage because your opponent has already stunned you even before you hit your ground stomp button.

True, that can be an issue.

I tried Leap-Death from Above also, but it's hard to leap and stun someone who's always moving around. It works better with Ground Stomp as a follow up to keep the stun going.
Reply Quote
Thanks for all the good comments about me =D.. if anyone is on ptr now I would like to practice some more. I have changed it up a bit in the last hour
Reply Quote
View profile
01/16/2013 06:54 PMPosted by FriendlyFade
Thanks for all the good comments about me =D.. if anyone is on ptr now I would like to practice some more. I have changed it up a bit in the last hour

i need to spend more time playing with you man, i need to learn that tactic, it's really damn good.
Reply Quote
I just spent the last hour playing with a monk and dh, by the end I was owning both of them =)
Reply Quote
View profile
01/16/2013 07:01 PMPosted by FriendlyFade
I just spent the last hour playing with a monk and dh, by the end I was owning both of them =)

i know man, keep up the good work, will play with you later
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 07:01 PMPosted by FriendlyFade

Was the DH using Smoke Screen? Did you managed to counter that?
Edited by Orion#6600 on 1/16/2013 7:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
yeah
Reply Quote
Wow, how you countered that? Ground Stomp him?
Reply Quote
dodge wotb and sprint marathon I would just stay in the middle of his attacks following invisible spamming rend
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 07:17 PMPosted by FriendlyFade
dodge wotb and sprint marathon I would just stay in the middle of his attacks following invisible spamming rend

Oh very nice, good work, keep at it. Let us know your progress.
Reply Quote
Just tested it out. I went with a pretty basic set-up to see how much damage I could take. It varied wildly, but dodge, life-regen, and massive damage mitigation will pay a big role in the Barbarian's ability to be effective in PVP.

I was completely outclassed by everyone in the arena in terms of gear (see: damage), but held my own because of my inherently high EHP build from September.
Reply Quote
Can I try ??

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/fookya-1334/Fookya/1034228

And, My EHP is low like hell. So, dont be afraid
Reply Quote
Can I try ??

It hurts me to see such low EHP :(
Reply Quote
Can I try ??

It hurts me to see such low EHP :(

I m truly sry if my EHP hurts your eyes ~ i'll get it up sometime XD
Reply Quote
View profile
Hey Guys,

Just played FFA with acrimony, Joch, Saberfenix and below are my feedback

1. Joch's REND is just insane and instant kill when it crits even you have 2B EHP!!
2. Saberfenix insane atkspeed is not an issue to me i can tank it and with use of juggernaut it just heals me

Overall: It was fun! though seriously Joch is !!*#%%!%## us with that rend as what i have expected, and that is WITHOUT WOTB. I would say DAKKON will also do the same massive amount of damage

I have never trolled Joch in this forums and i have a lot of respect to him even before but if PVP turns out to be like this, his Skorn-Rend-Throw Build will rule!

Nike
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]