Diablo® III

Fix Tal Rasha's set bonus already!

It's useless; easily the worst set bonuses. 90% of the damage I (and many other wizards's use) is not boosted by this, and even if it were, 3% is an insult compared to every other set. The PTR is up now and blizz is listening to feedback. Now is a good time to get this changed.
Reply Quote
what do you mean 90% of the damages by wizards are not effected by elemental %?
Reply Quote
There is no arcane or physical boost in the set. I spend most of my time in archon, so I don't get an bonus damage from the set. CM wizards use energy twister (arcane) and explosive blast (physical) as primary damage dealers.
Reply Quote
And even if most of your damage DOES come from one of the 3 elements in Tal's, the damage boost is pathetically low; for me it would be in the neighborhood of 6.4k dps for all three set bonuses compared to the 10k dps increase from 130 primary stat or over 24k for 7% crit. Even something like all resist would be a useful set bonus, as it is mysteriously absent from the set itself.

And unlike every other class, there is no way to complete the set bonus with a 2 hander and get our main resource generator. Completing our set requires us to give up BOTH APoC AND Witching Hour.

This set bonus needs to get fixed and now is the time to address it.
Edited by akcrono#1954 on 1/16/2013 3:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
Items are way too good they kinda make up for the garbage bonuses.
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 04:05 AMPosted by nitrocan
Items are way too good they kinda make up for the garbage bonuses.

The amulet and the chest, yes. The helm is average (not BiS) and the belt is a detriment. Every other set has it's own pieces that are unusually powerful (e.g. inna pants, zuni boots); Tal's is not the exception here.
Reply Quote
Really thought more wizards would be on board here.
Reply Quote
Blizz have turned a deaf ear for ages, most of us have campaigned for so long for simple *fixes*.
eg look at how long it took to fix blood magic for archon
Reply Quote
Yup tal's set does suck. I'm a hc wiz and rolling without a sheild is a BIG no-no in HC. The only benefit to the set is if you have at least 4 out of 5 for the 2ap per sec (not bad at all), however to do this i need either a source, or the belt (worst level 60 belt i've ever seen btw). Neither is a good idea to roll. and helm doesn't have ap on crit; cm wizards have it hard enough gearing!

I actually use tal rash chest for the attack speed. It is stand-alone a damn good item. Amulet is only other useful item, maybe. But set? who care for fire damage really ... and 3%! common!
Reply Quote
Problem with Tal Rasha set bonuses is that they are useless most of the time. First of all 2 set bonus and 3 set bonus benefits only certain spells and specs. Lets look at IK or Zunimassa or Natalyas set bonuses. They benefit those classes always regardless their spec or skills.
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 09:25 PMPosted by Romezu
Problem with Tal Rasha set bonuses is that they are useless most of the time. First of all 2 set bonus and 3 set bonus benefits only certain spells and specs. Lets look at IK or Zunimassa or Natalyas set bonuses. They benefit those classes always regardless their spec or skills.

It's even worse than that. Not only do the bonuses not affect all the spells, but even if they did, the bonuses are laughably small. As I said earlier it would be around 6.4k dps for all three set bonuses compared to the 10k dps increase from 130 primary stat or over 24k for 7% crit. Even if it was increased to 10% and both physical and arcane were added to the 4pc, it would STILL be inferior to the other sets. That's how bad Tal's set bonus is.
Reply Quote
Blizz doesn't seem to know what to do with us.
Our set bonuses are an afterthought.

But I'm with ya, OP.

Other set bonuses are awesome. Why not wizard?
Wizards are dipping into other classes' 2-piece Nats, 2-3 Piece Zuni, even 2-piece Immortal King for the bonuses.

But do you see any other classes dipping into Tal Rasha 2-3 piece sets for the measly 3% elemental damage? Of course not!

That's how pathetic the Tal Rasha set bonuses are.
Reply Quote

But do you see any other classes dipping into Tal Rasha 2-3 piece sets for the measly 3% elemental damage? .

If it were only that good it would be a start. It's only 3% to a applicable spell.
Reply Quote

But do you see any other classes dipping into Tal Rasha 2-3 piece sets for the measly 3% elemental damage? .

If it were only that good it would be a start. It's only 3% to a applicable spell.

Exactly. It's uselessness gets compounded in 2 garbage ways.
Reply Quote
so far from waht i've seen only archons and meteor wizards benefit from 3-set or entire set bonuses. other than that it's only armor or ammy
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 02:54 AMPosted by pichapiegal
so far from waht i've seen only archons and meteor wizards benefit from 3-set or entire set bonuses. other than that it's only armor or ammy

archons do not benefit from the set bonus AT ALL
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 02:54 AMPosted by pichapiegal

The Set Bonus is:
"X Skills do Y% more damage."

it is NOT
"Adds Y% to X damage"

The set bonus is not the same as what is on triumverate, or zuni boots.
Reply Quote
I used to run with Tal's chest and ammy. Recently I totally switch to Zuni's (3 pieces from the set). I only kept the Tal's ammy, and although I lost the as speed from the chest, I increased my surviability and I got the damage boost from the zuni boots. I think the set bonuses are laughable. Yes the Tal's ammy and chest by themselves are great items, but to me there is no need to have the set (or more items than those two). There are much better items for the other spots that does not justify to replace them so you can get the set bonuses.
Reply Quote
i think the tal set bonus may be good if stacked right. You get all 3 then use a trium and making sure to stack more elemental damage bonuses on other parts fo gear, then get a strong black weapon to maximise this.

i'm not sure how usefull this could be but i think it might have some merit.

but yeah, the set bonus is very lack luster
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 04:29 AMPosted by BDF

The Set Bonus is:
"X Skills do Y% more damage."

it is NOT
"Adds Y% to X damage"

The set bonus is not the same as what is on triumverate, or zuni boots.

wow really? see, i've been seeing a lot of high end archon users with 3 tal set; armor/helm/ammy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]