Diablo® III

Fix Tal Rasha's set bonus already!

01/18/2013 05:45 AMPosted by pichapiegal

The Set Bonus is:
"X Skills do Y% more damage."

it is NOT
"Adds Y% to X damage"

The set bonus is not the same as what is on triumverate, or zuni boots.

wow really? see, i've been seeing a lot of high end archon users with 3 tal set; armor/helm/ammy.

Helm is just a cheap way to get %life, crit, and a socket without investing in a crit mempo. Chest/ammy have extra dps stats on them (attck spd on chest nad % dmg on ammy) which make them high dps items. The set bonus does not factor into it at all.
Reply Quote
View profile
apoc should be set bonus. 10 for 3. 20 for 4. And the lame 3% like maybe 5% and applies like a trium.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/18/2013 6:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 06:23 AMPosted by Aimless
apoc should be set bonus. 10 for 3. 20 for 4. And the lame 3% like maybe 5% and applies like a trium.

With pvp up and coming, I actually like a passive regen bonus. Lets me regen without having to be hitting something.

Though I do agree that the regen is kind of weak in magnitude, I don't think any amount of regen would measure up to the magnitude demanded by CM-WW spec.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 06:33 AMPosted by BDF

With pvp up and coming, I actually like a passive regen bonus. Lets me regen without having to be hitting something.

Though I do agree that the regen is kind of weak in magnitude, I don't think any amount of regen would measure up to the magnitude demanded by CM-WW spec.

I think APoC also offers that item choice that Blizzard wants. They would want us to decide between a nice special bonus from the 4 piece (Tal's belt) vs higher dps (Witching Hour). Currently, the set bonus is so bad that the obvious choice is a witching hour for anyone who has money.
Reply Quote
Other classes have set items which gives a boost to the primary attributres (STR/DEX/INT):

• Barbarians: Immortal King
  • Demon Hunter: Natalya
  • Monks: Inna
  • Witch Doctors: Zunimassa

• Tal Rasha set does not have a set bonus to give Wizards the incentive to invest in a full set. Furthermore, as others have stated in this thread, the damage modifier on the Tal Rasha set bonus is simply too low. Perhaps if it worked similar like the Triumvirate, or if the damage modifier was increased from 3% to 9% it might be more worthwhile.

I don't understand how this set did not get any attention from Blizzard during the legendary boost patch 1.0.4. It is definately something Blizzard has overlooked.
    Edited by Woah#2776 on 1/22/2013 2:18 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    If they stacked elemental stats like Zuni boots, I might consider switching.
    Reply Quote
    01/22/2013 02:11 AMPosted by DarkLotus
    If they stacked elemental stats like Zuni boots, I might consider switching.

this was on the legacy tal's set. it would be nice to see apoc or something as a bonus.
    Reply Quote
    Stop crying.
    Reply Quote
    imo tal set bonus should be like something along the line of

-high int
    -ap reduction cost
    -ap regen
    -all resist

but no :(

Helm is just a cheap way to get %life, crit, and a socket without investing in a crit mempo. Chest/ammy have extra dps stats on them (attck spd on chest nad % dmg on ammy) which make them high dps items. The set bonus does not factor into it at all.

yeah i just asked a high end archon friend of mine and he said the same. the only bonus he is benefiting from the tal is the lightning for his storm armor. other than that, what you said.
    Reply Quote
    I think the current abilities could work if they were dramatically enhanced. Like, 20-25% per element instead of 3%. And switch the 2-piece and 3-piece elements to give SNS more incentive to use Allegiance. I also really like the idea of the 4-piece bonus giving APoC.

My only reservation is that any significant boost or modification of the set abilities might make the better Tal set items BiS for some non-wizard builds, increasing the demand and driving up the prices beyond (beyond-er, even!) what the average ATGOWTWT can afford.
    Reply Quote
    why the !@#$ are we even discussing? blizz will not change items that are already in game, so ENOUGH! QQ already, it is what it is...
    Reply Quote
    i'd like to see:

1. int
    2. all elemental damage spells for +5% or more
    3. all resist
    4. apoc
    Reply Quote
    I think the current abilities could work if they were dramatically enhanced. Like, 20-25% per element instead of 3%. And switch the 2-piece and 3-piece elements to give SNS more incentive to use Allegiance. I also really like the idea of the 4-piece bonus giving APoC.

My only reservation is that any significant boost or modification of the set abilities might make the better Tal set items BiS for some non-wizard builds, increasing the demand and driving up the prices beyond (beyond-er, even!) what the average ATGOWTWT can afford.

This could be easily solved by having the first set bonus be something wizard specific (like an AP booster or 10% to 2 elements). TO be honest, considering the 2 good set pieces are so good partly because of base int, I don't see any other classes other than WD's going for them to get a set bonus.
    Reply Quote
    Lets ask for

2pcs IAS bonus
    3 piece CD bonus
    4 piece APOC
    Reply Quote
    I think that it can be agreed that Tal Rasha's set bonuses are weak compared to other classes. Yes the armor has IAS and the ammy can roll fantastic stats. Nonetheless these items are expensive. It would be nice to see something like:

1) Int
    2) All Res + (Possibly) Vit
    3) APoC + All Elemental Dmg %
    4) Arcane Regen

Maybe 3) and 4) switched and possibly Vit thrown in there somewhere would be nice.
    Reply Quote
    I agree with op, but it has been a problem that has been mentioned since these new sets came out.

I would write a huge !@# article but it wont change blizzards interpretation of "balance" We have one strong ammy, a chest piece that is BiS for Wizards, and nothing else.

1(80 int)
    2(55 RA)
    3(APoC might be a steep one, I would have to see what other set bonuses are)
    4(2.00 arcane might be fine)
    Reply Quote
    View profile
    01/16/2013 08:54 PMPosted by akcrono
    Really thought more wizards would be on board here.

I'm with you, OP.
    Reply Quote
    01/15/2013 11:54 PMPosted by akcrono
    It's useless; easily the worst set bonuses.

Exactly!
    The bonus doesn't even cover arcane damage which most cool skills use. Very VERY dissapointing set-bonus.
    And all other "class-sets" have very nice bonusses like a nice boost of the main stat or all resistances.
    Why can't it just be +% to damage like Zunimassa's Trail. Then it would be OK.
    Reply Quote
    Here's the absolute WORST thing about the set!

2 gives fire+3%
    3 gives lightning+3%
    4 gives cold+3%

So what this is saying even IF the 3% was higher and useful is that 2 is for fire ok... So then when u have 3 you have to use fire and lightning to get the benefit... Ok that's weird. Now for the 4 set you have to use fire, lightning, and cold spells for damage all together? I don't think so.... That's retarded. The set bonuses only affect one type of wizard at a time instead of other set bonuses increasing the entire effectiveness of that class.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]