Diablo® III

1.07 Character swap from retail: Worth it?

I am aware of the character transfer from the retail version of 1.06 to 1.07, but is the transfer going to affect my original character in the retail version? What are the plans for public release of 1.07, and will I have an option to resume 1.07 with my original 1.06 save?

The only reason I ask, is for the overwriting process, and am not sure if it is assumed this will happen.

Any info is appreciated :)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
SoulburN,

You can't swap any of your characters from one version to another. The character copy process you're most likely referring to is simply to get your existing characters over to the PTR so they can be used rather than making new ones and having to level them all the way back to 60 again.

Once 1.0.7 goes live, all characters become 1.0.7 versions though they are really defined by the version of the game, they're just characters.

You can't bring back a PTR character to the retail client either. Any progress you may make on a PTR character will not be reflected in the retail game at all.
Reply Quote
Awesome. Thanks for the help. Didn't know if by swapping characters I would lose the original status of my Wizard (1.06) when 1.07 moves out of testing and into the public.

I was unsure if the changes made in the PTR 1.07 were going to be reflected in the retail version after playing PTR, or if it was similar to a beta, and I would retain my 1.06 build and assimilate into 1.07 after release.

Honestly not interested in spending millions for the Archon Armor and losing that $.

Ar there Bind On Account items that I am missing? or are these plans I have to find?

Thanks again.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
SoulburN,

There are new Bind on Account items being introduced in 1.0.7. I believe they're all crafted though so yes, you need the plans as well as the ingredients.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414570/Public_Test_Realm_--_Patch_107_Notes-1_15_2013
Reply Quote
And these are legendary or rare? Sorry, just don't know what to look for, if it's not the Archon Armor you can buy from squirt.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
SoulburN,

The patch notes call them rare recipes and explain that some are available from a vendor while others may be dropped from certain monsters as well as anywhere in the game.
Reply Quote
Great thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]