Diablo® III

Superstitions

So I realized today I have a superstition around this game. As a result, I believe I have one of the strangest ways of "looting" in the game.

I have a tendancy of picking up all rare drops, however depending on what they are i do different things with them. if the rares are level 63's (with the exception of 2h melee or shields) or are Amulets or Rings I put them UN'IDed in an empty tab I have in my stash. Once i completly fill the tab I then wait for the next game in which I find a unique and ID them all at once.

For all other rares I quickly ID them as I get them BUT do NOT look at the results/stats until I get into town and have a full pack to sell.

Just thought this was very strange and was wondering if I was the only one.

Anyone else have any strange superstitions or patterns?
Reply Quote
I drink coffee while I ID stuff, usually it comes out all crap
Reply Quote
I have a full tin foil suit that I put on before I ID any items.
Reply Quote
I don't ID legendaries until i have 3
Reply Quote
well coffee works as a laxative, so maybe that's why
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Drift

LOL!!!!!
Reply Quote
I always check the weapon rack in the bridge stores in Act III. I found two legendaries off that thing.
Reply Quote

Best pun ever
Reply Quote
I try to not mouse-over any other items I've ID'd so they're all bright yellow before I look at them. I think it's more something to keep me occupied while IDing an inventory full of items than a proper superstition though. Just keeping my mouse hand precise as possible.
Reply Quote

+1

01/18/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Demiwraith
I always check the weapon rack in the bridge stores in Act III. I found two legendaries off that thing.

Will start checking that now :P

I don't have a specific superstition regarding IDing exactly, but every once in a while I'll just get this feeling that something good is going to drop. A lot of time I am wrong, but the couple times I have had the feeling strongly and that was right before my 4 really good drops (the best of which was a "I need to join a pub game right now!" and 2 minutes in I had a 250m spear drop ._.), so now if I feel that way I start kicking every dead body, crate and barrel. So if you ever see me doing that in game, that is what is going on. I just feel like if I ignore it, I'm going to miss something big.
Reply Quote
I have a superstition about legendarys. I have to salvage them before IDing because it makes my brimstones better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]