Diablo® III

Detailed Gearing and Skill Guide [Genesis]

I love this thread and have requested sticky. Please everyone who found it useful just take 1 second and click the "Request Sticky" button at the top.
Reply Quote
should i switch to a highend calamity for higher mp?
Reply Quote
which is better calamity or double socket manticore?, and if anyone knowledgable has a chance to look at my profile

I'm trying to get more ehp/hp/survivability in my build as currently I get eaten by most everything even with 30k hp and 405 AR so not really sure where to go for that with what I currently have.
Reply Quote
Bit of a bump here, but wanted to thank Genesis for the thread. I posted in here back on February 7th because I was a bit frustrated with being a glass cannon; I had something around 220k damage unbuffed and 275k buffed, but my eHP was crap, somewhere around ~150k ehp w/out dodge and 290k ehp w/dodge.

Over the last 7 or so weeks since finding this thread my goal was to keep myself at 200k damage completely unbuffed but get my eHP as high as possible. Through a lot of work and crafting I was able to get myself at about 182k damage with 340k ehp w/OUT dodge! And all of that was only at a cost of maybe 50-60 million including crafting costs which is a fair amount of money for most people, but not some crazy obscene amount; it was the most I've ever had, but it's not like I'm dropping hundreds of millions to get that. Then yesterday I had my biggest drop ever which I sold for 250 mil (previous biggest sale was 45 mil) which I used to upgrade four pieces further, so right now I'm about broke BUT I did it! Currently sitting at 201k unbuffed damage and 382k eHP w/out dodge!

http://d3up.com/b/315739

Over the course of all of this I've gone from being able to pretty much faceroll MP1 to running MP4/5 at about the same level of difficulty, and that was before those four upgrades I made yesterday. I dropped the + Disc I had on my DML for a DPS/eHP upgrade so I also just changed out Steady Aim for Night Stalker per the advice in the OP which I think should help or make up that difference. I'm not quite sure if I'm going to give up Lightning Ball for Spike Trap and Smokescreen for Sentry quite yet though, but we'll see.

But anyway I wanted to thank Genesis for all of the help and advice! I deviated a bit due to personal preferences, but this was a fantastic guideline that really got me going in the right direction and hugely stepped my game up, and I already know my next plans for upgrades going in the same direction.
Reply Quote
Just wanted to thank you for this amazing guide. I've been using it to upgrade my DH over the last week or so and its been working wonders for me. I love the balanced concept for the class.

http://d3up.com/b/457413

Next steps are getting a Dex Hellfire Ring, upgrading Amulet, and picking up a Mempo for some more EHP.
Reply Quote
Bumped to first page! Let's get us a Sticky!!
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Hey Genesis..n ppl.

Need help on my build...impossible to play mp7-10 for solo

able to do mp7 as a team.

what shd I do next?
mempo with crit? (too ex)
Amulet with more attributes?
Reply Quote
Well, congrats on getting this to be the first DH sticky thread!
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 08:41 AMPosted by Akra65
Need help on my build...impossible to play mp7-10 for solo

a quick overview shows you at 39k HP, I'd work on upping your vit. Look at your boots, your legs, and your helmet

Consider a switch of skills from Hungering Arrow to Bola Shot, it does well especially combined with Grim Reaper, stacking AOE damages is very helpful!
Reply Quote
Hi OP & all other DH experts,

I don't know is it a right place to ask question but I need help ^^.

Recently I got a Windforce from drop, I wish I can rebuild my DH & my target is MP7. At the moment I have 2 main problems :-

1) I don't know which skills are better for higher MP?
This problem have been solved after I read the "High MP Farming" part of this thread. But I still have a little question. I use Windforce, I think "Preparation" is not compulsory to me, is there any alternative choice?

2) I don't know how far from min requirement of MP7 my gears is?
Although I can test it, your answer will save me a lot ot time :)
Reply Quote
Hi OP & all other DH experts,

I don't know is it a right place to ask question but I need help ^^.

Recently I got a Windforce from drop, I wish I can rebuild my DH & my target is MP7. At the moment I have 2 main problems :-

1) I don't know which skills are better for higher MP?
This problem have been solved after I read the "High MP Farming" part of this thread. But I still have a little question. I use Windforce, I think "Preparation" is not compulsory to me, is there any alternative choice?

2) I don't know how far from min requirement of MP7 my gears is?
Although I can test it, your answer will save me a lot ot time :)

What MP are you currently playing comfortably? After a quick overview of your gear, I notice a few glaring issues that should be immediately addressed. One is that you have almost no critical hit chance and have stacked attack speed to the detriment of other, more useful stats for increasing true DPS. This must be remedied if you're going to escalate MP's played.

In the gear shown in your profile, my estimate is that you would comfortably play at MP1-2, depending on your skill level, perhaps even 3.

There are no "min requirements" however. Just keep upping that Crit Chance, Crit Damage, and overall DPS + EHP until you can do it!
Reply Quote
Thanks for professional advise Oscar ^^.

What MP are you currently playing comfortably? After a quick overview of your gear, I notice a few glaring issues that should be immediately addressed. One is that you have almost no critical hit chance and have stacked attack speed to the detriment of other, more useful stats for increasing true DPS. This must be remedied if you're going to escalate MP's played.

My current setup is a combination of old gears without any planning, will try to replace some AS with CC & CD in the future.

There are no "min requirements" however. Just keep upping that Crit Chance, Crit Damage, and overall DPS + EHP until you can do it!

Thanks for advise.
Reply Quote
hello, please use the skill calculator, then use the "link to this build" button and put that in your thread. A picture says a thousand words (which no one wants to read).
Reply Quote
The OP is no longer active on these forums. Edits cannot be made to the original post
Reply Quote
Hey guys. Just checked in and found that my thread FINALLY got stickied! I won't be handing out advice until finals end. I'm taking a bit of a break, so no promises on the return time. Even though things have changed with new patches and such, I'm pretty sure the ideas in the guide are still valid. Looks like oscar has been filling in for me, so thank you.

For all of those who helped get this stickied, thank you! Feels good after all that time and work haha.

@EphSixTen

I'm not going to change the way my guide is set up. I'm a big believe in the whole "teach a man to fish" way of thinking, so I'm not just going to show you what you need to do, but tell you why. If you can't be bothered to read it, then by all means don't. It's broken up into sections anyway, so you should be able to find the skills just by scanning.
Reply Quote
ANNNNND I stand corrected! Welcome back Genesis! Your guide is absolutely still quite relevant, which is why it was nominated as a sticky thread. Thank you for your hard work, I look forward to having your expertise back in the forum!! :-)

We had quite the movement here a few days ago getting our stickies. You can probably read about it a few pages back in the thread.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569307330#1

There was the rally thread.
Reply Quote
@ Genesis
Cool, thanks man!
Edited by EphSixTen#1454 on 4/12/2013 8:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Great thread!
Reply Quote
Thanks Oscar....

Still sticking to Hungering at the moment, did some changes.

cant afford a CC mempo but current set up seems to be gd.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]