Diablo® III

Demon Hunter Skills Questions

I've got a few questions about how some of the Demon Hunter skills work. Unfortunately the descriptions given in game are pretty vague. I might post my questions one at a time.

Q1: Chakram says it does 170% weapon damage. If I'm dual wielding is that 170% of my primary weapon? Or does it include both?
Reply Quote
dual wielding on the DH alternates MH/OH with every attack; We don't get the "stat stick" capacity where we can use a large portion of attacks gloves side only

companions check which ever hand is dominate for every attack/shot (including sentry)
things like a spike trap, gain the stats on set, not on activation
caltrop( not sure, I think it gains the stats set though, not when it is sprung)
sCloud gains it's stats on cast and will retain damage/leech throughout the 2min

should the weapons have different base speeds your APS will list alternating (APS1 & APS2) with each shot, however your actual firing speed is an average

the only exception is Fan Of Knives, which will only use the Glove side
RoV is probably in that category as well (cooldowns)
Edited by zoid#1554 on 1/7/2013 9:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks zoid.

Q2: Do secondary attacks such as chakram do critical hits? What about other skills?
Reply Quote
Thanks zoid.

Q2: Do secondary attacks such as chakram do critical hits? What about other skills?
well yes, everything crits

only rare exceptions do not crit; sentries do not, but
sentry (chain of torment) WILL perform crits and procs, as the chain is considered you

caltrops (jagged spikes) crit% and cd% will augment the damage, however it is delivered as a smooth average and it's proc coefficient is 0.0, it will never give you discipline or LoH

sCloud will take a snap shot of your critical_hit_damage% on cast, and retain that the whole time... you could load up on crit_damage% gear and cast sCloud, then swap it off and the sCloud retain s the cd% for 2 mins; it's a bit exploitable like that

However sCloud will track crit% at each hit, there is no way to load up on crit% such as wait for ShSH and cast it at 100%
Edited by zoid#1554 on 1/8/2013 9:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have seen a few different numbers for the true damage of Bolas shot. The game says 180% yet I have come across sites saying 130%. Any idea to what the real dmg to the primary target is? Also I have come across different skills cast more fireballs from the hellfire ring than others, like Chakram where I believe it can proc a fireball on each hit it lands. Just wondering if anyone knows the true stats about the skills.
Reply Quote
Thanks again zoid :)

Q3: Hungering Arrow with Scatter Shot. It says the arrows divide into 3, but it doesn't say how much damage each arrow does. Does each arrow do 115% or is the damage divided between them?
I assume each arrow has a chance to do criticals or other effects such as stunning?
Edited by Clawcity#6336 on 1/16/2013 7:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
Guys?
Reply Quote
In the future, I'd post all your questions at once.
Reply Quote
Q3: Hungering Arrow with Scatter Shot. It says the arrows divide into 3, but it doesn't say how much damage each arrow does. Does each arrow do 115% or is the damage divided between them?
I assume each arrow has a chance to do criticals or other effects such as stunning?

Each arrow in the split is an additional hungering arrow, but I'm unsure if those split arrows are incapable of further splitting. I have used it in the past and I've never seen a situation where you just do 1 Scatter Shot and take out 100 Mobs. Each additional arrow should pick up a chance at crit as well as knockback/freeze/stun/etc. from gear bonuses.

This is a very infrequently used skill and for good reason: it doesn't hold a candle to other hungering arrow runes.

Assuming a high crit chance (>40%), the order of preference of DPS should be:
Spray of teeth
Devouring
Puncturing
Cinder (great at additional procs though I believe)
Scatter
Edited by Oscar#1292 on 1/20/2013 5:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
Where did you get those figures from? Admittedly I may be working this out wrong, but the order I got was nothing like that.
Reply Quote
Devouring average damage 243%
Cinder 231%
Puncturing 230%
SoT 177+(77*CritChance/100) %
Scatter q_q%
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]