Diablo® III

Sword and Board - Academy

@ Lancer - Honestly, I'd add LS to your weapon. You've got a ton of LOH elsewhere already. Having both would improve your survivability noticably I bet. Since you are not using a weapon damage based spirit spender skill (e.g. bells or LTK) you can probably search for a low DPS (700-900) range with LS/DEX/Crit Dmg/Socket or some combination of those. I bet you break even on DPS and gain the LS.

Also, More dex in general on Ammy, Left ring, Gloves, if possible.
05/23/2013 01:50 PMPosted by Zuggles
low DPS (700-900) range with LS/DEX/Crit Dmg/Socket or some combination of those. I bet you break even on DPS and gain the LS

Well you would loose that bet. His weapon has beast DPS and there is no way he could afford any type of LS weapon. Ran a fist through a damage calc, 1050 dps, 126 dex, 57% chd, os, which was the highest DPS fist with LS on the AH at the time and he lost quite a bit of DPS. Don't even ask how much was being asked for it. He needs to get away from the build he has to advance but with the limitations he has placed on himself it is going to be very hard.
As you pointed out crafting is about his only chance.
Dang, had a whole response typed up and it didn't post. Anyways, the skill set I have on right now isn't my normal set, I was farming the Pinked achievement last night on Normal. I'll repost later.

*later* Ok. I realize an LS weapon would really benefit me and I see the prices are starting to come down. I'm planning on going with Inna Pants and Helm/stones, Tal's Chest, and Witching hour.

My skill set-up is cookie cutter type. Thunderclap, Serenity, Cyclone, Blazing Wrath, Overawe, OWE, STI, Combo Strike.....then rotate whatever I'm feeling like for the last. Usually WoL, not for damage but mainly for Knockback/teleport purposes to easily get out of Desecrate/Plague/Molten stacks. I did play around with Foresight the other day, the crowds melted quite nicely. I like using Backlash too or something off the wall.

LS weapons, I have 2 that don't have sockets. First is a fist at 1.54 attacks/sec with 171 vit and 3% LS at 1226 DPS, I really get a good sustain boost from this but just takes a while to take down Elites in 8 and above. The other a Sword at 1.42 attacks with 3% and 1270 dps, I don't really use it though due to the drop in health I get.

I'm scoping gloves and there are upgrades, but I need the increased stats and price to match-up, no point using 8mil gold on a mere 500 damage boost. Rings....sigh, I really need to cut the cord on LoH don't I? lol
Edited by Lancer#1591 on 5/24/2013 2:18 PM PDT
low DPS (700-900) range with LS/DEX/Crit Dmg/Socket or some combination of those. I bet you break even on DPS and gain the LS

Well you would loose that bet. His weapon has beast DPS and there is no way he could afford any type of LS weapon. Ran a fist through a damage calc, 1050 dps, 126 dex, 57% chd, os, which was the highest DPS fist with LS on the AH at the time and he lost quite a bit of DPS. Don't even ask how much was being asked for it. He needs to get away from the build he has to advance but with the limitations he has placed on himself it is going to be very hard.
As you pointed out crafting is about his only chance.

Noted! Clearly I undervalue raw damage on weapons a bit. Still I think LS Is the next big step someway, somehow.

Lancer - I would still run with a LS Weapon that does not have any Vit on there. You should figure out how to get all the Vit on your other gear to free up your weapon purchases considerably.

Try searching for:

Life steal 2.6+
CD 80% or OS (or both at first, then drop one if you cannot afford anything. Search both independently for a deal. )
Then set Avg Damage at 600 and start raising it up as high as you can get while still affording the options. Toggle between all weapon types

Ultimately you want to end up someday with a weapon that has 3 things - LS, OS, CD (Eventually LoH too according to this thread, but that is a whole different ballgame, and you already have tons of LOH gear.) These 3 things can only be gotten on weapons and jewelry in general. Avoid Main stats, Dex/Vit until you can affordably add them to these 3 things without sacrificing.

My sword was 20M for reference pre- 1.08 inflation. I searched:
Avg. Damage 725+
Life steal 2.7+
Open socket
CD 50+
Life on kill
Sadly, it does appear that it would be much more expensive now.

Before that I ran weapons that had the LS, but only one or the other OS or CD. Keep in mind that unless you have a 100% CD gem (which I still don't) you are better off with 90-100 native CD or an open socket and low native CD that adds up to more than your best green gem would give alone.

Bottom line is, focus on the stats that you can only get (LS) or nearly only get (CD) on the weapon slot. Then try adding Average damage & Dex to all jewelry to compensate. And get your Vit somewhere else!

Nameless elaborates on this greatly here : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005435708

Have patience, and buy only on bids unless you see something ridiculously under priced on buyout.
Edited by Zuggles#1174 on 5/24/2013 2:52 PM PDT
Not sure on what to upgrade to obtain more DPS while keeping my defense the same. Currently have a 200M budget. Any help help would be appreciated. Thanks
Anyone can make opinion about farming in mp10 and make ubers (alone and group )? Obv, i say about s/b with 200k dps unbuff , with good ress and armor.
View profile
@ Lancer

You need to get some movement on your gear. Forget about everything else, at least for now and get 12% minimum.
IF YOU WANA SEE A GG SHIELD CHECK MY PROFILE PLAYAS I LOVE YOU ALL MONKS <3 <3
OMG I HAVE NEVER SEEN A GG SHIELD. I AM SO HAPPY.
YO U LUCKY YO U LUCKY ITS COOL UR SHIELD BETTER THAN MINE BUT LIKE ITS COOL I LOVE U
What goes on with shields these days? just nothing at all around.
I've noticed that! I have a bunch I am trying to sell but I have no idea how to price them. Most of them are pretty decent, I used to use them. If anyone is interested in buying one let me know what youre looking for I will tell you what I have. Add me in game Ghost#1581
01/11/2013 12:47 PMPosted by jco310
If you wish to add me, it maybe beneficial to make a post first stating what your goal is (PvP, MP10, whatever). Please be aware that some goals will require a hefty amount of gold so be prepared to take quite some time to acquire the gear you want and be patient, it tends to take time to gear yourself how you want.

Hi jco310, Added you in game. :)

Not sure how much Gold is required to reach a certain level/goal, but my goal is to solo MP10 ubers
Edited by Mirage#6524 on 5/27/2013 6:13 AM PDT
Mirage, soloing MP10 ubers will require a few billion in gear for the most part. You'll need a 11XX DPS weapon with CD, LS and a socket. If the weapon damage is over 12XX, you can get LOH instead of CD. The big issue with MP10 ubers is the enrage timer, mainly on SB. With the enrage timer, you'll need at least 175K DPS unbuffed to take SB and ZK out before they hit enrage. As SB has reflect damage, you'll need LOH in addition to LS for sustaining purposes. I swap to a LOH amulet in ubers so I can facetank them. MP10 ubers with a s/b is a gear check.

I'm sure others will post also, I've not done SC for awhile since I've been in HC. I used Mystic Ally when I soloed the ubers along with NDE in case I goofed. The ally will tank for you and NDE will give you a free death, or more if you allow the cooldown to reset.
Edited by jco310#1218 on 5/27/2013 10:03 AM PDT
Spend about 20 mil yesterday on my new gear! Take a new look. I added a WH, Inna Pants/Stones, and Tal's chest. I gained 10k DPS (which isn't including the 9% damage increase on SW), additional 5% CC, 38% CD, 17% more IAS, but lost about 150-200K EHP in the form of ~70 resist, 10K health, 450 LoH, and 500 Armor. The increased movement speed is fun but wasn't necessary.

Played around on MP7 afterward and really noticed the difference in damage the mobs really melted and I might try some MP8 later today, though I was feeling more squishy than what I'm used to. I switch in my LS weapon when I encounter elites with Plague/Molten/FireChain/Desecrate/Arcane and reflect for that matter. I didn't think I would but the 450 LoH loss is what I'm noticing the most.

Would I be better off going with a Thunderfist Inna's Radiance since my Attacks are at 2.32 per second?

I also was playing around with Seven Sided Strike last night with Beacon (normally run Combo strike with some other random/fun skill) and wondered if the AoE on Fulminating Onslaught procs LoH/LS/Cyclones like Thunderclap's AoE does? Also, does the stun duration with Pandemonium decreased with Elites and Bosses? (NOTE: I know WoL is a better damage dealer but I don't use them like that)
View profile
@ Lancer

Glad you were able to upgrade. You are at the point where LS will start to off set your loss of LOH. It will be a rather large expense but I would start looking into LS on your weapon.

The comment on MS was so you could position easier and faster while engaged, not just to run faster.

I suggest you start crafting to replace your neck, that looks like a good inexpensive (sort of) place to start.
think i have a pretty decent sacred shield to let go

dex 246
vit 291
block 19%
additional amor 389
cc 9.5
Cold resist 57

its on my monk
05/27/2013 04:55 PMPosted by savantz
think i have a pretty decent sacred shield to let go

That is really nice... stupid OWE.
@ Lancer

Glad you were able to upgrade. You are at the point where LS will start to off set your loss of LOH. It will be a rather large expense but I would start looking into LS on your weapon.

The comment on MS was so you could position easier and faster while engaged, not just to run faster.

I suggest you start crafting to replace your neck, that looks like a good inexpensive (sort of) place to start.

Oh! Ya, I was noticing that about MS, it was a lot easier to position myself.
Ammy, I'm looking at Tal's right now until I can get/craft/find a good trifecta or God hoping Quad....maybe Pent if Satan jumps on board.

And I do have a good deal in auctions right now, if they all sell I could be up to around 100mil and be closer to a Socket/LS weapon.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]