Diablo® III

Sword and Board - Academy

@gotaplanstan

as requested ^_^

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m605/Rafferti/Screenshot016_zps2508492a.jpg

@Taross

in terms of PVP, I think it is too early to make any judgement about what is best in terms of dealing damage considering that we still don't have pvp as of now and are still in the dark as to the exact mechanics (damage wise, damage mitigation wise, etc etc) of the dueling system. Generally though, yes good CC and CD value are good for DPS. However, in my case I decided to go CC and high base weapon damage (hence you can see i have lots of average damage on ring/ ammy and got a non CD but extremely high weapon damage range MH) instead to balance out more of my damage compared to a very spiky damage of a heavily reliant CC+CD build. I've checked in d3up and my weapon per hit damage is at 48.8k (yours is at 53K). Remember that these numbers factor in CC and CD already (my only advantage is that i have a bit more AS than you so I have a total DPS that is slightly higher). And since I'm at 41%CC and 207%CD and you are at 50%cc and 398%CD, that simply means that your damages are extremely spiky. Yes, some of your crits might hit higher numbers but that also means you will also be seeing extremely low white numbers and medium crits as well (when you crit but the weapon damage is based on the lower weapon damage range of your MH).
I'd not get the whole set, but Dictator used to have the most amazing Hallowed Defender, which would be as close to BiS Shield you could get.Was it:Hallowed Defender+151 Dexterity+131 Vitality+70 Resistance to All Elements+8% Life+8% Chance to BlockCritical Hit Chance Increased by 8.0%

I have it now =) he sold it

Edit: sorry *she afaik
Edited by prod#2134 on 1/13/2013 4:36 AM PST
I need to get a trifecta duncraig and a better mainhand before my s/b gear really becomes viable.
What's the min budget for a mid SnB?
@Kythe

Thats a super cool look in the pic haha. I may run just from the pic :P
Edited by Gotcha#1167 on 1/14/2013 8:41 AM PST
@Walaa

Probably around 200M or so, all depends what you consider "mid" and what you wish to focus on in your build (balance, DPS, sustain, etc...). 200M would allow you to have decent gems in slotted items and probably have good sustain.
@Walaa

Probably around 200M or so, all depends what you consider "mid" and what you wish to focus on in your build (balance, DPS, sustain, etc...). 200M would allow you to have decent gems in slotted items and probably have good sustain.

I think Jco hit a good number. I'd like to add that it's much cheaper for big ehp gains than it is to go for dps. Especially, starting out.
If there was no budget what items would combine to create the best S/B build for PvP (in theory)?
@Tyrant

No right or wrong answer. Diabloprogress takes into account 2 characters bashing each other without using any skills or sustain. One can win on pure DPS or EHP or a balance. However, as patchnotes and testing has not started, it's hard to say how effective crowd control, sustain, and resource management is going to be. Those would seriously throw a wrench into the game.

-PuddingHead

*edit*
Although, i would say 3MM EHP, 200k+ DPS, Life Steal + 1k+ LoH will be absolutely beastly if you can manage to get there :-P
Edited by PuddingHead#1779 on 1/14/2013 11:58 AM PST
@Tyrant

If budget is no issue, and by that I mean you have billions to spend, you can checkout the top PvP guys on diabloprogress. But be prepared to spend quite a bit on comparable gear. Once the PTR is live, I will be testing out my build against a lot of guys. Should have a much better idea what works in a few days after the PTR is out.
@Walaa

I'd say a balanced build... Guess Really High EHP would be easier to upgrade for DPS later on.
200m sounds good for a good SnB. Wonder if someone built a good SnB for that much.. Anyone? Would be nice to have something to compare with ^^
my thoughts when I read the pre 1.07 patch info regarding pvp coming out was something like this. What characters were getting the buffs. IMO the pre testers already saw flaws in the pvp design for monks and wiz since those are getting the buffs. For us monks I guarantee you it is going to be spirit issues and sustaining it and thus some buffs yet who knows what those buffs will be since they gave up trying to equalize out each class.

DH are going to be very hard to kill, very hard IMO, and the fact that in order for us to keep up means lots of dashing and spirit spending if we can not mitigate that monks are dead let alone the legacy users. My old DH can vault at warp speed virtually non stop and when stopping gloom & smole screen baby lol haha.

What puzzled me is the WD not getting any form of buff. I see a lot of WD skills that can cause serious problems especially if they are built with high ehp with hex, horrify, fright, etc. so my WD thoughts are what happened in their testing that stopped them from adding buffs since WD do need a few mana issue buffs.

PVP should be fun on monks. IMO if spirit is not fixed somehow many of us will be changing gears accordingly which may not be that big an issue yet will be a huge issue if DH's have to be run down in the game.

Should be fun though
Edited by Gotcha#1167 on 1/14/2013 2:47 PM PST
Any guides coming out? :D
View profile
Ah this is perfect I just made the switch last night now I have all day at work to go through these pages!
So, how are SnB monks doing in PTR?
View profile
01/13/2013 11:53 PMPosted by Cayzer
I need to get a trifecta duncraig and a better mainhand before my s/b gear really becomes viable.

Dodge plays a big roll in eHP and dueling. Keeping this in mind Dex directly affects dodge so perhaps you would be keen on getting a Duncraig with as close to 100% CD and as close to 200 Dex and 100 Vit with a Dex & Vit/Dex Roll since you will get your 10cc from shield.

Only speculation of course on my part.

Wish Duncraig rolled Trifecta and Main Stat myself....
@walaa

I can not speak for others, but so far, s/b works well. Having high hp's helps me, along with armor and decent resists. Getting feared by EF is a pain, as are WD's. The toughest battles are against WD's so far, they have quite a few tricks to get you. But I'm sure we will figure out how to challenge them better very soon.
Edited by jco310#1218 on 1/16/2013 8:11 AM PST
MP5 hasn't been a problem and switching from OWE to combo strike has been beneficial for getting rid of packs quicker.

I know my weapon needs work, but am having a hard time justifying replacing my nat ring for one with either ias or cc.

I am way behind the curve it seems with my monk, and it was my first to 60. Am sitting around 100m right now and I think I wouldn't mind putting some of it towards him now. Last week I wasn't :) but I think am at a good spot w my other 2 favs.

Edit: I splurged on my chest which didn't buff my dps but EHP went up around 30k EHP from IK which was one of my questions. No longer have 100m to spend atm
Edited by bapdawg110#1651 on 1/17/2013 2:06 AM PST
awesome thread!

need help guys, how do i achieve the 100k dps with s&b? i got 45ish cc which i assume is good but damn i only got 50k dps...i know that my dex is kinda low and my weapon is weak too but do 300-400 extra dex + a nice weapon will bring me to the 100k dps club??
or should i invest on some as gear ( witching hour, tal chest, inna pant, lacuni....)

ps: my second ring is on my stash 150 dex, 100vita , 20ish ar, 6% as and 4% cc...but it only boost me of 1000ish dps
@Hmongster

For S/B finding CD on your gear is super important. We don't have an extra weapons slot for the free 100+ CD. Also, more dex is always nice :-P
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]