Diablo® III

Sword and Board - Academy

View profile
awesome thread!

need help guys, how do i achieve the 100k dps with s&b? i got 45ish cc which i assume is good but damn i only got 50k dps...i know that my dex is kinda low and my weapon is weak too but do 300-400 extra dex + a nice weapon will bring me to the 100k dps club??
or should i invest on some as gear ( witching hour, tal chest, inna pant, lacuni....)

ps: my second ring is on my stash 150 dex, 100vita , 20ish ar, 6% as and 4% cc...but it only boost me of 1000ish dps

Getting an Inna's pants will help boost your DPS alot as well with the ias, dex and an extra crit chance plus the movement speed is a bonus.
@MrNastyTime. Get rid of those bracers and look around for a good rare set. With your unbelievable life % pool you need to bump up your base vitality. Of course use a calculator before you commit but i reckon you could gain a nice amount of life without dropping too much of anything else.
01/17/2013 02:30 PMPosted by oldman54
@MrNastyTime. Get rid of those bracers and look around for a good rare set. With your unbelievable life % pool you need to bump up your base vitality. Of course use a calculator before you commit but i reckon you could gain a nice amount of life without dropping too much of anything else.

If I have a mempo on similar to his i would have 101k hp and I only have an extra 5% life but you are right with 340 extra vitality over MrNT that gives me a bonus 39k hp.

Worth looking into MrNT.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 1/17/2013 2:52 PM PST
after i equip my main hand i should be around 150 k dps same life 73kish. But if i equip my tank set up ice climbers extra 100+ vit and tank board i should be around 85kish life only around 7-8% drop in dps.
awesome thread!

need help guys, how do i achieve the 100k dps with s&b? i got 45ish cc which i assume is good but damn i only got 50k dps...i know that my dex is kinda low and my weapon is weak too but do 300-400 extra dex + a nice weapon will bring me to the 100k dps club??
or should i invest on some as gear ( witching hour, tal chest, inna pant, lacuni....)

ps: my second ring is on my stash 150 dex, 100vita , 20ish ar, 6% as and 4% cc...but it only boost me of 1000ish dps

Getting an Inna's pants will help boost your DPS alot as well with the ias, dex and an extra crit chance plus the movement speed is a bonus.

i agree with cayzer about ur bracers but i would also suggest trying to find an ammy without average damage but 100+vit & or possibly % life on it also about 80+crit damage.

Those 2 changes should sit you close to 90k life since you already have such high life %
View profile
Are you guys reading my mind?! I have a 200m bid on some nice bracers with 160+ dex, 74 AR but just 88 vita but it'll still give me I think 2k HP and 2k more DPS and also has some strength and intel so I should be just right under 150k DPS if I win them. All the other bracers I was looking at that had 100+ vita with similar AR and dex were ridiculously overpriced so the ones that I'm bidding on we're my best bet.
View profile

i agree with cayzer about ur bracers but i would also suggest trying to find an ammy without average damage but 100+vit & or possibly % life on it also about 80+crit damage.

Those 2 changes should sit you close to 90k life since you already have such high life %

I've been looking at amulets for the past week or so as well with crit chance, crit damage, dex and vita but with the stats I'm looking I've only came across a couple but just can't afford a 500+ amulet yet just dropped 650 on my sword and 200 my shield a few days ago when I made the switch to snb.

I've been looking at amulets for the past week or so as well with crit chance, crit damage, dex and vita but with the stats I'm looking I've only came across a couple but just can't afford a 500+ amulet

Hell sometimes the right stats aren't even there at the wrong prices. I've been incredibly frustrated with this as well.
Edited by Enot#1820 on 1/17/2013 3:14 PM PST
100 mill for my ammy i bought 2 days ago. I didn't think it was that hard to find granted i wanted % life as well or 100+ vit and not just the 50vit on it but im happy.

my other survive ammy has 110 dex 10% life 40lite resis 750 loh 7% crit chance 55 % crit damage.

I have 2 gear sets for dps and survive.
View profile
Hell sometimes the right stats aren't even there at the wrong prices. I've been incredibly frustrated with this as well.

Yeah it sucks man and after all that time you end up buying something then like the next day there's something better at a better price it seems like lol.
So, iv got a monk as well, not in too much use atm. And i got this shield ages ago, suppose it would be decent for sword and boarding? It would be good if sword and board would be something for the future :)

1077 AR
28% Chance to Block
3700-4700 block amount
----------------------------------------
Dex: 142
Vit: 186
AllRes: 79
Block: 9%
CritChance: 8%
They can roll 300+ dex and 300+ vit. 10 CC is ideal.
Anyone have any suggestions for me?
To speed gear advice up, feel free to add me and I can see your playstyle and give better advice than just looking at your profile. If you just want advice based on your profile, let me know your goal (balance, DPS, etc...).
01/17/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Ghost
Anyone have any suggestions for me?

advise us what ur budget is? once you have advised us of that please advise what play stayle you would like either sword board dual hand 2 hand.

after that advise of dps goals then where you want your life & dex to be around.

with this i can start making suggestions.
I added you on d3, its easier on there
I definitely need help in gearing up my monk
us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Luffy-1946/hero/19397098

I'll try to add you tonight (PST).
Hopefully I can see you in game.
Thanks a lot.
So... is it really possible to make a good SnB for 200m?
I might try that... hopefully with some help!
View profile
After a few days of making the switch to SnB I couldn't be any happier that I did. Survivability went through the roof without sacrificing too much DPS and I just facetank most things on mp10. All the credit in the world to jco thanks for all the help man! JCO FOR PRESIDENT!! =P
Hello fellow monks.

I started a monk early this year after bored out of playing DH.

I would also like to share some s/b gearing strategy that I learned.

My philosophy is that I will start out with Chest and Pant. I feel if you decide on these first, you can pick rest of the gears a lot easier. The reason is that chest and pant are 2 pieces that can easily give the most EHP. Thus, it sort of sets a bar on how much EHP you want to obtain.

So far I see 3 variations. There is definitely more, but eventually these are what people end up with.

Inna Chest + Inna Pants (DPS)
> This is for the s/b monk that wants to focus more on the dps. This is also the most difficult and expensive to gear. Because you are sacrificing a lot of EHP by going for Inna Pants, therefore to make up, you need rest of your gears to include EHP, which can be extremely expensive and super difficult to even come across these gears. Obtaining LOH is also extremely difficult because you will be battling with losing EHP or DPS. I have yet to see any LOH amulet that have both high dps and ehp. It will be one or the other.

Inna Chest + Rare Pants (Balanced) / usually with Inna Helm for the 130 dex set bonus and Spirit Regen.
> This is for s/b monk that wants a more balanced gearing. Depending on your budget, you can probably get 1 or 2 pure DPS gears, such as rings and glove. And slowly, going for DPS and EHP gears.

Blackthorne Chest + Blackthorne Pants (EHP)
> This is for s/b monk that wants some crazy EHP. If you go for this setup, you can actually sacrifice EHP on your glove and rings, and go for pure DPS glove and rings. Because of the LOH on the pants, you are probably fine with using only a LS weapon, and have rest of your gears focus on DPS and EHP.

As you can see, by picking out the chest and pant first, you can sort of have an idea on what DPS, EHP, and LOH / LS on rest of your gears should be and starting a budget for them.
Edited by photon#1551 on 1/20/2013 1:48 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]