Diablo® III

Rubies will not provide Attack Speed.

Well the way I see it they can go two ways.

1. Existing Rubies keep their +damage stat values, Marquises get a big jump, so going from Radiant Star to Marquise is like going from +20 to +200 or something.

2. They rebalance the whole spectrum of rubies so the +damage increases evenly from chipped ruby to Marquise.

Doesn't seem pretty hard either way, although #2 seems more elegant to me.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 1/12/2013 10:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Agamemnicon
The best 80mil you spent in your whole life.

Herein lies the rub. Weapon and helm bonuses notwithstanding, didja ever wonder why the heck gem bonuses don't scale according to rarity/cost? Why shouldn't a Radiant Star's increment be at least 10-20 the primary stat? Say the increment of 4 remains until Perfect Square, which would now give you 6 to the stat. Raise the current increment by 2 at every stage. Radiant Stars would now give 100 to primary stats (if my quick math is right). That may seem like a big jump, from 58 to 100, but THEY COST 20 MILLION GOLD. That's the least they could do.

This, or something similar instead of a flat 4. I don't even bother with gems higher than stars except on my barb with flawless stars. Not worth the cost for 4 lousy stats! As for rubies, I think it will be changed from xx-xx damage to IAS with each level adding 1% more, just like in helms 1% more life. The top tier gem could add 19% attack speed with radiant stars adding 18% more attack. For helms, it's 18% more life. This will mean rubies in level 15-35 weps will no longer be OP, guess people will start using amethysts for the insane LOH at low levels lol. Oh and rubies could be quite good for slow 2h weps while emeralds for fast 1h weps.
Reply Quote
This has been CONFIRMED by Wyatt Chang on reddit.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592581161?page=18#348

Thanks to whoever bought all my rubies tonight, though.
Reply Quote
Emeralds will still be the better gem. Unless all Rubys get a big boost. 20mil to craft and you still need to find the plans for flawless star and up. Plan drop rate is too low and cost to high to craft. Ruby will still suck
Reply Quote
The fact that this has to be explained goes to show just how much people don't understand the stats in the game :)
Reply Quote
The damage that Rubies give is affected by strength/dexterity/intelligence (if you have 2000 strength, 100 average damage would be 2000 average damage), so Rubies wouldn't need so much damage.
Reply Quote
nm confirmed by blue its flat damage.
Edited by likewater#1860 on 1/13/2013 12:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
This has been CONFIRMED by Wyatt Chang on reddit.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592581161?page=18#348

Thanks to whoever bought all my rubies tonight, though.

And I called it since the patch preview came out too lol.
Reply Quote
I can just see several DH's using both emerald and new ruby in their manti's. I even wondering if two of those rubies will even be better than two perfect radiant emeralds. $20 million + 3 perfect radiant gems seems like a steep price. Of course, I am going to wait until I see a video, or read thoroughly through the patch notes before trying myself.
Reply Quote
Ruby will just add more dmg, it has been confirmed.

Untill we see the numbers i believe that emeralds will be a better choice. But i guess that dual wielding specs could be viable with rubies.
Reply Quote
It's a start. Crit /Crit damage should never have been the "king" stats to begin with.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 05:21 AMPosted by Rhyas9
It's a start. Crit /Crit damage should never have been the "king" stats to begin with.

I would not be surprised to see a nerf to crit damage in a future patch, along with monster HP so those with crit gear still kill as fast but won't need as much crit due to lower monster HP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]