Diablo® III

Suggestions for WD Skills 1.0.2

View profile
i know this has been said before but.... buff locusts!!!

make it act like sweeping wind:cyclone - more crits bigger swarm with a resetting cooldown - imagine a swirling poisonous cloud of death (could be limited to pickup radius) + a new cerknife that adds xx% to poison damage.

omg i just wet my pants :P

Lol I like it, casting Locusts that circle the witch doctor damaging nearby enemies. It fits into the Cloud of Locusts rune.
Edited by JangBahadur#1968 on 4/5/2013 2:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
^^ give us a rune like that plzzzz
Reply Quote
It won't be a bad idea to have a mana regeneration rune for Hex.
Reply Quote
04/05/2013 02:29 PMPosted by JangBahadur
This way if you want to maximize the damage, you can stand at melee distance

This is currently possible with frogs.

It is still hard to get all 3 to hit even standing that close because the 3 frogs come out at different angle. If the monster is smaller size or if the monster is even moving a bit, the 3 frogs won't hit.

It is possible for 3 frogs to hit the same target if the position is absolutely right but chances are, many frogs are still "wasted".

I've tried 3-frog build several times and it doesn't matter how close I stand, some frogs are always wasted and that's me standing face to face against the monster.
Reply Quote
I would say that the pet passives should be made much better.

Pets survive fine, even in high mps, why waste slots to increase their survivability when its not really needed. I would say to just mash fierce loyalty and zombie handler together, and make another pet passive to take fierce loyalties spot.

Then if you look at some of the WD class specific items there are a few that feel very weak.

The Gidbin summons tiny fetishes that compete for slots with fetish synchophants, when to me it seems like it should probably just give you fetish synchophant fetishes, and increase the max number of fetishes.

Firebomb SoJ reduces the cost of firebomb to 2 mana from 10 mana, which doesn't really do much, since you can already cast it forever even without a zuni set. I'm not sure if there would be some way to make it fire faster or something with a reduced casting cost, but i'm kinda curious what they were trying to do with that SOJ.
Reply Quote

The Gidbin summons tiny fetishes that compete for slots with fetish synchophants, when to me it seems like it should probably just give you fetish synchophant fetishes, and increase the max number of fetishes.

Yes!!! What they should have done for Gidbin is to increase Fetish Sycophants % from 5% to maybe 7-10%. Proc that weak Fetish is so pointless.

If they can't make a Legendary with Magical Property that improves a Tactic (it has to be a Skill), then the most logical choice is to reduce Fetish Army cool-down by a great amount from 120s to 90s.

And I agree that there should have been more Passives that increase pet damage. We have enough survival for now.

My brother was fooling around with my WD and he tried Fetish Army. He cannot believe how bad it is.... 5 pets that deal almost no damage.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 4/8/2013 1:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes!!! What they should have done for Gidbin is to increase Fetish Sycophants % from 5% to maybe 7-10%. Proc that weak Fetish is so pointless.

try firebats: plague bats (and fire in short bursts like 1-2sec long).. I also thought that these buggers do not spawn - until somebody cast a mantra and all the dark invisible critters got their white aura. there were 8 of them after just a short fight. they spawn like crazy

they dont do measurable damage tho :/

to the point - there is something messed up with rates Fetishes spawn, it seems that channeling skills like bats spawn them like crazy while frogs.. well.. not
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 11:19 PMPosted by sidtherat

try firebats: plague bats (and fire in short bursts like 1-2sec long).. I also thought that these buggers do not spawn - until somebody cast a mantra and all the dark invisible critters got their white aura. there were 8 of them after just a short fight. they spawn like crazy

they dont do measurable damage tho :/

to the point - there is something messed up with rates Fetishes spawn, it seems that channeling skills like bats spawn them like crazy while frogs.. well.. not

Yes, I have a build I played with when I am bored with SB.

It's Firebats + Fetish. Channel spells proc Fetish more often because the game checks twice per volley.

But honestly, even with 10 Fetish Daggers following me, I don't feel they are doing much besides adding visual gratification when I am bored or need "LOL" from my teammates.
Reply Quote
I saw sort of idea thrown around:
My favorite recent idea is the zombie charger exploding dogs rune (Exploding Beast).
First make it three dogs per cast. Remember, they don't pierce, they just explode for AoE damage. So it's different from bears.
Second, it benefits somehow from having pet related passives and/or summon zombie dogs.
For instance, circle of life, every time you kill an enemy with this, it has an extra chance to summon a dog, or hell, would it be broken if it had a small chance with every cast, similar to fetish sycophants?

Every skill needs a more detailed tool tip, where such mechanics could be discussed.
Reply Quote
I saw sort of idea thrown around:
My favorite recent idea is the zombie charger exploding dogs rune (Exploding Beast).
First make it three dogs per cast. Remember, they don't pierce, they just explode for AoE damage. So it's different from bears.
Second, it benefits somehow from having pet related passives and/or summon zombie dogs.
For instance, circle of life, every time you kill an enemy with this, it has an extra chance to summon a dog, or hell, would it be broken if it had a small chance with every cast, similar to fetish sycophants?

Every skill needs a more detailed tool tip, where such mechanics could be discussed.

One of my Exploding Beast's ideas is similar to yours. You cast 3 dogs that "semi-home" the targets and explode. Originally, I want the 3 Dogs to act a bit more like Arcane Orbit (when is the last time you saw this rune? LOL) with 3 dogs following you and attacking nearby enemies.

Circle of Life having synergy with Exploding Beast would be fun! It would give me more reason to try CoL.
Reply Quote
Grasp of the Dead

I've been playing Wizard a lot more lately and I am completely amazed by how good Blizzard is in comparison to Grasp.

Blizzard has HUGE radius, snare and does decent aoe damage and can rune for Freeze chance and the new Blizzard does not over-write the first (with Grasp it is impossible to cast two without Grave Injustice and even if you can cast two, the damage isn't going to blow you away).

I used to use Grasp a lot with my Well of Souls build (back in 1.04) and that's because I couldn't afford the mana cost of Acid Cloud but once you have enough mana (thanks to Rush of Essence), I feel Grasp just isn't offering enough.

To me, when I see Grasping Hands.. I see Immobilize. I think all versions of Grasp need to have a chance to Immb. This shall be the best "keep away" skill and Snare + Immb will be awesome.

I suggest:
When enemies standing within the radius, there is a 20% chance that they get Immb for 3s. Something like this!

If making it a "chance" is too hard to do, then make it easy.
Monsters are Immobilized for 2s as soon as they are within the effective AoE radius. - This way for Fast runners, they at least stand inside for 2s before they get out of that small radius.

What do you think?

For a Bear build that likes to run in, I would think a good way to keep monsters within your Bear range is to run in, cast Grasp to immb them for at least 2s and then spam the hell of your Bears?
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 4/11/2013 2:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Doesn't this thread deserve to be a sticky?
Reply Quote
The current WD needs either more lifeleech or manareg. Or both.
Reply Quote
04/12/2013 03:30 AMPosted by Gooze
Doesn't this thread deserve to be a sticky?

They never sticky anything and it's annoying!
Reply Quote
1. Toad of Hugeness: please make this workable on elite packs. It will look more fun if we can use this big toad as a cc skill to one of the elite pack. And please improve the damage too.

2. Zombie charger (except bears): is it possible to make the chargers have the same range as the bears, or at least make them at least 5 zombies? a single zombie charging seems to have a very small radius and range.

3. Poison dart, flaming dart: please increase the damage to at least 190%

4. Toad Affinity: please replace this skill entirely since the 0 mana cost is laughable. Some suggestions include: Frost toads (can slow movement), electric toads (sometimes burst electric charge to enemies), burrowing toads (can travel long distances under the ground)

5. Spider Queen: please make this move faster

6. Plague Bats: please improve the tooltip on what it meant by increase damage over time up to 270%

7. Rain of Corpses: Can't we do rain similar to what Azmodan's skill (e.g. more corpses?) -- then remove the slowing field entirely.

8. Angry Chicken: please revamp this. It was amusing at first, but very risky. Who wants his WD to run as a chicken? Unless the chicken can run unnoticed by the enemies, it will be a nice alternative to Spirit Walk

9. Wrathful protector: 110% weapon damage for 15 seconds? seriously? Please increase it to 300% if the gargantuan only lasts 15 seconds (this way, we can perhaps have 0garg build also)

10. Corpse spiders: please allow them to attack the sin heart.

11. Zombie Dogs, Life Link: please make indicator when the dogs take some of my damage (similar perhaps to the animation from elites with life link?)

12. Bad Medicine: If possible, please show some indicator that the enemies were affected by this

13. Fetish Syncophants: Please add some status indicators on how many fetishes are there
Reply Quote
I am thinking of a new skill: Curse (25 seconds cooldown)

Curse (no rune) - reduces damage of enemies by 15% for 20 seconds, 15 yard radius.

Curse: Enfeeble - reduces damage of enemies by 30% for 20 seconds

Curse: Weakness - reduces damage of single target by 80% for 10 seconds

Curse: Blight - reduces damage of enemies by 15% and deals 100% weapon damage over 20 seconds

Curse: Sea of Blood - reduces damage of enemies by 15% and returns 20% of maximum life over 20 seconds

Curse: Doom - reduces damage of enemies by 15% and whenever enemies get killed while cursed reanimates to serve the caster's bidding (deals 20% weapon damage) for 20 seconds.
Reply Quote
This is an awesome thread!The ideas of the OP are great.I was playing on the new ptr for the new patch and we need some of these adjustments for the W/D to be known on the battlefield.With the monster density changes we are going to need alot of these changes.Lets make some positive noise and let them no about these changes that should be done.
Edited by Dreamdigital#1769 on 4/13/2013 8:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think another build type that I would like to see would be the "Fire doctor", using some combintaion of firebats, fire dart, firebomb, fire dogs and a maximus or something.

The firebomb SoJ seems very odd to me, since it reduces firebomb mana by up to 8, and it would be very easy to get it to 0 with a 2p set.

I have a feeling that the original intent was to get your APS up to some stupid high number before the IAS nerf and just be a flame throwing monster, but now the the skill and the mana reduction seem pretty pointless. Maybe double the attack speed of firebomb, and adjust the damage in some way?
Reply Quote
View profile
03/25/2013 11:58 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
It would be great if they change bbv to be centered on your character instead of a static spot on the ground. Could even get a cool animation where the fetish that are bbv sit on your shoulders or something like that. For such a long cool down it is such a waste to have it be effective in only one area and the movement speed buff it gives is completely useless as is.

Chuck, I've changed my mind, I completely agree with this now. A BBV that follows you would be so much more useful. It would enable it so that it reaches its full potential. No more worrying about monsters running away or asking teammates to step in.

What if Ghost Trance made everyone in the ritual immune to cc effects?

--

Great ideas for Zombie Charger MCP and Jibikao.

--

Jibikao, Wouldn't Wizards need more cc due to the lack of meatshields? Plus Blizzard is a costly spell that does not overlap. I think we ought to leave immolizing effects to powerful skills similar to the Blizzard 80% is good enough for GotD. I think WoZ can have immobilize as one of the runes. It will greatly benefit from it. GotD not so much. What I think would be awesome is if GotD was part of Tribal Rites, so it could be cast more often.

Have you seen the upcoming changes to Firebats? It looks like they are taking this skill in the right direction. They are gona buff damage and increase the initial cost to 220 mana and lower the channel cost to 66 mana. This is good in itself but also great for a fetish build. More fetishes = more distraction = longer Fire bat cast duration = more DPS (even when solo) = happy WDs :)

--

Chris, originally Firebomb was designed to be a costly, high damage spell. They later redesigned it as a primary. I think the "reduction in mana cost" are the fossilized remains of the old design.

It also seems like Acid Cloud Crit Chance increase and Zombie Bear Cost Reduction were supposed to be reversed. Higher crit chance for Bears and lower cost of AC is how I see it. Because the cost reduction helps AC more than Bears. And CHC benefits Bears more than AC.

I haven't played the fire build much but with the upcoming changes to Firebats, I think Fire builds will become more viable.
--

Looks like we have quite a bit of material stacked up here for another update, thanks to everyone who pitched in their ideas especially Jibikao. Get ready for more critiques!
Edited by JangBahadur#1968 on 4/14/2013 5:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
13. Fetish Syncophants: Please add some status indicators on how many fetishes are there

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I love this passive, but not knowing how many I have built up is annoying. There should be a fetish portait with a number next to your portrait (like summoned dogs or garg) or at least a tooltip icon with a number.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]