Diablo® III

Suggestions for WD Skills 1.0.2

View profile

Yeah Gidbinn is a piece of trash. They need to fix it, add a random affix or two. Same with Last Breath.

I love my Gidbinn :D It hits fast and got mf on it so i can max it for my runs at low PM4 (one day i'll be abble to remove my crappy mf zunni armor to fly to PM5 :p)

04/18/2013 10:45 AMPosted by MCP
Sunkeeper is way better than Gidbinn for MF.

I found a Gidbinn back in the day, was like this is awesome! Then I found a Sunkeeper... :(
lol

Come on Blizz, we need a patch for us alone lol

YES!

Yo Jibikao,
@Hungry Bats
I was thinking the non-runed Firebats has an amazing VFx ( and Vampire Bats' VFx is the worst). But this awesome effect never appears again in any of the runed versions. I was thinking what if Hungry Bats could function as non-runed bats combined with what Hungry Bats is now. So as you channel waves and waves of bats, you release hungry bats which attack nearby enemies. You do 385% damage and release Hungry bats that attack single targets for 350% weapon damage or less.

@MCP's Exploding dog
I think if anything Exploding Dogs need to be spash damage. I do like MCP's idea of there being three dogs but I don't like that they home in on one target. Leave that to Spirit Barrage. In D3 AoE skills triumph over single target. I'd rather exploding dogs have some AoE explosion radius and burn effect, and go in a straight line in front of you.
Edited by JangBahadur#1968 on 4/18/2013 11:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Disagree for Sunkeeper vs Gidbinn : SK is slow (1.2), don't give any boost to max mana, don't have black damage (same problem as gidbinn for acid/Rot play) and the mf boost is not great enough you can use only SK and not 2 pieces of gear for maxing mf. It's surely great for bears but if you play cloud/Rot (or firebomb), Gidbinn is better imo.

Not to say that i dropped a nice Gidbinn and not a nice SK, but that is totally out of the subject :D
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568381685
Reply Quote
This thread really needs a sticky until all the problems are solved by the devs....
Reply Quote
I hate that any buffs to our class will come in the form of new legendaries instead of fixing useless runes. If witch doctor had some skills that procced mana on crit instead of mana on kill we would be able to deal sustained damage in high mps and survive due to having enough resists and dps on top of lifesteal. Lifesteal is broken when you have no mana and sitting there walled in with arcane beams/lava under your feet is a !@#$ty way to break up the game experience and totally removes the "fun" from playing a class that vomits bears out of its chest and pisses spiders.
Reply Quote
View profile
ZeMickey you are back!! <3

Super Flu see my newest thread in teh general discussions about that: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8690579450
Life steal options should be opened up on other items somehow. RD in the game still triumphs any amount of LS or Loh etc you can get. By RD I mean not just eltie Rd but also Siegebreaker.

PS WD does not vomit bears out of his chest, he raises dead ones from the ground.
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 07:21 AMPosted by JangBahadur
RD in the game still triumphs any amount of LS or Loh etc you can get.

I have to disagree with the LoH part ;) I can withstand reflect with my LoH, even while sending bears or sacrificing my dogs. Well being able to spam acid cloud sure helps a lot ^^ .

ZeMickey you are back!! <3

Always been around, but never had to add anything to your enlightened comments!

Also I would like to add another bug: Hexed mob does not trigger critic based skills of the barbarian or wizard. It seems however that DH's passive does trigger.
This would need further testing on the PTR since they are supposed to have corrected the damage display on hexed pig.
Reply Quote
@ superflu

I agree.

The skills should make the game and not the equipment.

As it stands today, if you had only pet summons in the game (dogs, garg, fetish with supporting passives and thorns damage) with low to middle gear, it would be an exercise in pure frustration.

In giving only pet damage increase via legendaries (especially if has to be a good roll for damage), it will simply make another build super expensive as people try to get best rolled items like zero dog just to make it viable.

From the minute i read from blizzard their statements so far regarding pets (i.e. increasing pet damage via equipment), i hope they eventually get it and change their strategy regarding this type of playstyle.
Reply Quote

Yo Jibikao,
@Hungry Bats
I was thinking the non-runed Firebats has an amazing VFx ( and Vampire Bats' VFx is the worst). But this awesome effect never appears again in any of the runed versions. I was thinking what if Hungry Bats could function as non-runed bats combined with what Hungry Bats is now. So as you channel waves and waves of bats, you release hungry bats which attack nearby enemies. You do 385% damage and release Hungry bats that attack single targets for 350% weapon damage or less.

This is actually an awesome idea.

This will make sure the "core design" of Firebats stays (channel, cone, shorter aoe) while adding a bit more flavor to the rune.

Base 385% and each second or each "volley", 2 Bats flying out dealing 175% each. Much like Rapid Fire's Fire Support.

I am going to post your idea in PTR.

What's your idea for Direbats? Its PTR version is very very odd.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 4/23/2013 10:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Jibikao,
Exactly, there are some channel spells that already work like this. I never saw hungry bats as an explosive spell. So I thought that would be a good way to balance it.

As for Dire Bats, I reckon they can burn enemies for more damage, a burn that stacks so you are rewarded for staying in place and increasing the burn. Maybe 180% weapon damage over 3 seconds. We don't have any burn effects on our skills 'cept Dogs so I think Dire Bats and Explosive Dogs are good candidates for it.

OR up the damage on it to like a flat 460% or something.

Do post your thread here, so we can go there can support it.

ZeMickey,
Yeah LOH and AC works for RD but Bears alone?? Never worked for me.

Also I would like to add another bug: Hexed mob does not trigger critic based skills of the barbarian or wizard. It seems however that DH's passive does trigger.
This would need further testing on the PTR since they are supposed to have corrected the damage display on hexed pig.

Oh if you need me for any testing let me know.
Reply Quote

@MCP's Exploding dog
I think if anything Exploding Dogs need to be spash damage. I do like MCP's idea of there being three dogs but I don't like that they home in on one target. Leave that to Spirit Barrage. In D3 AoE skills triumph over single target. I'd rather exploding dogs have some AoE explosion radius and burn effect, and go in a straight line in front of you.

I guess I didn't make it clear.
The dog does AoE exploding damage already. It's just now there are three of them in the basic skill, rather than one. So it's different from Bears, since it does not pierce, but does similar damage.
Reply Quote
View profile
I like it.
Reply Quote
Jibikao,
Exactly, there are some channel spells that already work like this. I never saw hungry bats as an explosive spell. So I thought that would be a good way to balance it.

As for Dire Bats, I reckon they can burn enemies for more damage, a burn that stacks so you are rewarded for staying in place and increasing the burn. Maybe 180% weapon damage over 3 seconds. We don't have any burn effects on our skills 'cept Dogs so I think Dire Bats and Explosive Dogs are good candidates for it.

OR up the damage on it to like a flat 460% or something.

I posted a thread for Hungry Bats in PTR forum.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8704700542

I have two versions. One is a regular Cone non-rune version with bats flying out for more ST damage and the other one is more like Cloud of Bats (15' pbaoe) with bats flying out. Either way is going to be superior than the current version as the loss of AoE damage hurts the rune too much. And we don't want Hungry Bats to simply do a huge amount of Single Target damage because that will make Well of Souls pointless.

I like Direbats Fire DoT idea... it just needs something more.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 4/23/2013 3:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
The 120 seconds cool down for fetish army is scary, it would be cooler if they were just actual pets instead of a timed life spell. If they didn't have a timed life the long cool down would be justified.

How cool would it be to have the 4 dogs a gargantuan and the swarm of the little fetish guys as pets.
Edited by Damy#1963 on 4/24/2013 11:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 11:27 AMPosted by JangBahadur
Oh if you need me for any testing let me know.

I actually need to be able to log in the ptr T_T
But I don't think you can help me on this ;-)

Oh but we could meet on the ptr! These are the only times US and EU can mingle :D
Reply Quote
Can you guys increased angry chickens dmg to make it feel like its on par with some other skills? I love transforming and running into a mod like a kamakazie....but the dmg dealt is just so weak IMO

Just a thought
Reply Quote
Up

This thread should always be on page 1 ! :D
Reply Quote
View profile
Awesome!
Reply Quote
WD's could really use a spell that gives mana on crit so that they can replenish mana and deal constant damage properly. Its the only way I see the class live up to its potential.
Reply Quote
View profile
Superflu, See my thread "Resource on Crit is Broken"
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8690579450?page=1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]