Diablo® III

Suggestions for WD Skills 1.0.2

Wow this list is nuts if only someone made one of these posts for the DH and how broken they are compared to all other class's.
Reply Quote
Even though I like WD's playstyle with temporary pets (bears, bats, spiders), I think it's important to be able to play him like Necro with his pets doing majority of the work. The framework is already here, only small changes are necessary. WD has enough perma pets (dogs, gargy) and semi-perma pets (fetish) in place to play like a Zookeeper. The only thing missing is pet DPS and survivability. We need several ways to increase Pet dps in the game (in form of not just items but also skills) and we need teh devs to fix Fetish survivability.

One of the devs mentioned adding in a legendary WD hat that'll add Pet Damage as an attribute. Hopefully that will draw attention to Pet attributes and maybe even add a whole WD set that buffs all the pets like crazy, or at least give us something to work with.
Reply Quote
View profile
06/09/2013 12:40 AMPosted by Drunk22
Wow this list is nuts if only someone made one of these posts for the DH and how broken they are compared to all other class's.

Drunk
The Devs said that DH and WD have the ebst skill diversity in teh game. It's the other classes that need to be brought to their level. That said there are skills taht need to be tweaked for them to be useful and work towards build diversity. As I get more experience with other classes, I will probably do write-ups like these for them.

06/09/2013 10:44 AMPosted by Brock
Even though I like WD's playstyle with temporary pets (bears, bats, spiders), I think it's important to be able to play him like Necro with his pets doing majority of the work. The framework is already here, only small changes are necessary. WD has enough perma pets (dogs, gargy) and semi-perma pets (fetish) in place to play like a Zookeeper. The only thing missing is pet DPS and survivability. We need several ways to increase Pet dps in the game (in form of not just items but also skills) and we need teh devs to fix Fetish survivability.

One of the devs mentioned adding in a legendary WD hat that'll add Pet Damage as an attribute. Hopefully that will draw attention to Pet attributes and maybe even add a whole WD set that buffs all the pets like crazy, or at least give us something to work with.

Brock
Yes, definitely, either an item or two, or a whole set, something that competes with Bears and Bats, and not adds to them. That will be the tricky bit.
Reply Quote
fetish needs to be cooldown reduced or more powerful. I love pets have use them sometimes, but honestly feel like they are just for visual and doesn't do any damage at all.

Toads of hugeness also needs to be improved somehow, right now, it is useless because when it gobbles up enemies, it doesn't do any noticable damage, and just prevents me from doing damage to it for 5 seconds while it is being swallowed.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 03:32 PMPosted by Dikembe
Locust Swarm is pretty fun and I liked using it but it was hard to justify giving it a place in my build.

One idea I suggested in another thread was giving Zombie Dogs the ability to cast Locust Swarm if you have both skills.

This frees up time and mana to cast your main nuke (Zombie Charger, Spirit Barrage, Firebats, etc) while having some nice background damage over time.

this reminds me on one the early stages of diablo 3
when the witch doc casts locusts on his dogs, so they deal posion DoT

i would like to see some combination of these 2 skills again, very much
maybe like a small brother of the big locust swarm triggered by the dogs for a period of time, after you casted it on them
Reply Quote
All the non-black daggers and weapons work like -1 affix nerf for the witch doctors.

+1
Reply Quote
View profile
almost every request in the OP is exceedingly overpowered...

For example:

ABC4 Haunt

The Haunt fixes I don't feel actually fix anything, and it would be better off if haunt had a chance (or always) found a new nearby target if your target is already haunted. the main problem with the life regen or mana regen or whatever is not that it's not enough, it's that it's almost impossible not to double, triple or even 4x, 5x cast haunt on the same guy. If you could spam haunt in a direction and it would haunt multiple targets, it would fix most of the issues mentioned without making it Over Powered.

2% life per second per haunt? 1250 lps/haunt? Those numbers are both completely insane.
Edited by Fourty2DNAD3#1130 on 8/20/2013 7:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i also feel like when the haunted enemy dies; the range of the ghost to jump onto the next victim is by far not sufficient
Edited by KadaverjunkY#2876 on 8/20/2013 9:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
almost every request in the OP is exceedingly overpowered...

For example:

ABC4 Haunt

The Haunt fixes I don't feel actually fix anything, and it would be better off if haunt had a chance (or always) found a new nearby target if your target is already haunted. the main problem with the life regen or mana regen or whatever is not that it's not enough, it's that it's almost impossible not to double, triple or even 4x, 5x cast haunt on the same guy. If you could spam haunt in a direction and it would haunt multiple targets, it would fix most of the issues mentioned without making it Over Powered.

2% life per second per haunt? 1250 lps/haunt? Those numbers are both completely insane.

Fourty
There are two purpose of this thread, one is to gather all well-thought suggestions and have them available in one post. Two is to generate discussions and present that to the developers along with the suggestions. So if one person says X way is better and another says Y is better. I present both sides to the developers.

I totally love your response. Please share your thoughts on other suggestions you find OP.

08/20/2013 09:40 AMPosted by KadaverjunkY
i also feel like when the haunted enemy dies; the range of the ghost to jump onto the next victim is by far not sufficient

Kadaver have you tested to find out what the range is?
Reply Quote
08/20/2013 10:37 AMPosted by JangBahadur
Kadaver have you tested to find out what the range is?
unfortunately not, but testing this would be not very accurate i guess
from normal gameplay it seems like even within a mob-group it does not always jump to the next mob, maybe because the ghost didn't kill it? but the tooltip says when the enemy dies.. so im kinda curious how it actually works in detail
or has it something to do with another DoT spell or something like that on the specific target?
Edited by KadaverjunkY#2876 on 8/20/2013 12:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
The enemy has to die before the Haunt ends for the Haunt to find another target. The duration of Haunt does not reset faster finding a new enemy.
Reply Quote
Apologies as I just found this thread and don't have time for all 16 pages:

Gargantuan - Wrathful Protector. Isn't this rune a big problem? It doesn't do more damage like it used to during release unless I missed something. This rune makes no sense to me - why would anyone ever use this thing?
Reply Quote
@JangBahadar

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9486018808#2

Some of my thoughts.
Reply Quote
View profile
@JangBahadar

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9486018808#2

Some of my thoughts.

That's pretty long and totally awesome! Thanks for sharing. I will make good use of it!

Horrify: The concept is just a bit problematic, if you fear things, it just makes it harder to kill them. Maybe make it a reverse taunt kind of spell, where enemies do run away but not to the point where you lose sight of them and they don't come back. It's not fun chasing enemies all over the map.

i agree 100%. That Horrify's fear mechanic (and indeed all Fear in the game) needs to change. I was thinking that enemies cower instead of running away.
Edited by JangBahadur#1968 on 9/19/2013 5:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
OK first Travis replies to the thread, now this:

Soul Harvest
Languish : Reduce the movement speed of harvested enemies by 80% and attack speed by 50% for 3 seconds.
Swallow Your SoulSwallow Your Soul : Gain mana and increase maximum Mana by 5% for each enemy harvested.

Ruthless Terror : Gain 2695% Mana for every horrified enemy. [I think that's supposed to say 26.95%]

http://www.diablofans.com/

I thought they just made grammar changes lol, until I looked more closely just now. That's just wicked!! I hope they try out more of suggestions from the community, and hopefully some of these make it to the final stage. Very exciting stuff.

PS
Thanks Travis you're the best!

PSS
Also forgot about:
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_555_x1 - Corpse Spiders release a web on impact that Slows enemies by 50% for 3 seconds.

I wonder what Medusa Spiders will do now.
Edited by JangBahadur#1968 on 9/19/2013 5:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
with spider quen i could have sworn it was going to actually summon spiders rapidly that last a few seconds to attack its enemies. but no its a aoe thing that only procs ever second not every o.20 seconds like most poison skills. i would love spider queen even more if t spawned spiderlings.
Reply Quote
View profile
09/19/2013 10:53 PMPosted by DeathIIV
with spider quen i could have sworn it was going to actually summon spiders rapidly that last a few seconds to attack its enemies. but no its a aoe thing that only procs ever second not every o.20 seconds like most poison skills. i would love spider queen even more if t spawned spiderlings.

There are mini spiderlings but they were not as I expected. I agree that visually this skill would look pretty cool if she summoned small baby spiders that bite enemies.

That said I am fine with AOE. It won't change the skill much.
Reply Quote
Give us a way to move while casting bats and I will be a happy WD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]