Diablo® III

Suggestions for WD Skills 1.0.2

Spirit is Willing

The mana gain is nice but really, Spirit Barrage in general is already very spammable. I would improve this rune by making Proc Coefficient to 150%, making it even better "utility" rune so you can leech more life.

Nice on all the other points. I just wanted to point out well of souls already does 200% proc coefficient (100% on the main soul and 33% on the other three).

Spirit is Willing could be 500% and not even be a big deal. Acid rain does 240% at the center, decreasing over 24 yards and the DoT also procs. It's really good.

Think about it:
1000 LoH * 5 = 5000 LoH per attack, so about 5000 * 1.4 attacks per second or so, giving about 7000 life per second if you can stand there spamming it. That's not that much life compared to acid rain and rain of toads (max potential with two~three enemies in range).

Reflects damage would over come that no problem for higher MP.
Reply Quote
FIERCE LOYALTY
I really resent having to spend one of our 3 precious passive skill slots on just letting our pets scale properly. I'd really like to see either this passive be given to our pets passively baseline, or worst case scenario, add it's effects to Zombie Handler.

RUSH OF ESSENCE
I think this has real potential to unlock a new playstyle (spirit caster). The problem is, there is only 2 spirit damage spells to go around, and Haunt isn't terribly effective. I think I could make a very cool spirit build using this talent... but I'd need the ability to use a multiple runes of Spirit Barage - in particular a single target version (Spirit is Willing, Well of Souls, or Phlebotomize) with Phantasm for AOE to really make the build work. So maybe if they could somehow add to this talent the ability to equip Spirit Barage multiple times with different runes (will the game engine even allow for that?) I think it could have much greater promise.

BAD MEDICINE
I feel all our talents are either mana management or defensive in nature. The only offensive passive we have is Pierce the Veil. I'd like to see the defensive nature of this talent toned down, and instead make it buff the damage potential of poison skills a bit.
Reply Quote
Great post... I think the WD is a really fun Toon to play. i have notice that he has a very hard time with reflect damage. Not so much after the patch but some times. I dont like that Demonic Tremors cant be hexed :( that being said player skill can go a long way in helping this. But i think a great fix would be to lower the cool down on sprit walk that way the wd can work multi packs at the same time.
Reply Quote
JangBahadur, I think you have a lot of material to work with from the recent posts. It is now up to you to update your opening post!

I also agree with what MCP and Jibikao said (but for Rush of Essence, see below).

03/03/2013 04:31 PMPosted by OverKill
But the skill loses almost all of its effectiveness in boss encounters and even in some elite encounters.

Well, it has to have a drawback! Plus, many bosses have minions that enable the SH again.
Also again the duration of 60s of soul to waste is of big help.

03/03/2013 08:26 PMPosted by Thanatosia
I'd like to see the defensive nature of this talent toned down, and instead make it buff the damage potential of poison skills a bit.

There are many that uses this skill for ubers in order to protect the entire group. Also, you may stack bad medicine with jungle fortitude for a more tanky build. PtV is strong and has its counterpart (30% more mana needed), and you may combine it with many different buffs such as SH or GF. I don't think we need another buff, and loose another defensive passive.

03/03/2013 08:26 PMPosted by Thanatosia
and Haunt isn't terribly effective

This might change if this thread gets heard. Plus you think too much as a straight use of RoE. Combined with haunt or SB, it is a great source of mana that can be used for something else such as bears!

03/04/2013 05:51 AMPosted by Dragonslayer
But i think a great fix would be to lower the cool down on sprit walk that way the wd can work multi packs at the same time.

You've got to be kidding! Spirit walk is one of the strongest skill of the game! If you want to reduce the cooldown, equip spirit vessel!
Edited by ZeMickey#2613 on 3/4/2013 6:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
FIERCE LOYALTY
I really resent having to spend one of our 3 precious passive skill slots on just letting our pets scale properly. I'd really like to see either this passive be given to our pets passively baseline, or worst case scenario, add it's effects to Zombie Handler.

One more passive slot should help with builds
Reply Quote

Spirit is Willing

The mana gain is nice but really, Spirit Barrage in general is already very spammable. I would improve this rune by making Proc Coefficient to 150%, making it even better "utility" rune so you can leech more life.

Nice on all the other points. I just wanted to point out well of souls already does 200% proc coefficient (100% on the main soul and 33% on the other three).

Spirit is Willing could be 500% and not even be a big deal. Acid rain does 240% at the center, decreasing over 24 yards and the DoT also procs. It's really good.

Think about it:
1000 LoH * 5 = 5000 LoH per attack, so about 5000 * 1.4 attacks per second or so, giving about 7000 life per second if you can stand there spamming it. That's not that much life compared to acid rain and rain of toads (max potential with two~three enemies in range).

Reflects damage would over come that no problem for higher MP.

You are right because when all four souls hit, I think it's about 200%. This just makes WoS stand out too much because as a proc rune, WoS is superior; as damage rune, WoS is WAY BETTER and as health leeching rune WoS beats other runes because of 425% weapon VS 230%.

Maybe proc coefficient isn't the best way to improve Spirit is Willing. Maybe even more mana discount or something else more fancy.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 3/4/2013 5:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
FIERCE LOYALTY has a big problem too and mainly because Thorn damage doesn't scale well with MP. Even if you stack up to 30,000, that is really nothing past MP5 and you have to gear for it.

Thorn damage is just very bad. I think they need to make Fierce Loyalty return % back to the Attacker or simply make Fierce Loyalty increase pet's damage so a pet-heavy build can enjoy more pet damage.

Instead of just returning "melee" Physical damage, I would make Fierce Loyalty return Magical/Range damage as well to make pets more worth it in pvp.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 3/4/2013 7:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
You know... We really need a mana leech affix.
Reply Quote
I really miss playing my necromancer due to the fact that my summons can actually tank and kill whereas WD's pets can do neither in higher MP levels.

Pets should receive a HUGE buff in tankyness and damage capability. WD's can then just cast behind the tanks and remove mana problems.

Right now, there are only 2 builds being used in high MP levesls:
1.) Zombie Bears build (we're a caster class for cryin' out loud! Why is our highest damaging attack in melee range?!?!?)
2.) Sacrifice build.

C'mon blizz! Where's all this talk about build diversity?
Reply Quote
Spirit Barrage/Phantasm

I just want to know whats up with this skill/rune. Becouse it do's not even feel fair.

But mybe that's becouse I also have a Wizard.

But here is my main beef with Phantasm is that I can only have 3 out at one time only 3 if you cast a 4th the 1st is removed. WTF?

But my Wizard can fill up a hole screen with WW?

Some how that just do's not feel very fair to me.

And we cant even freez stuff in place but it's nice if I used my mana to cast one and they move and I keep casting more that if when they or another mob run's into one of the old ones.

The first and biggest thing they need to do for this rune is remove the limit on the number you can have running at one time.
Edited by Umbra#1460 on 3/7/2013 3:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
Spirit Barrage/Phantasm
I just want to know whats up with this skill/rune. Becouse it do's not even feel fair.

Yes, Phantasm has a big problem if you compare to Wicked Wind.

Now, I do not want Phantasm to be another version of Wicked Wind. I don't mind capping at 3 but it needs to be better. Much bigger radius or comes with debuffs or buffs if you stand in them. Just something that makes Phantasm more competitive.

The current version is pretty terrible. 45% weapon damage per second is a joke. 135% for 3 of them is okay but you have to make sure the monsters stand within the radius. For 135%, I would say just use Swarm for much easier aoe that spreads so fast or cast Acid Cloud every once a while.
Reply Quote
No mention of Locust Swarm? I think that's one of the coolest spells we have, but also one of the weakest. It will do the job eventually, it just takes forever, and this is on MP0. Forget elite mobs, you will be running in circles forever waiting for them to do their damage. I know the spell isn't meant to be a one shot kill spell, but even at MP0 it's way to weak.
Reply Quote
Hi everyone!

I just recently switch to a WD from a Barb and I would like to add my two cents into this thread because I have noticed some things that are a off with the WD.

1. I feel as tho the pets don't do enough damage and die a bit to quick in high MPs.
- Maybe we could some how scale them in certain MPs?
- Also the passives for Pets are dismal. Could we try maybe combing zombie handler and fierce loyalty? The combinations would allow for the our regen to keep our pets up and increase their survivability. This combination would also open up a slot for another pet passive that could make a pet build more attractive. Maybe a passive like PtV but for pets???
- Overall I believe there is a problem with pets and I am disgusted that the only viable way to use pets in a high MP is 0dogs.

2. I have seen a lot of complaints about our dots and I have taken some time to look at them.
- I love the idea behind Locus swarm. I think it is a great dot. It lacks power and range. Before people blow up about that I would like to think its rage is that way for a reason. As we know right now the builds that are reliable in high MPs are both melee oriented. Im not opposed to the Idea of a dot being in a melee range but what I have a problem with is its over all power. I think that if a class that is primarily range sacrifices its only advantage (range) then the damage on the spell should be increased.
- Over all If we are force to come into melee range I think the damage on spells that require that should be increased. A prefect example is Zombie Bears. It is a fine melee ranged spell with something like 708% damage.

-Haunt- I really like this spell for one reason, its range. It seems a little under power but just a little tiny bit. Once again this is a spell that feels like it needs something in front of you to use effectively, like a wall of sturdy pets maybe? But besides that the only problem I can think of is that this spell is stupid. It would be nice to be able to throw haunt into a mob and have it jump around like locus swarm but lets get real we are in our happy place and that is far away from our target. Could we maybe make this spell smart? like to be able to hold down shift and throw this into a huge crowd and not have haunt hit a target that is all ready haunted?
-I think our dots need a little bit of work but nothing to extreme. they just need some love and maybe that love could come in the forum of IAS? maybe more ticks with more IAS? or maybe the ability to stack it on boss and elite's?

3. Im gona target a fav spell of mine and that is Acid Cloud.
- I like the spell but the runes need some love.
- Lets look at Kiss of death. Yet again It is a spell that makes us lose out only safety and come into melee range and it should have its damage increased.
- course bomb is another one I think could use some help. We are sacking our Dot on this spell for its pure damage maybe an increase would be nice or its ranged increased but not as big as acid rain. Or maybe have the 230% dmg and add another 100% in the form of a dot for 2-3 seconds?
- Over all this is another spell that could benefit from IAS or some sort of stacking effect. Or maybe the overhaul of one or two runes.

just a quick recap.
-better pets
-Better scaling of Dots and maybe the ability to work with IAS or the Ability to stack.
-maybe fix some runs in acid rain?

These are just problems I have seen with the spells I have been using. I cant see any problem with Zombie walls just its CD is long. SB is fine, ZC is fine. I don't think that WD should be pigeon hold into two build that succeed at a High MP that require us to be in melee with monster. That is not build diversity.
Edited by Spaznaut#1767 on 3/8/2013 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 05:38 PMPosted by Ravenlock
No mention of Locust Swarm?

Of course there was!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593582072?page=5#85

@Spatznaut : I agree with you and exposed similar fixes in my post s:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593582072?page=5#90
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593582072?page=5#93

Come on JangBahadur ! Update your opening post!!
Reply Quote
Some awesome suggestions here guys! I will definitely update once I get some time to mull them over, and test out those skills.
Reply Quote
Jang my good buddy ZeMicky told me to check this out so I am, also I'm sure I saw it like a month after it was posted due to Travis.

I created a similar post about a week after this one was made and a lot of the things you mention are almost mirrors of what I was saying, this has to mean either great minds think a like or that the changes are quite obvious.

I will be updating the thread over on the EU side which likely wont get any attention from a Dev but you know at least this thread has :)

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6494359418?page=1

It's lengthy and it's boring and I ramble a lot, however so long as we gain something for the class from all this then we have done something worthwhile.

Good post.
Reply Quote
Right now, DoT is too weak in PvE but very good in PvP.

Last night I was testing pvp with a friend and one cast of critical Resentful killed me!! lol

Non-critical does like 4000x4 but critical does 18500x4. WTF??? Yeah, he is using Skorn but damn, it feels like DoT damage isn't reduced in pvp at all.

Regardless, this game is PvE first and then PvP so they do need to make DoT much better. I use Swarm mainly for mana return. Damage is poor, kind of slow but it jumps really far.
Reply Quote
Need... Update... On... Opening... Post... X-D
Reply Quote
Guys click thumb up on the OP post to get more exposure.
Reply Quote
My pets are retarded. I'd like to see smarter pets in 1.08. They runoff and attack a white mob 100 yards away from me when an elite is aggressively pursuing me. The gargantuan may be a giant meat head but he knows when master is in trouble and he should stick by me and attack the closest enemy to me. Same with the dogs, attack what is closest to me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]