Diablo® III

Suggestions for WD Skills 1.0.2

ZeMickey,
Ok that sounds correct but LBB do not tank.

LBB can "block" enemies' path. In a tight corner, it is possible to summon 3 LBB and have them block the path a bit.

Slow Burn has larger radius but can't move and can DoT several targets.

LBB moves and homes a bit but only single target.

Both are about the same if you are fighting a large boss that doesn't move much. Personally, I prefer Slow Burn.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 3/22/2013 9:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Jangbahadur & Zemickey :
I let you look at my post in page 7 (last of the page) to see how i think Haunt & Locust could be improved without stacking.

One thing i just forgot for both (even if it is implied by a rune of Locust) : the proc should be calculated each tick and not only for the initial cast.

For Acid Cloud :
Generality :
Acid Cloud should stay an effective way to gain life and "cast" proc chance (if only Blizz would be glad enough to allow us to have a bit more of "chance to"...). But this should come at the cost of direct damage so that others skills like bears are not undervalued.
So each rune (and basic skill) should have the same (and high) proc ratio and a larger part of the damage being done by Dot.

Kiss of death :
I see this rune as a trade of safety for damage. In that view, the direct damage should be significantly higher than others rune (at least 50% higher => 170%/225% in 3 sec), the width be doubled or even tripled so it can touch a large area.
Imagine what could be done with frogs, locust and kiss of death... :p

Corpse bomb :
This is the only way to change Acid cloud to a direct damage skill. Like if it trades part of dot damage for direct damage. I would remove this "trade" and just add both damage, making it deal 265% damage.
I would up the ratio too, to make it a direct damage but high proc skill. Maybe it's too much but i find the radius small enough not to be a danger for bears or sb.
Reply Quote

1) When haunt jumps to another target the skill duration must be reseted. In the beggining it lasted for 12 seconds, but now it only remain for 6 seconds, so it must be refreshed when it jumps to make this feature usefull

I have suggested this numerous time on PTR.

It's funny because I thought Haunt "refreshes" duration on the new target. I thought this was the case because the old timer is 12s (most battles don't last 12s long on minions) and combo the fact that Haunt's graphic is really "weak", it is hard to tell if the duration is refreshed on the new target or not.

With 6s, it is much easier to tell and it sucks. I thought Haunt and Swarm worked the same way.

I think for Haunt to work better in PvE, the "new jump" needs to do more damage. It fits the theme! The first Haunted gets killed, the spirit Consumes its soul and gets Stronger so the next target suffers Greater damage.

I would do something like: 575%, then 862% (50% stronger) and then 1150% (doubled) and capped at 1150%. (I would even go so far as to improve the graphic/animation. Give us a real Ghost icon or make the "DOTS" bigger on each new jump.)

862% over 6s is still not a lot but the idea is for Haunt to cause "cascading effect" as an "AoE" supplement to enhance that "Consume" and "Jump" feeling.

And the cascading effect shouldn't have major effect in PvP.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 3/22/2013 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Neurf check out the opening post.

Jibikao that is also an interesting idea, Haunt getting stronger from killing.
Edited by JangBahadur#1968 on 3/22/2013 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Jibikao that is also an interesting idea, Haunt getting stronger from killing.

Yes, it fits the "Ghost" theme.. Ghost eats the spirit of the dead and gets stronger. The theme fits and it helps Haunt as a small AoE supplement, while not ruining the current balance of PvP single target.

I would even go crazy to add "Fear" effect on the 3rd jump. LOL Or having 25% chance to cause Fear for 3s on each new jump.

So there you have an utility, control and damage in Haunt.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 3/22/2013 9:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Jangbahadur :
Seen. Thank you for all the work :)
And sorry to play child :D
Reply Quote
And I still think there should be a Tactic that has synergy with Fire damage.

Which one should it be and why? Let's come up some good ones.

I'll nominate Tribal Rites because I think Shaman and Flame/Fire go very well together and I still need more reason to use Tribal Rites.

Tribal Rites also increases Fire damage runes by 20%. Kind of boring eh? lol

A fantasy one would be for Fetish Sycophants.

The type of Fetish you summon is based on your Damage Type:
Poison proc Head Hunter
Fire proc Tiki
Physical/Arcane proc Dagger
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 3/22/2013 4:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Jangbahadur & Zemickey :
I let you look at my post in page 7

I did see it. Since I did not criticized, it means I find it interesting ;)
Nevertheless, I am more for the stackable option.... So it will be up to devs to decide.

03/22/2013 04:08 PMPosted by Jibikao
I still need more reason to use Tribal Rites.

You have to be kidding. It nets you a perma Hex, allows for C4Dogs (zero dogs) builds, and is a really good utility passive for mass confusion and so on. Don't say this is not a good passive!
Reply Quote

You have to be kidding. It nets you a perma Hex, allows for C4Dogs (zero dogs) builds, and is a really good utility passive for mass confusion and so on. Don't say this is not a good passive!

You are right. I can never afford a zerocooldown Dog so I don't even think about it.

Not a big fan of Hex in PvE only against Uber.

Mass confusion is okay.. because if it is for farming, players would have used Grave Injustice which I think should be good enough.
Reply Quote
View profile
Jibikao
I think what could also work is Haunt is when you kill an enemy their soul now Haunts another target, the soul released from the killed monster and the soul you summoned both find a new target. And these cascading souls should stack! In the end if there is only one monster left and the last few souls all gang up on it.

Tribal Rites is a good passive already. I think Fire skills should just be hard hitting. Like Blazing Spiders, Exploding Toads. We suggested to make Explosive Dog better as well. BUT if having such a passive promotes fire skills then I would go with Bad Medicine as the place to have that.

Whenever you deal Poison damage to an enemy, their damage is reduced by 20% for 3 seconds.
Whenever you deal Fire damage to an enemy, they take 20% more damage for 1 second.

But like I said Fire skills should just hit hard in the first place.

You are right. I can never afford a zerocooldown Dog so I don't even think about it.

Oh man D0gtor is wicked! I love it sooo expensive though.

I've been thinking about Bats how they are are tough to balance because they cost so little. I mean I can spam Bats quite easily (very easily compared to Bears and AC) and devote my other skills to defense or damage but of course they do lower damage. Bats and sycophants make a great team though so if they fix Sycophants, Bats would make a come back I think.

I'd probably play this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#acUVQP!WVh!YbacaZ Fierce Loyalty instead of Pierce the Veil if they fix thorns.

Man I can't wait for the next few patches!!
Edited by JangBahadur#1968 on 3/22/2013 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There's some good juju in here.
Reply Quote
View profile
what if the spider queen pooped out pools of sticky web like the spiders in act1? causing slowing puddles all over the place?
Reply Quote
Ya if sycophants got fixed I would be all over it again.

I love the combo.

Sadly I have moved on. :/
Reply Quote
I think part of our resource problem comes from primary's that consume to much mana for mediocre damage. A fix could either be significantly increase our primary attacks damage or halve all their mana costs. Every other class has primaries that consume zero resource, some actually produce resource while WD is the only class that has to consume resource to cast the mediocre attacks.
Reply Quote
This following suggestion likely comes with a bit of bias as a 0cd pile on witch doctor, but I hope it still seems reasoned.

Toad of Hugeness
Targeting: Have the toad lick the monster you click on if you target one
- This would be useful for focusing those annoying casters that keep resurrecting/buffing other monsters

Elites interaction: Allow the toad to pull (not swallow) elites that are not immune movement spells
- This could get elites against a wall, ideal for a pile on doc. Might be useful to contain monsters that like to run in other builds

Duration: Remove the cooldown, extend the duration of the toad to 15 seconds (same as the spider queen)
- Freedom to reposition the toad on the fly Is crucial in adapting to the battlefield, and this would also provide another option for keeping up vision quest for extended periods

Attack rate: Allow the toad to continue licking monsters at regular intervals, 2-3 seconds. If it's already swallowed one, it'll just pull whatever monster it licks next to it. If it's killed a previous monster, it'll swallow a new one
- This final adjustment would turn the toad into a reliable zone control tool, you could focus your efforts on where the toad is if you wanted to rather than chasing monsters all over the place

While toad of hugeness is a quirky skill, it doesn't seem to have a home in any build. Something like what I've covered above could at least give it a home in an already quirky build.
Reply Quote
03/23/2013 01:56 PMPosted by OverKill
Every other class has primaries that consume zero resource

Well... Yes, but we have a built in regen of 45 mana/sec, whereas (for example) barbs don't have any. So that is why they have 0 cost skills.

@Surijak: interesting, even if I'd still prefer the toad swallowing the same targets that can be hexed.
Reply Quote
03/24/2013 06:24 AMPosted by ZeMickey
Well... Yes, but we have a built in regen of 45 mana/sec, whereas (for example) barbs don't have any. So that is why they have 0 cost skills.

The wizard has the fastest resource of all and also free primaries.
Reply Quote
The witch doctor is hands down the most boring class to play (although not far behind DH.) There isnt really many builds that "click" and feel rewarding and awesome to play. I think this is largely because of a lack of skill synergy unlike the Barb, Wizzy, and Monk classes. I belive this is largely due to the fact that its impossible to do concurrent damage with two or more skills unlike barb, monk, and wizard.
Reply Quote
Jibikao
I think what could also work is Haunt is when you kill an enemy their soul now Haunts another target, the soul released from the killed monster and the soul you summoned both find a new target. And these cascading souls should stack! In the end if there is only one monster left and the last few souls all gang up on it.

I've been thinking about Bats how they are are tough to balance because they cost so little. I mean I can spam Bats quite easily (very easily compared to Bears and AC) and devote my other skills to defense or damage but of course they do lower damage. Bats and sycophants make a great team though so if they fix Sycophants, Bats would make a come back I think.

I see. So your idea that each new Haunt fights on its own and is treated as a separate entity for 10s. Much like "Lingering Spirit" for all runes and can stack on the same target for 10s. That's cool too.

I think Bats need help. They are just very very average. They are not terrible but not awesome either. They don't have the best aoe damage (Bear and Acid Clouds are better). Their ST damage is way worse than close-range Bear or WoS... while they don't cost as much mana, it still costs 98 and you do need to manage it. I have two items with -firebats and over 80 natural regen and Firebats' damage and mana cost still feel weak to me.

I mainly take Firebats to proc Fetish. Now, if Fetish were a lot better, than I would not complain because I think the theme fits!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]