Diablo® III

Aggressive PvP Builds

Can someone post some aggressive pvp builds for the wizard? I don't find the lame turtling builds fun one bit. (being an UMvC3 player lol) I need to rush that !@#$ down, get in people's faces and body them free. Unfortunately I have another 7-8 hours before I get home so if anyone's experimenting with aggressive builds, can you post them here? Thanks a ton.
Edited by nitrocan#1478 on 1/16/2013 11:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
good to see u posting again nitro, welcome back
problem with the aggressive builds so far is that its hard for wizards to break cc other than mirror image (illusionist doesnt trigger it enough), if u can come up with a way to break cc effects multiple times u could become rich
Reply Quote
wait what was that about chris G winning apex with morrigan?

definitely no turtling in marvel
Reply Quote
wait what was that about chris G winning apex with morrigan?

definitely no turtling in marvel

At least he uses Sakura in AE lol. Morrigan gaining meter during astral vision and doom's missiles not disappearing is utter BS. The real spirit of marvel resides in Yipes! It's mahvel baby! :D It's never boring to watch him or hear him commentate.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sI2RiuZ_Qk

Now I need that sort of an offense lol.
Reply Quote
it's true, yipes is mahvel
Reply Quote
The most aggressive is teleport + arcane destruction of course.

Another possible build could be to buff up with arcane orbit, then calamity in and short fuse.
Reply Quote
The most aggressive is teleport + arcane destruction of course.

Another possible build could be to buff up with arcane orbit, then calamity in and short fuse.

Arcane destruction is inefficient because you can only use it once every 2 minutes. Those other skills sound pretty good. Instead of calamity I'm thinking something like teleport-safe passage on to the opponent, frost nova - bone chill, then unleash whatever you can. Not sure what can be done against WOTB or other skills that break CC.

For defense, I'm actually thinking of ditching storm armor for force armor. Don't really need storm armor unless I'm running away.

So teleport, FN and force armor are 3 active skills. No need for mirror images either. Might just use force weapon for more damage or slow time - time warp for more damage and CC.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#cQYhSO!WUh!ZacbZY

Maybe? Just a thought. Could definitely be improved.
Reply Quote
But I guess with this build, while teleport is on cooldown, runaway characters would easily kill you. Illusionist should definitely be added somewhere and maybe magic missile as well.
Reply Quote
nitro, mi is a must. besides the big ehp boost through them not even hitting you if any time u get ccd ur dead if u dont have a means of breaking it.

problem for going offensive is we dont really have a reliable big hitter, ao and at are too slow same as meteor to hit with those u need some kind of snare.

rof and dis as both can snare u need to stay in place if you want to deal considerable damage.
Reply Quote
The idea was to take someone out in an instant actually.

Arcane dynamo and wave of force could also work be worked in somehow for more instant damage spells.
Edited by Wtflag#1258 on 1/17/2013 2:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
aggressive specs can be countered hard, I thought people weren't going to be able to survive high DPS Wizard and DH, but I ran into a top ranked barb who could tank tremendous dmg, I had to switch to shocknado farming spec to lock him down and kill him, why he didn't have WOTB I don't know but his EHP was jaw-dropping
Reply Quote
you have to spec to survive exchanges, some of these duels last way longer than you think, as hard as you can spec for DPS, somebody can spec for EHP and survival, PVP is looking pretty interesting at almost all gear levels
Reply Quote

Arcane dynamo and wave of force could also work be worked in somehow for more instant damage spells.

Exactly. Are there any other offensive skills that don't take time to cast than explosive blast?
Reply Quote
Try this. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WQhdkT!hbd!ccbaZa

You can replace blades with arcane orb
Reply Quote

Exactly. Are there any other offensive skills that don't take time to cast than explosive blast?

i dont think so besides the armours or magic weapon runes. maybe u could tp in combo (hit the 2 keys at once) short fuse with wof and then finish him off with something like molten while he is stunned. problem would be hitting the molten if he has any cc breaker.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 1/17/2013 3:15 AM PST
Reply Quote

i dont think so besides the armours or magic weapon runes. maybe u could tp in combo (hit the 2 keys at once) short fuse with wof and then finish him off with something like molten while he is stunned. problem would be hitting the molten if he has any cc breaker.

Hmm this got me thinking:

-Teleport
-Frost Nova (3 seconds of freeze, %30 CC resistance to the opponent)
-In those 3 seconds, cast EB (chain reaction sounds better since they're going to be frozen for the full 3 seconds) and spam the hell out of your left click spell, whatever it might be.
-Right after the freeze wears off (need to time this right), cast WoF.
-WoF stuns for 2 seconds but because of the CC reduction, it will stun for 1.4 seconds.
-Now the enemy is far away (unless they were cornered) and teleport is on cooldown.
-If the opponent still didn't die from the WoF, not much you can do there unless you're using a ranged skill. The 1.4 second stun will probably wear off before you can run towards the opponent. Storm armor might be a good idea to still deal some damage.

Any further opinions?
Reply Quote
High dps weapon like Skorn.

Thunderstorm Rune (High enough dps it 1 shots some)
Force Weapon
Sparkflint
Magic Missile - Seeker
Crystal Shell
Mirror Image
Teleport wormhole

Just kite and let Storm Armor kill things.
Reply Quote
I played around with this build for awhile and was doing reasonably well against all character classes, even DHs with Legacy Nat's:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#adXkTS!dUh!caaZaZ

http://i.imgur.com/EPZiE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jd1UL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EBMdc.jpg (killing 2 Paragon 100 Legacy Nat users)
http://i.imgur.com/oKkQQ.jpg (win streak vs. the previous 2 and a new DH)
Reply Quote
High dps weapon like Skorn.

Thunderstorm Rune (High enough dps it 1 shots some)
Force Weapon
Sparkflint
Magic Missile - Seeker
Crystal Shell
Mirror Image
Teleport wormhole

Just kite and let Storm Armor kill things.

Well how's that aggressive at all haha.
Reply Quote

Hmm this got me thinking:

-Teleport
-Frost Nova (3 seconds of freeze, %30 CC resistance to the opponent)
-In those 3 seconds, cast EB (chain reaction sounds better since they're going to be frozen for the full 3 seconds) and spam the hell out of your left click spell, whatever it might be.
-Right after the freeze wears off (need to time this right), cast WoF.
-WoF stuns for 2 seconds but because of the CC reduction, it will stun for 1.4 seconds.
-Now the enemy is far away (unless they were cornered) and teleport is on cooldown.
-If the opponent still didn't die from the WoF, not much you can do there unless you're using a ranged skill. The 1.4 second stun will probably wear off before you can run towards the opponent. Storm armor might be a good idea to still deal some damage.

Any further opinions?

we also have to account for ap costs, were to used to sns unlimited ap.

tp: 15
fn: free
eb: 20 = 35

-30 ap reg back in fn freeze time: so if we reserve wofs 25 ap, thats 30 spent. we would have around 70-80 ap to spam during freeze and after wof.

could be something channeled, meteor, ao, etc... your choice. not much for 4 sec spamming hard hitters, could fit in a starpact before n after wof or 4 tap the source aos.

damage wise i think 4 tap the source aos would be most damage and harder to dodge specially if u add in t flux as passive.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 1/17/2013 4:48 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]