Diablo® III

Aggressive PvP Builds

Hmm this got me thinking:

-Teleport
-Frost Nova (3 seconds of freeze, %30 CC resistance to the opponent)
-In those 3 seconds, cast EB (chain reaction sounds better since they're going to be frozen for the full 3 seconds) and spam the hell out of your left click spell, whatever it might be.
-Right after the freeze wears off (need to time this right), cast WoF.
-WoF stuns for 2 seconds but because of the CC reduction, it will stun for 1.4 seconds.
-Now the enemy is far away (unless they were cornered) and teleport is on cooldown.
-If the opponent still didn't die from the WoF, not much you can do there unless you're using a ranged skill. The 1.4 second stun will probably wear off before you can run towards the opponent. Storm armor might be a good idea to still deal some damage.

Any further opinions?

we also have to account for ap costs, were to used to sns unlimited ap.

tp: 15
fn: free
eb: 20 = 35

-30 ap reg back in fn freeze time: so if we reserve wofs 25 ap, thats 30 spent. we would have around 70-80 ap to spam during freeze and after wof.

could be something channeled, meteor, ao, etc... your choice. not much for 4 sec spamming hard hitters, could fit in a starpact before n after wof or 4 tap the source aos.

Meteor sounds good actually, especially since you can cast it where they land after WoF. Spamming shouldn't be a problem with the correct gear setup, maybe even a skill that builds AP could be used.
Edited by nitrocan#1478 on 1/17/2013 4:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
i think tap the source might be better option

meteor x2 260% = %520
tap the source ao 4x 200% = %800
Edited by ximae#1789 on 1/17/2013 4:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
I need someone with massive EHP to test all this stuff on haha. Don't wanna just go dueling people without knowing what I'm doing.
Reply Quote
there is a lot of stuff i want to test too shame we dont share servers for ptr coz id be adding you up.... not that massive ehp though.

I should really create a thread so we all could hook up in ptr per region to test stuff....
Reply Quote
I thought there was no region difference for ptr.
Reply Quote

i dont think so besides the armours or magic weapon runes. maybe u could tp in combo (hit the 2 keys at once) short fuse with wof and then finish him off with something like molten while he is stunned. problem would be hitting the molten if he has any cc breaker.

Hmm this got me thinking:

-Teleport
-Frost Nova (3 seconds of freeze, %30 CC resistance to the opponent)
-In those 3 seconds, cast EB (chain reaction sounds better since they're going to be frozen for the full 3 seconds) and spam the hell out of your left click spell, whatever it might be.
-Right after the freeze wears off (need to time this right), cast WoF.
-WoF stuns for 2 seconds but because of the CC reduction, it will stun for 1.4 seconds.
-Now the enemy is far away (unless they were cornered) and teleport is on cooldown.
-If the opponent still didn't die from the WoF, not much you can do there unless you're using a ranged skill. The 1.4 second stun will probably wear off before you can run towards the opponent. Storm armor might be a good idea to still deal some damage.

Any further opinions?

With the exception of barbs, its impossible to freeze anyone cos of cc breakers.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 05:46 AMPosted by nitrocan
I thought there was no region difference for ptr.

thought so too but havent been able to add any of u us guys

edit: stupid space between the charname and code, yes its possible just sent u a request
Edited by ximae#1789 on 1/17/2013 6:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
Time warp, temp flux, desen. wormhole. Bumb rush their !@# with worm hole, time warp em and desentigrate. slows them down to nothing while you fry them.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/17/2013 7:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
tried this just now, works quite well, especially against multiple targets:

-Disintegrate - Chaos Nexus (monks cant really dodge this and its work well with Temporal Flux) very good to snare enemies from far
-Teleport - Reversal
-Mirror Image - Duplicates
-Familiar - Ancient Guardian or Diamond Skin - Mirror Skin
-Storm Armor - Thunderstorm
-Hydra - Arcane Hydra (for Runner Barbs)

-Unstable Anomaly
-Temporal Flux
-Illusionist

Hydra and Thunderstorm is actually enough to kill, but for DH or WD that goes invisible, chaos nexus will instantly homing them when they come out..
Reply Quote
nitro, tried the build you suggested and it wasnt workinrg really well, went back to pawning mm hydra sa style
Reply Quote
wow, I havent seen you on in many months nitro, welcome back!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]