Diablo® III

10 armor same as 1 ar?

I'm trying to increase my ehp on a budget and it's not easy. Based on ehp calcs 10 armor is around the same benefit as 1 ar. The difference is cost, 200 armor is a ton cheaper than 20 ar. Any difference in terms of benefits?
Reply Quote
Sorta. Only at same level are they same. so 4000 armor is same as 400 AR. But they diminish.

So like a barb running around with 7000 armor already and only like 300 AR would see way more benefit from 10 more AR than 100 more ARMOR.

Conversely, wizzies who have nautal high AR often will see more benefit from 100 more armor than 10 AR.

No brainer - you're a wiz if it's cheaper get ARMOR. Even if it's not it's better.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/4/2013 8:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
Aside from what Aimless said above, there's no difference between armor and resists. They both reduce incoming damage, so it's not like armor only mitigates one type of damage, or resist all only works against some types. They both work against all types of damage.

My line of thinking for gearing is if you can't afford much, get armor, it'll usually be cheaper than an equivalent amount of resist. Then come back to the slot when you can afford both, with 40+ resists, or just browse the AH from time to time looking for a good deal on a piece with both.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]