Diablo® III

WD in dire need of guidance...<3

Since I don't have Diablo 3 at home, I only play like 2-3 times a week in a computer shop so I haven't really gotten enough farm for both gear and gold. I currently only have 3.5mil gold and I'm having a hard time upgrading my WD. Any ideas on what the cheapest upgrade I can afford at the moment? If you have to make fun of my gear, go on right ahead. Just make sure to help me out a bit. lol. High fives all around!

PS: Both of my zunis are gifts from a friend so no, I didn't buy them.

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
Aaaaaaand if you may, tips on my skill build would be much appreciated as well. Thanks!
Reply Quote
Start with zuni boots/ring for the set bonus and Lacuni's for 24% movement. Later on when you get more money, get a witching hour. Then after that swap out Zuni head for Visage of Giyua and a zuni off hand if you are going to be an Acid Cloud user.

Speaking of that if you are later on when you get more money you can look into stun on hands and freeze on belt ( on witching hour of course) but is a long term goal. If you are also looking to keep the acid cloud build you can look into getting some more life on hit with blackthorn pants.

For skill wise, drop SA for VQ. I also personally don't like SV and go with BR instead. Once you get more DPS you can drop PtV for GF instead.
Edited by Jimbob#1821 on 1/7/2013 10:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
Wow. Thanks for the quick reply, man. Anyway yes, I was actually thinking of just completing the zuni set since I already have 2. And my offhand pisses me off when I "scare off" elites because of the %chance to fear since my build requires me to just stand in place.

As for the procs, how much Attkspd (currently at 1.6) should I have to effectively proc the stun/freeze I'll be getting from the hands/belt? And what skill will proc them more often, AC or RoT? Atm, I can only spam 5 AC's at max because of my max mana and low regen. lol

For the passives, I kind of have an attachment to SV since it saves me 70% of the time when I missclick or do something stupid. So I would have to weigh that against BR in game first before changing it. And for GF, I love the 50% boost to int it gives, but is it really that efficient since it only last up to 10secs?

Sorry for the questions. I just really want to get my WD to look like yours. or at least somewhere close. haha.
Reply Quote
As for the procs, how much Attkspd (currently at 1.6) should I have to effectively proc the stun/freeze I'll be getting from the hands/belt? And what skill will proc them more often, AC or RoT? Atm, I can only spam 5 AC's at max because of my max mana and low regen. lol

That's another reason to swap into BR+ VQ so you can cast more ACs.(I currently run a 1.67APS)I prefer AC because you are hitting more mobs per cast.

For the passives, I kind of have an attachment to SV since it saves me 70% of the time when I missclick or do something stupid. So I would have to weigh that against BR in game first before changing it. And for GF, I love the 50% boost to int it gives, but is it really that efficient since it only last up to 10secs?

BR cast reduction VQ and the GF 10% mana on globe all help you to cast AC more which will in turn allow you to proc more, which will in turn allow you to survive longer.

Sorry for the questions. I just really want to get my WD to look like yours. or at least somewhere close. haha.
Best of luck to you sir !
Edited by Jimbob#1821 on 1/7/2013 10:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info, bro! Will probably hit you up here again in the near future if I ever need to clarify some stuff. Thanks again! High five!
Reply Quote
If you need help making the most of your gold I will be happy to sort through the AH with you. Add me Gold15 #1509.
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 11:08 AMPosted by Gold15
If you need help making the most of your gold I will be happy to sort through the AH with you. Add me Gold15 #1509.

Can't add you atm. I don't have the game installed at home. lol. Will gladly add you when I can which is like in a day or two. :D
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 11:17 AMPosted by juhblow

Can't add you atm. I don't have the game installed at home. lol. Will gladly add you when I can which is like in a day or two. :D

No worries, Im at work anyway!
Reply Quote
A couple of your gear pieces are painful to look at.... you could be upgrading solidly for several hundred thousand.

1) Crit chance on your offhand (at least 7.5)

2) belt...

I'm not sure if you want to go the lacuni's/ zuni/ witching hour route with your budget although you will def want them eventually. Just upgrade your weakest spots by purchasing undervalued upgrades on ah ( be patient) and worry about the big guns later.

Have fun

frankyfailme#1295 if you need more help
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Frankyfailme
A couple of your gear pieces are painful to look at

rofl i think the same thing when i look at this dude

ochi#1322

except in his case he has a bunch of shiny crap, which blinds thine eyes and makes doves cry.
Reply Quote

I think the Atk spd won't matter as much if you intend to keep using AC. It ticks every half a sec, so you get many chances per cast and the proc rate is very high for that skill. Several WDs can show you in game the proc effects, just add the proctors as friends and watch in-game.
Reply Quote
Didn't expect this much so many replies. teehee. Will definitely consider everything you guys said. Thanks!
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 01:03 PMPosted by SayGa
A couple of your gear pieces are painful to look at

rofl i think the same thing when i look at this dude

ochi#1322

except in his case he has a bunch of shiny crap, which blinds thine eyes and makes doves cry.

I'm not sure I follow.. When I look at his gear, I find it very good. Especially when I see that 350k dps in his profile. Am I missing something?
Reply Quote
Start with zuni boots/ring for the set bonus and Lacuni's for 24% movement. Later on when you get more money, get a witching hour. Then after that swap out Zuni head for Visage of Giyua and a zuni off hand if you are going to be an Acid Cloud user.

Speaking of that if you are later on when you get more money you can look into stun on hands and freeze on belt ( on witching hour of course) but is a long term goal. If you are also looking to keep the acid cloud build you can look into getting some more life on hit with blackthorn pants.

For skill wise, drop SA for VQ. I also personally don't like SV and go with BR instead. Once you get more DPS you can drop PtV for GF instead.

What the !@#$ are you wearing? I've never seen anyone wearing that:
Chance to block: 52%
Reduces damage from elites: 29%
Reduces damage from melee: 11%
Reduces damage from ranged: 6%
Reply Quote

What the !@#$ are you wearing? I've never seen anyone wearing that:
Chance to block: 52%
Reduces damage from elites: 29%
Reduces damage from melee: 11%
Reduces damage from ranged: 6%

Dafuq. Who exactly are you talking about???
Reply Quote
Looks like MCP checked my profile in my working in progress PVP set. Put it on because of this thread. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592639876
I will say though even if it doesn't apply to PVP is hilarious running around in that set.
Sorry for the derail.
Edited by Jimbob#1821 on 1/8/2013 9:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm piggy-backing on this thread. Any feedback that I could get for improving my gear? I've got around 1.5 million to play with, but I'm not sure where the best place to start is with upgrades. I feel like my crit needs a lot of improvement, but not sure - cheers.
Reply Quote
@Wicket Save your money build up enough to get a Zuni hat/ring/boots/body. (Use pox instead of Haste lantern). After that save up for a witching hour then a CC+CD Int amulet. Then a pair of Lacunis for 12% movement. Once you have those basics out of your way you're going to have to really start saving. A skorn with life on hit should be your next purchase as you have no way of gaining HP back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]