Diablo® III

Please investigate crafting exploit

Edit: actually, I'm wrong - this exploit has been in existence long before my thread and was in HC, too, except at that time it wasn't as big as this wave now:
November: http://www.diablofans.com/topic/79238-new-exploit-going-now-atm/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199643190?page=1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit
01/08/2013 08:24 PMPosted by xyj4
is this fixed yet?

Can't really tell without a statement from Blizzard...and a statement from Blizzard is..very unlikely.No matter how obvious this problem is, there's no solid proof from us other than inferences from statistics ---> Blizzard doesn't have to admit, just like some other bugs/exploits they quietly fixed, especially this one as it involves the AH and rather sensitive.

Such as rollback and duping hotly discussed in the past, everyone knows dozens of exactly the same items are not even extremely rare but impossible statistically. Yet there had been no response from Blue other than generic stuff and in Asia server they said rollback items would become account bound.

Even if fixed, the items made are still there waiting to be sold or in the stash waiting to be listed in the future and there are definitely thousands of them. Most likely Blizzard will not destroy existing items sold via AH or already listed in AH because it's not really fair to buyers and they probably can't tell individually which one is an exploited one. Thus the 'damage' (if you consider every addition of illegit item to the economy is damaging) is permanent and will affect D3 economy forever.

Also, such urgent and massive sale clearly means that there'd been something forcing them to dump right now e.g. exploit discovered by Blizzard so they had knew they would face imminent ban, exploit discovered by other exploiters or maybe he just doesn't want to get involved with this game any more etc etc we may never know.

Honestly I don't really care that much the point I made the thread is to bring it to the attention of someone so they can fix this exploit ASAP to prevent further damage, not to criticise Blizzard.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also..why do you all keep presuming these crafted items in question will be removed if fixed the exploit? It's unfair to presumably innocent buyers and especially when they bought via AH, supposedly safe.
Even if the urgent maintenance fixes this which I doubt, it'll take at least a couple of days or even weeks for the ones already circulated via AH and ones in stash to be sold.
And remember, in D3, once an item is made, it stays in the game forever unless char delete, HC or vendor.....the damage is not reversible, so I just treat them as a stimulus package.. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now there's a way to exploit weapon crafting, making lots and lots of 1k+dps 1s and critdmg weapons, especially Mighty Weapon. Bliz please investigate

edit
It's just confirmed in a you-know-what forum, the link for which cannot be published here for a an obvious reason ..

Can Blizzard at least investigate? This is clearly very urgent issue, the failure to address this really really shortens the game's life.

If you allow this crafting exploit to continue, no one will ever farm again and you lose players.

edit
Look at AH, in the past 24 hours thousands and thousands of 'perfect' crafted items suddenly filled the entire AH
e.g.
all kinds of 1h weaps, critdmg% 40 - 70, 1s, stat
pants, main stat 100+, vit 200+, allres 60+, armor 200
etc etc ... basically..just search ideal stats for all items that can be crafted..all ilvl 62 affix
they popped out all of sudden in the past 24 hours (actually ppl pointed out it began several days before this thread)

Crafting items have long lost profitability -long known common sense...
Very few ilvl62 items with ilvl62 affixes are good

But now thousands of perfect lvl62 items with lvl62 affixes all popped out within 24 hours and
It's at least safe to ask some questions. Hope Blizzard would see this thread and fix this exploit ASAP.

Links:
scrapz noted the price of crafting consumables skyrocketed very recently:
http://www.d3rmt.com/auction-house/item/exquisite-essence/usgold/

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593580214
there's a post in ibug report too with screenshot
Edited by Logi#1464 on 1/8/2013 10:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
You know this how?
Reply Quote
Look at AH
Reply Quote
OBAMA

LIBERAL CONSPIRACY
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 09:55 AMPosted by Logi
Look at AH

sorry but, lol
Reply Quote
all kinds of
1h weaps, critdmg% 40 - 70, 1s, stat
gloves, dex 200, ias, critchance, critdmg
pants, main stat 100+, vit 200+, allres 60+, armor 200
etc etc ... basically..just search ideal stats for all items that can be crafted..
they popped out all of sudden in the past 24 hours
Edited by Logi#1464 on 1/8/2013 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Odin
Look at AH

sorry but, lol

You'd be really, really blind not to see at least the possibility.

If you want to bring up RNG, lol, ok, then do the math yourself and give us a conclusion.
Reply Quote
The "exploit" is 1,000,000 people crafting dozens of items. Some of them are good. Those go to the auction house. The others are gold sink.
Reply Quote
The "tinfoil" hat is strong with this one
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 10:09 AMPosted by papadanko
The "exploit" is 1,000,000 people crafting dozens of items. Some of them are good. Those go to the auction house. The others are gold sink.

01/08/2013 10:10 AMPosted by Dedmnwlkn
The "tinfoil" hat is strong with this one

Still, explain how thousands of them suddenly appeared in the past 24 hours before putting your automatic response 'tinfoil'.

It's a strong possibility that warrants investigation.
Reply Quote

Do the maths, it's not possible under 'RNG' crafting for so many to pop out all of a sudden. At least it's one of other possibilities.

Since you're asking us to do the math I assume you already did it on your end. Can you please share your calculations with us?
Reply Quote

Do the maths, it's not possible under 'RNG' crafting for so many to pop out all of a sudden. At least it's one of other possibilities.

Since you're asking us to do the math I assume you already did it on your end. Can you please share your calculations with us?

Sigh..what I meant was it didn't even take 'calculation' but common sense to figure out there's at least possibility.

Crafting items have long lost profitability - known common sense...
Few ilvl62 items with ilvl62 affixes were good
But now thousands of perfect ones all popped out within 24 hours?
Reply Quote
I am with OP on this, plvl 100 who CONSTANTLY check the AH for upgrades.

What was 1/4 page full of decent items is now 5+ pages of endgame items in each category. They all appeared within 24 hours. definitely something going on
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 1/8/2013 10:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
OP sees something he doesn't understand so it must be an exploit. Makes perfect sense.
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 10:21 AMPosted by Virgo4Ever
OP sees something he doesn't understand so it must be an exploit. Makes perfect sense.

Which part of 'investigate' and 'possibility' you don't understand?
Edit: from your gear yeh you don't know much.
Edited by Logi#1464 on 1/8/2013 10:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
I am with OP on this.

I have been hawking the AH for a weapon upgrade for LOH/LS/SOCKET. What was 1/4 page full of decent items is now 5+ pages of high dps weapons.

definitely something going on

Exactly
I don't know why these ppl who normally cry foul of bots suddenly turn blind eye.
Can you upload a screenshot please? I can't log in to game.
Reply Quote
Seriously I just wanted to know how it was done. Dying to try dual weilding build and put my Skorn on the side for a while. Just can't find any useful 1H weapons in my hundreds of hours of Act 3 MP2 full clears :`(
Reply Quote
I say Blizzard should drop everything they're doing right now and investigate this to the fullest. And the perpetrators should be punished by having their mouses blown to smithereens.
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 10:09 AMPosted by papadanko

Let me sum up..

- Crafting items have long lost profitability -long known common sense...
- Very few ilvl62 items with ilvl62 affixes are good

---> But now thousands of[u] perfect[/u] lvl62 items with lvl62 affixes all popped out within 24 hours?
You got to be blind not to at least ask questions
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]