Diablo® III

The game crashes multiple times a day

Before the game just crashed a couple times a week. That is fine with me. But now it crashes multiple times a day. I have not upgraded my operating system and I don't run anything in the back round. Should I upgrade my operating system I am on os x 10.7.4. Just upset with the change. A couple of times a day makes it nearly impossible to play this game. Hopefully you guys can help.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you post the next crash error report ID so I can see what is causing the crashes?
Edited by Machkhan on 1/9/2013 8:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm having the same problem. It's been happening a lot too and it rarely ever did it in the past past for me.
Reply Quote
I need to figure out how to reach that. But basically my monitor turns black and shift tab does not work. I will figure out how to get the crash error report ID soon. Just curious if I need to update my operating system to fix it.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
@goges147- Please post your crash error report ID if it produces one.

@AaronY- If it isn't producing an error report, then we can try basic troubleshooting.

First thing I would recommend is updating to 10.7.5, since that is the latest OS.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1582

Then I would try repairing Diablo III to see if that helps.
Reply Quote
83494D44-8C45-46FD-AAD4-36F72962F611
Reply Quote
@Machkhan Thanks after repairing my hd the game did not crash in over 6 hours. Thanks. I usually hold of on new updates for a while until all the programs I use are confirmed to work for it. Does D3 usually work the best with each update or just the 10.7.5?
Reply Quote
This time I got a different crash report ID.

3AF7A226-A2BF-4DF5-B01B-851C211A475A
Reply Quote
@goges147 I have no clue what that error report number means but hold down shift when you reboot so you can go into safe mode. Open up disk utility and repair your hd. Then reset. For me it worked great. Hope it works great for you. If not sorry at lest your computer will reboot slightly faster in the future. I hope all goes well and good luck on your loot in the game.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
@goges147- You may want to try what AaronY suggested. I've looked at the error, and it is something our team is looking into, as it is a new error.

You may also want to repair the game to see if it helps.
Reply Quote
I've tried it and it didn't work. I tried repairing the game and it didn't work either. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I'm trying to repair my hard drive again to make sure.
Reply Quote
Don't rule out over-heating.

Lion/Mountain Lion + Diablo 3 sends my temp up quite a lot.

You can try resetting your SMC.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

There are some utilities to speed up your fans as well. One is a control panel (outdated but still works) and the other is a faceless app. You'll have to search for them.

Open Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor
Select All Processes.

Run D3 minimised (COMMAND-M) and see if any process shoots up above 30% for extended periods. e.g. mds, mdworker, coreaudiod
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I'm trying to get some additional information about this, I'll keep checking into this for more information.
Reply Quote
I've resetted my SMC several times (or at least I'm pretty sure I did).

Overheating has never really been an issue with this Macbook Pro before. In fact, it has never had any significant problems until this recent patch update.

I look for apps to speed up my fan just in case but I don't think that's the issue.

Is it possible that the OS version could be an issue in itself? I got it to work fine on the Macbook Air.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
It might be, as I see it as a possible issue with the graphics card and 10.6.8. I'm trying to get more information from our team about this issue.
Reply Quote
Anything yet? I never had such a prolonged issue before. I'm checking back every so often to see if there's anything new.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]