Diablo® III

PVP

01/09/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Zard
wow i dont think blizz could be any slower on this game. no sense of urgency to try and get back 95% of the player base that quit.

They will come back. They always do. The ones that don't, simply don't deserve it.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 01:37 PMPosted by HeatherG
wow i dont think blizz could be any slower on this game. no sense of urgency to try and get back 95% of the player base that quit.

They will come back. They always do. The ones that don't, simply don't deserve it.

I came back and 2 weeks later I'm already bored again.

Yeah people come back, but the matter at hand is retention
Reply Quote
Well they've worked on it this long, PVP will be ready when its ready. The thing is tho, PVP will come out, and after the first month, there will NO DOUBT be a list of changes to make to it. Just from the feedback & results on the actual D3 population playing it.

So they either release it now, and get the community feddback.

Or

Do thoughrough internal testing and increase the chances of a more polished launch

If the D3 launch taught us anything it's that more development time doesn't mean a more polished launch. Just gives them more time to scrap everything and start over half a dozen times.

01/09/2013 01:13 PMPosted by FeRMi
No, no you've got it all wrong, it's actually in the next few days.

So if we're lucky we'll get the preview by the end of the month?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I want to farm "bits and pieces"
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 01:40 PMPosted by kirlian

I can see why SC players can get bored, but for me HC it seems there's always something to do especially if they do dueling right. I for one liked how pvp was in D2. Of course I am not saying I liked all the Pker's but then again I think thats why a lot of people played D2 for years and years is because of the freedom they had. I never liked the arena idea but I do like the idea of having something over your name that says your open for dueling or something like that. They will figure it out I have faith and I will gladly wait. I do however wish there could be a way to create your own games and such but thats another subject.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We don’t have a release date to share at the moment concerning patch 1.0.7, but it’s being worked on as we speak. In terms of the details surrounding dueling, we’re working on a preview of the system and the patch as a whole (the format is pretty similar to [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208"]this[/url], actually, including being written by a dev) that should address the bulk of your questions. We’d rather share the information with you once the patch preview is ready, though, rather than dole out bits and pieces.

So, to Jay wilson, a few days is over a month? We're already at 2 weeks since he made his statement. Add in the week or so that we have to wait after the release date is announced, and the fact that it isn't announced and you're looking at an indefinite time?!?

He stated that he dueling was already done and they were just putting a couple minor touches on it
Reply Quote
Seeing how this game is sooooo P/c now. I bet you cant duel anywhere but a lame wow area. The old days D 2 you could and can just aggres in any town go hunt down 7 peeps)
Reply Quote
Cuz a full group was 8 players!
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 01:40 PMPosted by kirlian

They come back for hope. Eventually that hope will fade away. Blizz is running out of time. I know quite a few people that said they wouldn't buy the expansion regardless of what is done to the game. They were avid D2 players as well. You already lost some of your player base, you might wanna hurry up
Reply Quote
I just cant wait to see the fanboy posts after pvp! Crying all the way home. Trying to duel in there mommas farming gear lol!
Reply Quote
Depending on how they scale damage, I might just play the immortal king style Barb and just get in everyone's way in PVP!
Reply Quote
We don’t have a release date to share at the moment concerning patch 1.0.7, but it’s being worked on as we speak. In terms of the details surrounding dueling, we’re working on a preview of the system and the patch as a whole (the format is pretty similar to [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208"]this[/url], actually, including being written by a dev) that should address the bulk of your questions. We’d rather share the information with you once the patch preview is ready, though, rather than dole out bits and pieces.

Thanks for the info! Always appreciated when you guys chime in :)
Reply Quote
1.0.7 release date : ~jan 23rd 2013
Reply Quote

I like how you explain very little with so many words.
Reply Quote

When can we expect to actually see this write up??

I have to say for the amount of time between patches 1.0.6 (Which was a completely annoying update because not much had been actually updated) and 1.0.7.. I'm expecting some major adjustments or upgrades etc.

A lot of games have been released since the launch of D3 and most other games have been progressing much quicker in comparison to D3 regarding updates, patches, DLC and other
Reply Quote
I am confused, I follow the link to a patch update for 1.3, but there is no PVP info.. anyone care to elaborate or is this really a nothing burger?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
01/09/2013 02:39 PMPosted by STRIKER

I like how you explain very little with so many words.
Reply Quote
Great, but I have to ask, why lie to us?

The PvP update blog said:
While we don't have any further information to share right now about our plans for additional PvP modes, we really look forward to posting more about dueling in the next few days.

I don't know about you, but I have always been told a few means 3 or 4. It has been 13 days since that blog and no new info...
Reply Quote
It's coming guys and it's huge.

"That's what he said."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]