Diablo® III

PVP

01/09/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Midnite
1.0.7 release date : ~jan 23rd 2013

100M bid
Reply Quote
PTR just for some tiny little PvP and Duell function? Wow, I hope the next patch contains a little bit more than just PvP, especialy for people that are not interested in PvP. I know that many players want to compare their E-Peni...um... skills but because the game is still so heavily AH driven, this can't end well for "normal" players without uber-gear and Gazillions of Gold (like me). ^^""" At least I have no clue how Blizzard can balance the mess they did around gear and items in D3 to make a fair, non gear based PvP. But I'm curious to see their solutions for this problem. :)

However, there are many other game issues that should be looked at by Blizzard, not only PvP. So I hope the PTR is a positive sign that there are much bigger things to test, tewak and adjust than just some PvP.
Edited by FusionPower#2473 on 1/9/2013 3:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
Making a writeup like that will just delay the release for another month. No thx. Just make a hostile button. Problem solved

Alternatively, I'll do the writeup right now so you can copy/paste to save time.

Patch 1.0.7 Design Preview

Players can now elect to attack one another.

Actual arena PVP coming soon
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Death Knight
Two months from now this thread will still be active.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 12:39 PMPosted by kirlian
Hope there's content other than rewardless dueling, otherwise I can't see it helping the game's dwindling player base
lolololol
I can dig up posts that exclaim the virtues of the dueling system in D2 and how it would be a boon for D3.

Yeah... you can't please them all. The D3 devs should implement whatever they want, and players should like it or leave it. This nanny-state of player entitlement is getting old.

Players: "We want PvP! Like it was in D2! Yeah! That was fun!"
Devs: "Okay, we scrapped Team Deathmatch. We're putting in Duels"
Players: "But they don't have any rewards! WAAAAAH!"
Devs: "... but that's what you asked for"
Players: "No we want rewards! And team play!"
Devs: "sigh... back to Team Deathmatch"
Players: "NO U! D3 sucks! Why is this taking so long?!?"
Players: "IT SUCKS! NOT LIKE D2!"
Devs: "..."
CMs: "we're working on it!"

01/09/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Ignatius
Haha. People are getting so over hyped over this update. This won't turn out well.
This. 100% this.
Reply Quote
1... Add a hostile button in public & private games, but have an option to join/create non-pvp games too. This is the Same thing as dueling only you won't limit the vastness of Sanctuary to a 200x200 box, it allows 1v3 / 1v1v1v1 capability, and players' adrenaline will rush when they must defend themselves in game...
and, like in D2, players can change to their main character and seek revenge <- this was fun.

2... Do this^ ASAP so you stop killing this game. Then LATER add your 'PvE integrated PvP' and objective oriented PvP with rewards (which will take longer to develop). Similar to Guild Wars, many skills must be adapted to have an alternative "PvP version" of the same skill. With Hostile available you can observe what needs balanced and the influx of overpowered builds can be nerfed Before Ladder PvP comes out, also underpowered classes can have "PvP skills" buffed. Best of all; No one will quit cause you aren't forcing anyone into PvP games.

*Edit*3... don't Fire Jay Wilson before Diablo 3 expansion is released and you'll have another #1 best seller.

4... ???????

5... Profit
Edited by Fragifier#1287 on 1/9/2013 9:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Also, as a handicap, Players should have their Paragon level benefits removed while Hostile

Please?

*EDIT - Even if hostile never makes it to the real game, consider adding it to Pub Test Realm for the sake of class balancing, and giving me a reason to love you again Blizzard.
Edited by Fragifier#1287 on 1/9/2013 8:28 PM PST
Reply Quote

^^thiiiisss
Reply Quote
PVP now. Only reason to play D3... there is no end game content period.
Reply Quote
Its going to come out right before Jan 23rd to combat Path of Exile. They did this with another major patch (1.0.4) to combat the release of Guild wars 2.
Reply Quote
Tuesday.
Reply Quote
Yes
Reply Quote
what is pvp?
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We don’t have a release date to share at the moment concerning patch 1.0.7, but it’s being worked on as we speak. In terms of the details surrounding dueling, we’re working on a preview of the system and the patch as a whole (the format is pretty similar to [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208"]this[/url], actually, including being written by a dev) that should address the bulk of your questions. We’d rather share the information with you once the patch preview is ready, though, rather than dole out bits and pieces.

You can't have devs talking to the customers.. You need someone to deal with the customers so the devs don't have to. You gotta have people skills.
Reply Quote
You can't have devs talking to the customers.. You need someone to deal with the customers so the devs don't have to. You gotta have people skills.

too funny.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 11:41 AMPosted by mdd130
is there any reward to winning? Can you put up money or items as a wager before each match begins? That would be awesome.

Yes you can. Its called saying, "Hey lets bet on this duel." Its something that you can do in any game that has dueling.
Reply Quote
all these pvp people need to shut up

diablo is a PVE game NOT A PVP GAME

trying to balance or mess up the game for the sake of PVP is not what should be done

Which is why it wont be done. PvP will be a 1 shot fest without mandatory pvp gear or adding a stat that drastically reduces player damage against other players.

People wanted PvP day one but it would have been an utter disaster.
Reply Quote

^^thiiiisss

Replace PvP with Real Money Auction House, and you have the exact scenario for every D3 forum thread since the games creation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]