Diablo® III

322k DPS DH using Windforce

glad u enjoy taking so damn long to kill juz a simple bunch of elites. but still ur skills could do hc, u should play hc
Reply Quote
my !@# using buffs im 270k unbuffed
Reply Quote
DEATHX - that is too funny, you have cains leveling gear on including ruby in helm and leorics and you are still rockin like 144k dps... i can only imagine what it would be with uber gear on. kudos to you for grinding. kudos to all those guys who can... i simply dont have the patience.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I was testing WF + Cluster Arrow Cluster Bomb, the knockback helps to hit more times.
Reply Quote
Thanks for all the comments! Especially Drittz, i did enjoyed our games! For those who says the build isnt efficient on higher mp i amswer this with higher dps my build will as much powerful as it is right now, discpline doesnt disappear with higher mps. If the video didnt satisfied you, add me and come play a run or 2!
Reply Quote
hello again friends i hit para 40 using DEATHX method of cain. switched back to my normal gear again 175k-180k unbuffed no archery. Might farm some keys so trying some higher mp with you guys would be fun.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/firebat-1476/Vayne/12189238
Edited by Firebat#1476 on 1/12/2013 6:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
OP is a smart DH. Understands the class. I don't understand why people say a DH needs High HP and RA. You don't. Shadowpower Gloom can keep you a live forever if you know how to play. Look at my spec. Most people will say it sucks, but guess what? I kill !@#$ and don't die!. And I melee tank everything. My RA/Armor is low... OMG.

Just like to say though, his spec is not very optimal for a 322k dps DH. Using the Steady Aim and staying that close to melee is a waste. Id switch it to something else tbh. It's nice that you can kill stuff on MP7 and all, but it does take you a nice while to kill things.
Edited by Zedonius#1220 on 1/12/2013 2:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'd like to see the OP play MP7 ubers without a CM wiz. In terms of sustained damage, I don't see this build being super efficient overall. Fun to see a cannon again, though.

I was at 243k DPS (unbuffed) as a class cannon, then decided to sacrifice 22k to achieve much more EHP (300k to 1m, is a huge difference).

OP, i suggest you do the same. Kiting most of the fight and using ball lightening, well that's what I used to do before I wanted to get serious about real, sustained damage. Now I can take a lot of damage while also dealing a lot more damage than before.
Edited by Surfinn#1296 on 1/12/2013 3:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
As a WF lover, I watched the vid.

I have to say, your glass cannon kiting skills are very good. You would have done extremely well pre-1.03 when the game was about not being hit at all.

That being said.
1. Your DPS is buffed due to steady aim. While I agree that SA works very well with a WF, you didn't seem to take advantage of it. Many many times in the vid you had a monster within 10 yards... so lets drop that DPS down a bit (or why don't u throw on SS too^^).

2. You didn't seem to really benefit from the knockback. The knockback allows for a "stand and deliver" style of play, every second you are kiting, you aren't doing any DPS, nor knocking anyone back. Additionally, cinder arrow is your friend... it has a double proc of KB (as well as for nightstalker).

3. Based on the above, how did using a WF help your build? An equally powerful calamity would have given you more DPS, the MOD proc and more attacks between kites... and better discpline from NS. You had either SS/Gloom up 95% of the time, so you didn't benefit from the LS on WF. Using a manticore probably would have given you more DPS... though the slow attack speed is a real mission between kites.

lawl
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
thats quite impressive, still prefer 100k less dps with legacy nats
Reply Quote
@Zedonius

Yeah i think thats the only thing ppl made me think about, my steady aim is useful over normal mobs but with elites im too close, ill consider another passive. Thanks for all ur comments! Keep on
Reply Quote
@Surfinn
I proved my build to many ppl after this thread, ican do ubers no prob without cm wiz i often help ppl with it. It is as much efficient as i want it to be.
Add me if ure not sure. Ill add all the ppl this monday
Reply Quote
since i am too lazy to add your resists
could u tell me what's your resists at :P

and the route u are using
Edited by icyraine#6715 on 1/13/2013 1:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Surfinn
I proved my build to many ppl after this thread, ican do ubers no prob without cm wiz i often help ppl with it. It is as much efficient as i want it to be.
Add me if ure not sure. Ill add all the ppl this monday

I just don't see your sustained DPS being anywhere near someone who can tank. Kiting and BL isn't extremely effective, and especially not against ubers or single targets. Looks fun and challenging, though.
Reply Quote
^ +1
"Effective" damage per second and DPS are very different things.
Reply Quote
^ +1
"Effective" damage per second and DPS are very different things.

Which is precisely why I dropped about 12% of the OP's DPS in exchange for achieving 1m EHP. "never dying" or dying rarely isn't that impressive if you're running backward and spamming BL, IMO. If you're doing it for a challenge or change of pace, that's different, but in terms of overall efficiency at high MP, there are builds/gear that will blow the OP's out of the water, at comparable paper DPS.

If we're talking about surviving the game's toughest environment, which is MP10 keyfarming/ubers, you will either kite/distance yourself and deliver a stunted about of damage output or die. A lot.

Also, I'd take doing a significant amount of damage and dying SOMETIMES (although dying on uber runs can become a major problem) rather than trying hard to survive and cutting a ton of effective damage.

For example, if you're in the corner spamming BL on uber runs, I'd rather have a DH that has a little less DPS and much more EHP in order to make runs faster and more efficient, someone who doesn't have to constantly worry about getting one shotted by Magda's butterflies, maybe.
Edited by Surfinn#1296 on 1/13/2013 5:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
The bottom line is: at higher MP, you need a significant amount of EHP (specifically the DH class) in order to maximize sustained DPS. That's why people get survivability stats on their gear; not because they're bad and need that extra cushion, but because they're able to be a better teammate during runs and solo more efficiently.
Edited by Surfinn#1296 on 1/13/2013 6:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 06:01 PMPosted by Surfinn
The bottom line is: at higher MP, you need a significant amount of EHP (specifically the DH class) in order to maximize sustained DPS. That's why people get survivability stats on their gear; not because they're bad and need that extra cushion, but because they're able to be a better teammate during runs and solo more efficiently.

I totally disagree with you. If i get to 400k dps ill do higher mp the same way i do with 7. You're judging my build on your kind of gameplay. That is wrong if you read what other ppl and myself said, i use this build cuz it is extreme. Im a cod player, i love quick gameplay, i love to be smart and use strategies. Idc about dying once or twice in a game, if i wasnt playing with this build d3 would be boring as !@#$. I dont play this game to farm, i play it to challenge my gamer skills like in any other games. My friends know I dont die and we play ubers 7-8-9 having fun. What ppl are waiting from a dh is DPS there is other classes to tank. I found the way to be quick, powerful and stay alive idk what ure looking for. Instead of stacking EHP on a dh and farm while eating your cookies Go play a barb lol
Reply Quote
since i am too lazy to add your resists
could u tell me what's your resists at :P

and the route u are using

I have about 186 AR i think
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]