Diablo® III

RMAH questions

Do I need a cell phone to use the RMAH with the option of PayPal? I currently dont own a cell phone that allows SMS messaging. Before I order a Key Chain Authenticator I want to make sure I am not wasting my money on one, as I do not want Battle.net balance...

Thanks.
Reply Quote
:(
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Yes, you do need a registered cell phone tied to a regular cell phone texting plan in order to use SMS protect. And yes, SMS protect is required for PayPal. Cheap burner phones from Walmart won't work nor will VOIP services like Google Voice.

The FAQ here covers it https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battlenet-sms-protect

Any standard cell phone in a supported country with a data plan may be used as a Battle.net SMS Protect device.

Note: Cell phones with prepaid plans may not work with the SMS Protect service. SMS Protect cannot be used with Voice over IP (VoIP), and VoIP numbers that are transferred to a local provider will not be eligible for Battle.net SMS Protect.

Now, that said, the Keychain is only $6.50 with free shipping and is great way to keep your account secure. It also reduces some of those security lockouts that you get when switching PCs or changing IPs. I would consider it for my account even if I was not planning on using the RMAH.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 1/10/2013 3:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
well that sucks, oh well no RMAH for me then.

thanks for the reply.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]