Diablo® III

Highest single target DPS ability for ubers?

What is everyones opinion on highest DPS ability we have for ubers?

I personally think it is HA/SoT or DA, because you can sit off screen and shoot and hit the target 100% of the time. However, when there is a CM Wiz in group I think nothing can beat out Cluster Bombs.

Is EA/BL a good single target hitter against a boss? Seems like it hits 3 times a lot of the time, but I always thought of this ability as a AoE trash killer.

What do you think?
Reply Quote
Spike Traps Echoing Blast if you can get the targets to stand still with a CM wiz. pow pow pow...
Reply Quote
Yea forgot about echoing blast, those are pretty good too.

No one else has input?

prob gonna stick with HA anyway.
Reply Quote

Is EA/BL a good single target hitter against a boss? Seems like it hits 3 times a lot of the time, but I always thought of this ability as a AoE trash killer.

From my personal experience ball lightning isn't that great. Maybe if you had a CM wizard it would be ok, but for two of the three fights I find there is too much movement and by the time your ball lightning gets to where you wanted it to go, there is a good chance the uber has moved away.
Reply Quote
The only uber BL is good against is ZK if he's next to a slow time bubble. otherwise, it's a waste. rather go with spike traps if you have the CM Wiz
Reply Quote
Spike Trap, then Bola Shot - Imminent Doom I think?
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Kadderly
Spike Trap, then Bola Shot - Imminent Doom I think?

ya, not a bad choice... you could also try some sentries and use custom engineering passive... they all work well together
Reply Quote
all ive been doing is uber runs mp10 w/ my cm wiz buddy. I use cluster bombs/imminent doom and the marked for death that regens hatred. Its almost non stop cluster bombs on them.
Reply Quote
if u have a cm wiz, cluster bombs deal way more damage than spike traps imo, especially with siege breaker / ghom
Reply Quote
With good CM wizzy i use the following for ubbers:

HA/spray
Spike Traps-echo

Bait the trap--10% extra CC
MFD-valley of death--24% additional damage

I find clusters are too slow to cast, where as i can get more hits per sec with this build
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 08:08 AMPosted by REAPER666
MFD-valley of death--24% additional damage

24%? how do u figure... does it not read 12%?
Reply Quote
If I have a CM wiz, I maximize DPS in higher uber runs through

Bola Shot - Imminent Doom
Spike Traps - Echoing Blast
MFD - Mortal Enemy (further spike traps spamming via hatred regen)
Steady Aim - make sure you are 10 yards away from any enemy for 20% DPS boost
Reply Quote
spike trap with 25% bonus to spike dmg. I crit for about 1.5-1.6m damage
Reply Quote
I've been using:
HA - SoT
Echoing blast
MFD
Steady Aim
Cull the weak with cold SOJ - it also helps to keep them on traps

And night stalker for mp9+
Edited by Yue#1592 on 1/11/2013 11:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
I think Sentry deserves an honourable mention. Having two up firing at the same time is roughly ~400k constant dps on the thing they are firing at (for me at least) - and ubers are really the only thing in the game right now that stands still long enough for Sentry use.

400k dps may seem paltry in comparison to more conventional generators, but remember they fire autonomously instead of taking up an attack swing like all other attacks (Caltrops and RoV excluded, you can cast those while firing too), so it's actually really more like 400k dps + generator spam (Hungering Arrow is about 1.2mil dps for me) vs other abilities.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 1/11/2013 1:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Cluster bomb: 5 x 230%
Echoing blast: 3 x 275%

With the right gear u can fire 1 cluster every second, indefinitely.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]