Diablo® III

Phat's budget Double Nado and gear reference

i loaded my profile into d3rawr and my tdps is about 840k and 200k fully buffed paper dps. And can you give me further advice on gearing and upgrading?
i have about 120m to spend.

To get to the next level of tdps you are going to need 2 more slots of 8-9ias and replace your MH ring with an 8-9ias ring. You have a lot of vit on the gloves, which will make getting another IAS slot there expensive. I would get vit on your belt/shoulder and drop it from your gloves. IK cc/IAS gloves aren't cheap. You could probably get trifectas rare for the same cost.

The fourth slot of IAS will be tricky. It has to either come on helm or pants. Mempo would give you a needed AR slot as well.

edit: Remember that you will be eventually upgrading to an IK chest to give you IK2 or IK3. Also, you will eventually want 30-60dam on your rings/ammy.

thank you so much for the quick reply. I will try to get some vit on my shoulder + belt to substitute my life loss. and I will get a trifecta instead of what I have now. One question remain, should I get IK chest now? That 100 vit from blackthron bonus sure looks good.
Also, do I need to hit certain attackspeed break point?
I also have a lacuni prawler with 90str+90vit+56AR with NO crit, whici is better?

Thank you so much
Phat is the man! Helped me gear my barb on a cheap budget to do MP5 without a problem. Thanks for all the help bro!

I agree that your weapons aren't ideal but you already own them. I agree you need another slot of 9ias, since that would put you at 2/2.23. There is no easy place to get it for you.

It might be easier to just get an EF with LS and socket. Your current IAS will put you into 2.23 on both hands which will gen fury better than current weapons+another 9ias. Check d3rawr before any purchase. If your budget is big enough, you might consider an EF MH since your OH is usable.

I would strongly reconsider using the WH since you are giving up LS/big AR to use it. I also don't need to tell you that using vit gems in all your slots is gimping your tdps. This is another ehp issue I would address soon since you wont be able to push mp much higher.

Thanks for the info. Got some different gloves and a cheap EF to see how that works. Gonna have a hard time trading 10-12k dps for 3% LS on the belt though.

Also on the MH EF and using my current OH, the OH has non black dmg, and if I do EF main, I would want a cold SOJ to overcome that correct? I was under the impression for some reason the poison would counteract the cold run speed debuff or something. Or is it just that black dmg rolls higher?

And.. I see the suggestion of MH mace/OH dagger - would a sword with AS be as good as a dagger as long as its 1.5 APS or higher? Or does the attack speed bonus mess up something? I am assuming atm that the sword with AS would be just as good for the tornadoes.
Edited by Devellaro#1365 on 1/29/2013 6:43 PM PST
Hi Phat,

Would you be able to provide some advice on my gear/upgrades.

Looking to increase ehp without decreasing dps.
View profile
Hi Phat,

Would you be able to provide some advice on my gear/upgrades.

Looking to increase ehp without decreasing dps.

No AR on helm and pants. This is where you can boost your EHP. To a lesser extent, you can add 80vit to your belt if you get rid of the life%. You need another slot of LS. I recommend OH, belt, and passive until you get past 1mil tdps vs elites.

Your OH weapon needs to be replaced.
Hi phat. In ur guide u mention that with a 0.24 echo fury. Barbs can use more slots of ias. ie 9.9.8.8.. is this the same as a 9.9.9.6?

Reason I ask is because I recently acquired a 6 ias skullgrasp. I was using 9.9.9.9 ias items and now I am at 9.9.9.9.6.. I am considering removing either andy helm or witching belt for ik item. But on d3up I am not hitting the 2.5 breakpoint. Ingame aps calculation shows 2 49 as well. Any ideas how I can shed some useless ias?
View profile
01/29/2013 07:59 PMPosted by asurians
Hi phat. In ur guide u mention that with a 0.24 echo fury. Barbs can use more slots of ias. ie 9.9.8.8.. is this the same as a 9.9.9.6?

It needs to add up to 34. 9996 doesnt add up to 34.
Yeah, my goal is to get to good farming higher MP ASAP, regardless of what I have to do to get there. I'll look into dropping IK5 when I get home tonight, alongside upgrading other parts, and obtaining weapons.

Ok, after liquidating and going through the great gear shift, I feel that I am in a much better spot to actually start upgrading to get to my desired spot. My offhand has a bit of vit, but that's about all. Now that I have fixed myself, does there seem to be any glaring upgrades? Perhaps my amulet, but I'm not sure how much losing 800 LoH will hurt...
Hi Phat,

So I have spent the small bank (6M) and upgraded my ammy, gloves and helm as suggested, as well as switched out my MH to a mace. I don't have any funds left, but noticed that I'm at 2.2/2.2 APS, which is really hurting my fury generation. Since I was able to increase my HP, would a switch of my passives help? Any suggestions on what to save for to upgrade next to get to the next BP?

And before anyone says anything, I know I wasn't supposed to have the AR on the ammy, but I got that ammy with the reduction of ranged attack and AR for 1M, so i thought it was a pretty decent deal. I know the MH has str and vit, but it was one that I had in my inventory of another character that I had forgotten about.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ScratchNsnif-1843/hero/7629901
phat, u think i should get a low dps EF with 1.45 aps that comes with LS ? that way i could just replace my 3%LS from the passive to something like tough as nails to raise my armor, so that reflect dun hit that hard.. anything else u think i should focus on ?

*I have no problem farming mp10 as well, just that i wan to farm it in a way.. when i replace my gear in future.. i wont get stuck to change the entire arsenal
01/30/2013 09:01 AMPosted by t0astp0tat0
*I have no problem farming mp10 as well, just that i wan to farm it in a way.. when i replace my gear in future.. i wont get stuck to change the entire arsenal

Honestly I am surprised at your ability to farm MP10 with that gearset. That EHP seems extremely low. You must be extremely talented!

You might consider upgrading your IK belt for one with vit and ar. If you sure up your EHP a bit more you will find higher MPs less "kitey". I am assuming you are a kiting master with that EHP because i don't think it's possible to survive otherwise.
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 1/30/2013 10:21 AM PST
01/30/2013 08:49 AMPosted by Chubrock
So I have spent the small bank (6M) and upgraded my ammy, gloves and helm as suggested, as well as switched out my MH to a mace. I don't have any funds left, but noticed that I'm at 2.2/2.2 APS, which is really hurting my fury generation. Since I was able to increase my HP, would a switch of my passives help? Any suggestions on what to save for to upgrade next to get to the next BP?

You know from a gear perspective I think you are doing one thing very wrong. You are stacking over 300 vit on your weapons. That's almost 40% of your total vitality!!! At some point you are going to have an extremely hard time switching weapons like those out. Having EHP stats on weapons (except for free Strength) is a grave mistake imo.

After all of the things you upgraded I am unsure as to why you didn't get a new chest piece. The vit and str rolls on that chest are the same that show up on some bracers. That's no bueno.

I would really take a step back from worrying about DPS for a minute and take a look at how you can sure up the core EHP of your armor. Shoulders, Chest, and some combo of boots/belt/pants is where you will get the bulk of your EHP. Your belt and chest are the worst of the two. You should be able to get a lot better IK belt on bid with vit if you are patient. If you hope to one day get into higher MPs then EHP is king over DPS (especially since mobs don't have enrage timers anymore).

From a dps perspective I don't like your main hand ring at all. Only because it gives you IAS where it should give you Crit Chance. You have plenty of attack speed. You need more critchance so that your fury gen will work more consistently.
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 1/30/2013 10:17 AM PST
Deciding if I should save for new weps first or just upgrade my gems.
01/30/2013 10:46 AMPosted by xxxkan
Deciding if I should save for new weps first or just upgrade my gems.

Personally think upgrading anything accept helm/weapon gems is not very critical. I would go with the upgrade that you feel will give you the most bang for your buck.
Ya i usually find gems not worth upgrading, but Wayneold pointed out to me that my gems look ugly lol.
Phat - Thank you for the great guide!

I have recently changed the most of my gear in order to permawrath.
Could you point out the major flaws on my build/gear? What should I focus on for my next upgrade?

Thanks in advance!

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cruder-1852/hero/22821524
01/30/2013 11:03 AMPosted by xxxkan
Ya i usually find gems not worth upgrading, but Wayneold pointed out to me that my gems look ugly lol.

A lot of functional things look ugly lol. Can't even see the gems in game anyway.
Phat - Thank you for the great guide!

I have recently changed the most of my gear in order to permawrath.
Could you point out the major flaws on my build/gear? What should I focus on for my next upgrade?

Thanks in advance!

I know I know...I'm not Phat...

I'm not sure if it was the best decision to get the IK chest piece yet. You have elected to buy one with an extremely low vit roll which will hurt you in the long run. However if your goal is to farm lower level MPs I think you have accomplished that goal.
Lol so true. I guess weapon upgrade first then gems later.
01/30/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Prisus
in order to permawrath

So, I have a question related to this as well.

Mainly I have a hard time keeping wrath up. For some reason my tornadoes don't like to proc into the fray, even though I have a 65+% crit rate with wrath up. Obviously it is especially problematic in small groups because things (on mp0-1) die so quickly that the tornado + ww just melt them so I run out of fury and then have to bash for more and restart, which is really pretty sloppy and not at all what I want.

This is why I had originally veered away from wrath because I was only using it to escape CC, and I really would like to hulk up and murder some demons, but it's frustrating to have to wait 60 seconds or more to do it :/
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]