Diablo® III

Phat's budget Double Nado and gear reference

So, I have a question related to this as well.

Mainly I have a hard time keeping wrath up. For some reason my tornadoes don't like to proc into the fray, even though I have a 65+% crit rate with wrath up. Obviously it is especially problematic in small groups because things (on mp0-1) die so quickly that the tornado + ww just melt them so I run out of fury and then have to bash for more and restart, which is really pretty sloppy and not at all what I want.

This is why I had originally veered away from wrath because I was only using it to escape CC, and I really would like to hulk up and murder some demons, but it's frustrating to have to wait 60 seconds or more to do it :/

I don't see a question lol. But yes you are correct in that assessment. It is more difficult to maintain wrath (or even fury) when playing with groups. I usually just ask the group to bump the MP up a bit. Most don't care as long as I am willing to carry the dps burden....of course I don't mind and everyone gets better loot as a result.

On a side note, you don't need tough as nails for lower MP. Your EHP is plenty to handle through MP4. You can switch that out for either animosity or unforgiving to help with fury gen. You might even consider switching out WC:I out for a fury generating skill/rune to make it even easier to keep fury.

This is a common side effect. On the bright side...I'm not one to complain about being "too powerful" lol ;)
01/30/2013 08:03 AMPosted by Skonatha
Yeah, my goal is to get to good farming higher MP ASAP, regardless of what I have to do to get there. I'll look into dropping IK5 when I get home tonight, alongside upgrading other parts, and obtaining weapons.

Ok, after liquidating and going through the great gear shift, I feel that I am in a much better spot to actually start upgrading to get to my desired spot. My offhand has a bit of vit, but that's about all. Now that I have fixed myself, does there seem to be any glaring upgrades? Perhaps my amulet, but I'm not sure how much losing 800 LoH will hurt...

You have enough tdps and LS to drop the LOH. I would also stay away from AR on the ammy. I look at the ammy as pure dps. 30-60, 120str, 50cd, 8cc+.

As far as your permawrath problem, its because you are at low MP. If your tdps is near 1mil, you should be in MP4. If its between 500k-1mil then MP3.
Hi Phat,

So I have spent the small bank (6M) and upgraded my ammy, gloves and helm as suggested, as well as switched out my MH to a mace. I don't have any funds left, but noticed that I'm at 2.2/2.2 APS, which is really hurting my fury generation. Since I was able to increase my HP, would a switch of my passives help? Any suggestions on what to save for to upgrade next to get to the next BP?

That is your unbuffed aps. You should only worry about buffed aps since this build is for permawrath.

I agree with prisus that your on-weapon vit is a terrible idea and will make upgrading for dps require purchasing new ehp pieces, particularly the chest, boots and shoulders. Consider getting vit upgrades in these slots with the next purchase unless you want to be stuck in low mp when you upgrade your weapons.
phat, u think i should get a low dps EF with 1.45 aps that comes with LS ? that way i could just replace my 3%LS from the passive to something like tough as nails to raise my armor, so that reflect dun hit that hard.. anything else u think i should focus on ?

*I have no problem farming mp10 as well, just that i wan to farm it in a way.. when i replace my gear in future.. i wont get stuck to change the entire arsenal

LS on the OH always helps with flexibility but it will usually come at the cost of some crit damage. You have to decide if you want that flexibility. I doubt an armor passive will boost your ehp enough to make much difference. Your AR/vit is subpar for high MP and thats why you are using warcry. I don't like that type of slow inefficient farming. I'd rather melt elites at mid mp and go pure dps skills.

You are stacking too much IAS to hit 2.86 on your MH. You should learn to use d3rawr and figure out if your tdps fully buffed is better off by not hitting such high aps so you can stack more crit damage. You can drop ias from glove/ammy and replace with crit/str/avg damage and still hit at 2.5 on both weapons. This may calc out to more tdps.
Hi Phat,

So I have spent the small bank (6M) and upgraded my ammy, gloves and helm as suggested, as well as switched out my MH to a mace. I don't have any funds left, but noticed that I'm at 2.2/2.2 APS, which is really hurting my fury generation. Since I was able to increase my HP, would a switch of my passives help? Any suggestions on what to save for to upgrade next to get to the next BP?

That is your unbuffed aps. You should only worry about buffed aps since this build is for permawrath.

I agree with prisus that your on-weapon vit is a terrible idea and will make upgrading for dps require purchasing new ehp pieces, particularly the chest, boots and shoulders. Consider getting vit upgrades in these slots with the next purchase unless you want to be stuck in low mp when you upgrade your weapons.

One of the best advice you can make for Softcore. I don't know if you remember my old mace, but it crippled my gearing for the longest time until I could replace it.
01/30/2013 10:46 AMPosted by xxxkan
Deciding if I should save for new weps first or just upgrade my gems.

IMO getting to 2nd highest str gems comes when you have to spend 100m on a slot for a decent tdps increase. top tier gems are for when you are flush with gold and want some fancy bling.

I would consider getting a socket with LS on your OH EF. This will let you drop the LS from mh and let you get str and crit and socket. You will net another 60-70 crit and 120str for about 150m. If you want to drop the LS completely and use bloodthirst then you are looking at another 50 crit damage for the same price.
Hey man,

If I have a +0.21 EF, how much % attack speed from gear would I need to hit the 2.23 mainhand and 2.5 offhand breakpoints? I currently have 34%... I'm trying to figure out how much IAS I need on my 5th piece of gear to get to the breakpoint.

I tried d3rawr but all I could find is the dps calculator, nothing relating to APS breakpoints.

Thanks
Edited by Blayze#1534 on 1/30/2013 3:51 PM PST
Phat - Thank you for the great guide!

I have recently changed the most of my gear in order to permawrath.
Could you point out the major flaws on my build/gear? What should I focus on for my next upgrade?

I would put a ruby in the helm to start. I would try to work 30-60 dam on all your jewelry. I would also consider an SOJ. Socket/LS EF will only net you 39crit dam and a 100m MH with str/crit will also only net you another 50ish crit.

I dont have to tell you purple gems everywhere means your on-gear vit is crap. This setup will only work in high MP if you use defensive skills.

Since you already own your gear, I would upgrade tdps as much as possible then start saving up for vit/ar upgrades on your armor slots so you can use all dps skills.
Hey man,

If I have a +0.21 EF, how much % attack speed from gear would I need to hit the 2.23 mainhand and 2.5 offhand breakpoints? I currently have 34%... I'm trying to figure out how much IAS I need on my 5th piece of gear to get to the breakpoint.

I tried d3rawr but all I could find is the dps calculator, nothing relating to APS breakpoints.

Thanks

With that ef you need 19IAS to hit 2.23. This will also put your OH into 2.5.
01/30/2013 03:40 PMPosted by PhatPhoEater
Deciding if I should save for new weps first or just upgrade my gems.

IMO getting to 2nd highest str gems comes when you have to spend 100m on a slot for a decent tdps increase. top tier gems are for when you are flush with gold and want some fancy bling.

I would consider getting a socket with LS on your OH EF. This will let you drop the LS from mh and let you get str and crit and socket. You will net another 60-70 crit and 120str for about 150m. If you want to drop the LS completely and use bloodthirst then you are looking at another 50 crit damage for the same price.

Thanks for the answer. Which would u prioritize first? LS EF or new mainhand.
01/30/2013 04:06 PMPosted by xxxkan

Thanks for the answer. Which would u prioritize first? LS EF or new mainhand.

You should get whatever you find first, since both are hard to find. You will usually have to bid on the MH. The EF will come up occasionally at a reasonable buyout, < 30mil.
Hey man,

Thanks

19 more IAS on top of the 34 I already have from gear??? Are you sure?

In game I'm currently at 2.10 MH and 2.40 OH unbuffed (according to the char screen).

This is depressing... I was hoping I only needed 7-9% more :(
Edited by Blayze#1534 on 1/30/2013 4:13 PM PST

In game I'm currently at 2.10 MH and 2.40 OH unbuffed (according to the char screen).

Any reference to aps should be fully buffed. If you intend to permawrath, that implies your unbuffed aps is irrelevant. It's 19IAS total, not on top of your current IAS.

Any reference to aps should be fully buffed. If you intend to permawrath, that implies your unbuffed aps is irrelevant. It's 19IAS total, not on top of your current IAS.

Understood.

Sorry to bug you, unfortunately math isn't my forte - would you mind calculating the % IAS I need unbuffed to hit the 2.23MH / 2.50 OH breakpoints? I haven't gotten the permawrath thing down pat yet, so it would be nice to know that I'm at those breakpoints even when I don't have wrath up.

Thanks again.

Understood.

Sorry to bug you, unfortunately math isn't my forte - would you mind calculating the % IAS I need unbuffed to hit the 2.23MH / 2.50 OH breakpoints? I haven't gotten the permawrath thing down pat yet, so it would be nice to know that I'm at those breakpoints even when I don't have wrath up.

Thanks again.

This is a waste of gold. if you want to farm mp0 then you dont need permawrath or any more ias...
thanks prisus, more hp and AR ya ? okok will try to get more of those, usually for mp10, i tend to kite whenever i see mob with molten =p cus its so pain that i wont be able to last long
Also should I be aiming for the BPs on both MH & OH to hit either 2.23, 2.5 or 2.86? Or just MH???

It depends. with a mace/EF combo you are shooting for both weapons to be at 2.23 or 2.5. You are currently between the 2 breakpoints with 3 slots of IAS. With one more slot of 8IAS you will be at 2.5 fully buffed. I'm not a fan of your ehp situation with zero vit innas and zero AR boots. This works fine for low mp but using this set at mid mp or higher will require defensive skills like warcry. Not a problem but you are leaving a lot of bonus CC on the table by not using opks.

IMO you'd be better off getting Lacunis with whatever combo of cc/vit/ar you can afford and getting big ehp pants. This solves your ehp/ias problems. I would only use Innas if they had big vit and had non MS boots with monster stats. If you don't have the bankroll or good enough gear in other slots, I'd pass. Relying on pants for IAS and zero ehp makes no sense if it forces you to put it on your ammy/bracers and still have less than desirable stats.

Not having a socket in your MH is missing out on a big source of crit damage.

Made some changes, thoughts? (still on the hunt to get a 0.25 LS SOC EF OH & MH SOC CD).

It depends. with a mace/EF combo you are shooting for both weapons to be at 2.23 or 2.5. You are currently between the 2 breakpoints with 3 slots of IAS. With one more slot of 8IAS you will be at 2.5 fully buffed. I'm not a fan of your ehp situation with zero vit innas and zero AR boots. This works fine for low mp but using this set at mid mp or higher will require defensive skills like warcry. Not a problem but you are leaving a lot of bonus CC on the table by not using opks.

IMO you'd be better off getting Lacunis with whatever combo of cc/vit/ar you can afford and getting big ehp pants. This solves your ehp/ias problems. I would only use Innas if they had big vit and had non MS boots with monster stats. If you don't have the bankroll or good enough gear in other slots, I'd pass. Relying on pants for IAS and zero ehp makes no sense if it forces you to put it on your ammy/bracers and still have less than desirable stats.

Not having a socket in your MH is missing out on a big source of crit damage.

Made some changes, thoughts? (still on the hunt to get a 0.25 LS SOC EF OH & MH SOC CD).

Hard to use SOJ and have zero cc on bracers/helm. @ 21cc you are well below the minimum. If you can keep wrath with your current setup i wouldn't change it. If you cant keep wrath then i would swap out the SOJ.

I like your ehp now, but it will take another hit once you upgrade your Mh and drop the vit.
Hey Phat,

I'm looking to get a set so i can do MP5-6. I have about 5-6mil to work with. Is that possible? I've just come back to the game and noticed alot of things are different so i'm looking for some help. Feel free to friend me if that's easier
Hey Phat,

I'm looking to get a set so i can do MP5-6. I have about 5-6mil to work with. Is that possible? I've just come back to the game and noticed alot of things are different so i'm looking for some help. Feel free to friend me if that's easier

Depends on how you define "do." You can spend 5m on your set and "do" mp5. Would I "do" mp5 with your set + 5mil? nope. I would want to be able to do an alk run in less than 12mins and not have to kite from 50% of the elites.

i would replace every slot except your MH ring. Basically a complete overhaul for 5m. This will get you fast mp2 farm. If you want to "do" mp5 with 5m you will be sacrificing dps for ehp.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]