Diablo® III

Phat's budget Double Nado and gear reference

Hey Pho

What are your thoughts on Axe v Mace main hand? Axe is currently cheaper on AH for equivalent DPS/Stats. Is there value in using a MH Axe since it requires less IAS slots to hit the 2.5 breakpoint? (Leaving budget to stack more STR/CC/CD) - I noticed all top tier barbs use mace MH
View profile
You have to look at the damage range, not the big number dps. This is why most people use maces in the MH. Equivalent damage range axes will have higher big number dps. People usually pay more for that because they do get to swing it faster in non double nado builds.
Pho, did u use cains set for para lvl 100? Friend keeps telling me to use Cains, but IK is just so useful for low mp farming!
View profile
I used a ruby in my helm for the only exp bonus from 0-100. I didnt try to do mp0 max exp/hr farm. I wanted to permawrath. I wanted to make use of the gear I spent time shopping for. Only thing I went back and forth on was whether to use a rare ring vs SOJ. I decided SOJ was much better.
Do u normally identify the legendaries or sell them unidentified?
I disagree with prisus about this. IMO you need 3 sources of LS for MP4+. I can't remember exactly how much hp/sec you need in MP4, I'm guessing its north of 10k hp/sec to be able to face roll with an adequate amount of EHP. You can find this on d3rawr.com/d. Add in all buffs and on the far right you will see the last drop down option is sustain or something. I look at the number vs elites.

Hmm...learn something everyday. I was under the impression that 5.5-6% lifesteal with good EHP was enough for higher MP at 120K+ DPS. I currently farm MP5/6 and have played no problemo in MP10? Hmm...now you got me thinkin' Pho...should I invest in a lifesteal mainhand as well??
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 2/6/2013 3:44 PM PST
View profile
@prisus

this comment is specific for his lvl of tdps. IMO its more important to look at the sustain on d3rawr than rely on guessing how many slots of LS for a given tdps. Higher you push MP the more sustain is required. There probably is a point at which diminishing returns start to kick in. All I can say is that with 20k hp/sec I do fine through MP10 with the exception of RD + bad elemental or succubus debuff.
Thanks for the last reply PhatPhoEater. I did some digging and may have confused myself using d3rawr. I was wondering if you could chime in at:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7811252766

Thanks as always.
Hi Phat,

Still looking at crit lacunis, the 4.5cc ones with 100+ combined str/vit seem to presently be going for 50-60mil (and above)...Do you think that is... overpriced?

Anyways, random thought about your own gear setup (which I've been thinking of since it does look appealing for me to aim at for in the long term). I've noticed you mention a few times that you consider crit mempos to be horrible value for money, and you'd personally delay getting one until other (cheaper) gear upgrades which bring comparable or better tdps improvements are all done. What if you went IK helm (with AR and high CC) and swapped your ring to a CC/IAS one instead? Helm cost would end up being 1/3 or 1/4 of a crit mempo. Drawback is you'd lose whatever CD you could otherwise have on your ring, unless you managed to snipe a trifecta with good avg dmg or rare gloves with more CD. Thoughts?
Edited by minori#1796 on 2/6/2013 5:21 PM PST
View profile
Because I prioritized CC>IAS>str/cd, losing CD will create the biggest loss to current tDPS. Conversely, adding even small amounts of str/CD will provide the biggest boost to tDPS. That's why I invested in that unity.

If I did the helm/ring swap you mention, I net gain some CC at the cost of 47CD. Without checking d3rawr, I'm guessing this will be a net tDPS loss. Trifecta rings with avg dam and str are close to BIS and are priced appropriately. You dont see a lot of these on AH.
Got it, thanks :)

Just curious, how much did you get that unity for? Looks pretty darn good!
View profile
Got it, thanks :)

Just curious, how much did you get that unity for? Looks pretty darn good!

Im so ashamed of the cost. 300m on bid. I figured since it was a bid, it was fair market price. I put in 301m and did not expect to win it since it was at 260m.
how much is it supposed to be then?
View profile
I dont know. I'm hoping since I got it on bid that it was fair market price. Seeing as how 5cc mempos are 500m+ and that this ring gave me a bigger tdps boost, I figured it wasn't a complete ripoff.

I just feel dirty having bought something so expensive. It was by far the most expensive piece I've purchased.
I agree with you that crtipo is not worth it in terms of dps / $. But since it is a must-go step toward end game gear I just have to follow the tide. Btw, nice thread phatpho, can you give some advice on my gear / overall setup?
also, how much is your cold soj?
MH with no elemental damage+ ls socket and cd or str. EF with low chance to fear and ls with socket.

I would not get a new MH since putting LS on it will require lower dps for the same cost. I would rather farm lower MP until you can get LS on the OH than get a MH with LS on it.

Your EF isn't terrible but the .23aps mod will make it quite expensive to hit 2.5aps. Since you already spent the gold on it you might as well use it because you probably wont sell it for more than you paid.

If you can, I would resell and get a cheap placeholder. This will save you from having to replace the MH. This MH can carry you until you can spend 100m on a new one, but you need LS on the OH.

EF like my female barb's cost around 1mil. str/LS/Crit without socket will cost around 10m. str/LS/socket will cost 30m+. Always shop for .24aps+.

Accessories should be str + avg damage + ias + cc+ cd if possible.

but would all be pretty pricey I suppose?

Lacuni with crit would be exp which is why i took ones with reduce melee damage first.
Gloves should be IAS/CC/CD/STR/All resists

Wrong on both gloves and jewelry. You dont have billions to spend I assume. Depending on your budget, I would only get 2 slots of IAS and get cc/cd ring/ammy like I already described. I never mentioned trifecta jewelry. These rings cost a few mil.

Gloves dont need to have AR or trifecta. You put AR on there because your set needs it. I prefer getting non crit mempo for the AR, but your CC is really low. If you get a mempo you will need to toss the SOJ and get a cc/cd ring x 2, drop IAS from gloves and go str/cc/cd. CC lacunis dont have to be expensive. They run as low as 1.5mil, last I checked.

You need to get more CC otherwise you wont permawrath.

I like the hp now though.

I do have 100m to spend atm.

So I suppose my priority is to get a nice MH with first as a priority.
What's the price range like for a 100m MH or OH

currently 8.4% life steal with oh bloodthirst and ik belt should be sufficient.

Rest is I need to add up my ias to get 2.5 aps if possible.

I made some more adjustments and got a cheap oh echo.

Do correct me if I am wrong for the bench mark for a sucessful TD Barb

500 AR. 5000 armor. 500 dex for 20% dodge 50k hp. 30% CC from gear.

Accessories IAS + CC+ CD

2.5aps with a strong MH with 600-1200 damage. and echo +0.24aps
Add as much Crit Damage as possible.

Life Steal about 8% until i get enough DPS to faceroll everything in the MP.

oh btw: is a hellfire ring worth it while i farm up to paragon lvl 100 before I upgrade everything.
Edited by SpeedWeed#1329 on 2/7/2013 12:56 AM PST
@prisus

this comment is specific for his lvl of tdps. IMO its more important to look at the sustain on d3rawr than rely on guessing how many slots of LS for a given tdps. Higher you push MP the more sustain is required. There probably is a point at which diminishing returns start to kick in. All I can say is that with 20k hp/sec I do fine through MP10 with the exception of RD + bad elemental or succubus debuff.

Yeah..i went back and read what I wrote...and it was some verbose crap lol. I actually was trying to say the same thing you were. The problem with his gear was that swtich out pieces would lower his DPS meaning LS would not be as functional. (i.e. he would have to stack 3 slots like you were saying). The small luxury he had was that he actually had a decent amount of LoH to "cover the gap" while transition to LS. That's all I was trying to say...but yes i would agree completely with what your rec was..
I just feel dirty having bought something so expensive. It was by far the most expensive piece I've purchased.

Lmao! Screw this BMW...i'm happy with my high-gas mileage Toyota Corrolla. :D
I dont know. I'm hoping since I got it on bid that it was fair market price. Seeing as how 5cc mempos are 500m+ and that this ring gave me a bigger tdps boost, I figured it wasn't a complete ripoff.

I recently got myself a Unity. It's not quite as bangin' as yours but it's decent:

34-63 Avg Damage
164 Str
34% CD
4.5% CC
303 LOH
4% BvE

I got it for 40m, but I'm pretty damn sure that was under-priced.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]