Diablo® III

Phat's budget Double Nado and gear reference

@Punxx

Quick question...how rough is that extra fire damage at higher MP? I assume it's atrocious, but never really tested any of it. I seriously can't even imagine health link molten desecrators!

Just wondering...
Anyone that understands Phats reference to tDPS, I'm assuming this number means total dps, but where do you get the number from?
So I found my current IK gloves last night and am trying to decide if I should lose the all res from my old gloves to hit the next breakpoint. My res will drop down to around 490-500 (currently in my farming set).
@Prisus
@Punxx

Quick question...how rough is that extra fire damage at higher MP? I assume it's atrocious, but never really tested any of it. I seriously can't even imagine health link molten desecrators!

Just wondering...

The extra damage is pretty ridiculous at higher mp's. In fact, it is the major reason why I don't like to farm (exp/items) higher than mp4. At mp4, my life flickers a little bit on molten, not desecrator, but when you add health link into the mix, it gets so bad that I have to move in and out of packs and hunt for health globes. Not fun at all.

In fact the only reason I'm currently using it is because it makes mp4 super efficient, yet reasonably manageable sustain-wise. I already have a non-CC Mempo to replace it with, as well as that Unity I mentioned, but I'm holding off on equipping them until I get a better MH (already have another OH). It puts me in a bit of a position, Mempo allows me to do higher mp but the weapons make it inefficient so I'm stuck where I am for the moment. I'm still hunting for that elusive MH.

When all is said and done, I probably wouldn't recommend Andy's to anyone unless it gets them to a point where it's efficient yet manageable, but even then, it's pretty damn annoying.

@LordZeus
02/07/2013 08:40 AMPosted by LordZeus
Anyone that understands Phats reference to tDPS, I'm assuming this number means total dps, but where do you get the number from?

tDPS is a measurement which I assume means total DPS. It's the measurement used by www.d3rawr.com/d to show the actual, non-paper, DPS for a given build/gear set. For whereas DPS factors in only your buffed damage on your main attack (cleave, bash, etc...), tDPS shows your total damage for your combined skills (WW, Sprint, etc...) with or without passive or active buffs.

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, I always thought you used d3rawr, so maybe I'm missing something.
Edited by Punxx#1191 on 2/7/2013 8:55 AM PST
02/07/2013 08:40 AMPosted by LordZeus

tDPS is True DPS or the real DPS against whatever mob you are facing. tDPS vs Elites seems to be the real key to efficient farming.

You can check yours by importing your profile on either d3rawr.com or d3up.com
@The guys talking about Andy's helms:

You can get one w/all resist on it. It won't have to socket, but w/the exp buff on the next patch I personally wasn't planning on keeping the ruby in my helm, and maybe with a pair of ice climbers for that life % mempo's have, maybe it'd pretty much make up the life difference.

Thanks Punxx and Prisus on the explanation
Edited by LordZeus#1756 on 2/7/2013 8:57 AM PST
02/07/2013 08:50 AMPosted by Punxx
When all is said and done, I probably wouldn't recommend Andy's to anyone unless it gets them to a point where it's efficient yet manageable, but even then, it's pretty damn annoying.

Yeah I that's what I figured. I have seen barbs that have upwards of +22% damage and it seriously BLOWS MY MIND.

Was just curious... Thanks for the insight.

02/07/2013 08:40 AMPosted by xxxkan
So I found my current IK gloves last night and am trying to decide if I should lose the all res from my old gloves to hit the next breakpoint. My res will drop down to around 490-500 (currently in my farming set).

Personally I am not a fan of switching to upgrades that will reduce All res unless i can mitigate that loss on another piece of gear. All it will really get you is the ability to farm your current MP level faster...but it doesn't really move you up in the world...

The key to moving up is constantly upgrading pieces to get into the next MP. To me that usually means adding EHP stats. DPS seems to be less of an issue at higher MP (after a certain amount) and EHP becomes king.

I would keep the AR gloves until you find a way to balance that on other gear. 400-500 total all res seems low. Hell I don't even like mine (580 something with set bonus). I would like to get to 600-700 but it's becoming super tricky.
02/07/2013 08:50 AMPosted by Punxx
'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, I always thought you used d3rawr, so maybe I'm missing something.

It prolly is what im lookinng for but I've only really used d3rawr 5 or 6 times and even then I didnt pay much attention to any of the other numbers/tabs, just the green number that i showed what my paper dps would become.
Edited my above post to answer the same thing that Prisus mentioned.\ about tDPS.

@LordZeus re: Andy's
I agree that the AR helm might be an option, the reason I use it with a socket is so that I can pop an MF gem in there to get an extra 29% MF. This isn't a lot but with the current state of my weapons, mp5 is slightly too inefficient for me to farm yet with that gem I get mp5 calibre drops while being able to do the more efficient mp4.

That's all going to change when I finally get a proper main-hand weapon.

I'm also not sure how much the AR would mitigate the % extra fire on the Andy's.
You can get one w/all resist on it. It won't have to socket, but w/the exp buff on the next patch I personally wasn't planning on keeping the ruby in my helm, and maybe with a pair of ice climbers for that life % mempo's have, maybe it'd pretty much make up the life difference.

Hmm...I've never actually seen an all res one? Anyone know of a barb that has one equipped? I think the 18% vit bonus would be a gigantic loss (no socket) to EHP that no gearing could make up for. (unless you stack life %?) I don't know...seems like a risky proposition for not being able to roll a full 6% crit like a mempo can.

Very interesting though. I would be curious to know if anyone has actually done this. The biggest issue i have with the Andy's is that it basically negates a percentage of your AR mitigation...and I also don't trust that X% fire damage affix. Sometimes I feel like it does WAY more than the percentage it states. (At least when I hear about it from people that actually use them)
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 2/7/2013 9:04 AM PST
Looked at d3rawr just now and don't see a tDPS number? Phat says his tDPS is somewhere between 1.7-1.9 mil or something so I'm just wondering how he got that number?

on Andys, last night I picked one up for 1.5mil, 9%, 4.5%, all res around 75? (it was in the 70's I'm pretty sure) and the fire % was only 9 or so. And with the nerf to molten coming up? I think its something that may be worth the 1.5m just to have in stash to try out. Its much cheaper than that 4.5 CC mempo ;-)
Prisus: add me in game and I'll link u mine, or u can just search em on the AH, they can have up to 80AR. But they will not have a socket.
02/07/2013 09:07 AMPosted by LordZeus
Prisus: add me in game and I'll link u mine, or u can just search em on the AH, they can have up to 80AR. But they will not have a socket.

Correct, Andy's only gets 1 random roll.

And LordZeus. Once you've got your profile up, on the left side there are some drop down boxes, look for tDPS and tDPS vs. Elites and check the numbers on the left for your set. That should do it.

02/07/2013 09:03 AMPosted by Prisus
n...and I also don't trust that X% fire damage affix. Sometimes I feel like it does WAY more than the percentage it states. (At least when I hear about it from people that actually use them)

This. I totally feel like sometimes it does a TON more damage than it should. In fact the majority of my deaths are from this underestimation of just how bad it can get. By the time you realize you're in trouble, it's usually too late.
another thing i just noticed and remembered, not only is molten getting nerfed, but poison is getting buffed, and andy's come with that extra poison resist.

I also just looked at ice climbers, they can roll with an extra resist too, so you could get that with fire resist as well. Of course your health may not be as much as it would be w/a mempo with that life% and the socketed life%, but I feel anything over 50k is pretty much not ever used or needed.

and these are just things I have thought about, not trying to say they are the concrete truth ya know?
Edited by LordZeus#1756 on 2/7/2013 9:24 AM PST
i got the tdps now, I never clicked on the detailed info option
Question....as you use WW, does it constantly switch attacks between weapons?
I'm not a fan of andy's at any MP higher than 3. MIssing the AR or the life% that mempo provides is difficult to replace if you are trying to maximize dps. It seems counterintuitive but there are enough places to stack CC that you dont need it on the helm. There aren't enough slots for cheap AR or life%.
Edited by PhatPhoEater#1370 on 2/7/2013 1:35 PM PST
Thank you Phat!
I after a little adjustment, i am hitting 1m tdps and 1.3m tdps vs elite!

thanks!
Thank you Phat!
I after a little adjustment, i am hitting 1m tdps and 1.3m tdps vs elite!

thanks!

Good job. Where did your tDPS v elites start? You probably need another bit of cc to make permawrath face roll easy.

02/07/2013 01:34 PMPosted by Trollnan
Question....as you use WW, does it constantly switch attacks between weapons?

yes
Hey Phat, once again thanks for all your help with picking out the right gear. I have a follow up question. I have about 7 mil to spend right now, and I was wondering if that is enough to buy gear that will push me into farming higher MP levels. Can I improve my character enough at this point by spending ~1 mil per piece to make a difference, or should I continue farming and making more cash first? Also, what specifically should I look out for (certain stats on pieces, or specific sets/legendaries)?

Thanks in advance.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]