Diablo® III

Phat's budget Double Nado and gear reference

Thank you pho. This post alone helped me change how I build budget sets.
I know you don't like what I do, but I look up to you and appreciate everything you do for the barb community.

I don't know why you feel this way. My post in your thread was pointing out weaknesses, nothing more, nothing less.
Amazing write up. What you've been doing with helping people out and the community in general is very commendable.

props to you.

Garthandal as well helps alot of ppl out, tho his comments can sometimes be a bit patronizing lol.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Pho. Excellent thread. Seems I need to get my hands on 14% ias :)
My respects to Phat.
By listening to Phat, I was able to save over 150mil just on my weapon upgrade. He definitely knows his gears!
Nice work! Overall well written thread.

I like the section on tDPS which I felt was very well written and theorycrafted by Lorenze previously (unfortunately no longer maintained). If you're up to it, maybe you can start a section on Raw DPS / tDPS ranking numbers to illustrate this.
Edited by DAKKON#6113 on 1/12/2013 5:50 PM PST
This has been really helpful. I bought a couple of cheap Echoing Fury's to play with today and I think it's going to become my standard OH.
Nice work! Overall well written thread.

I like the section on tDPS which I felt was very well written and theorycrafted by Lorenze previously (unfortunately no longer maintained). If you're up to it, maybe you can start a section on Raw DPS / tDPS ranking numbers to illustrate this.

Thank you.

My only hesitation of keeping some tDPS ranking is that my thread was meant for low to mid budget barbs. While it's nice to have a target to reach for like the top geared barbs, trying to emulate their gear with budgets 1/10th the size can be big waste of gold. I'm sure you've seen plenty of WH/Inna's glass cannons.

I do compare my fully buffed tDPS vs some of the barbs on various lists and am happy to see that I'm not that far off having spent a lot less gold.
Phat, what's the total cost of your current gear?
~800m without gems. gloves and helm excluded. those were drops.
Heya,

Very nice and informative post. I have playeed WW for time now, and all of what you says makes sense.

As a matter of interest, could you give me any advice on my barb (Boris) for some DPS increases?

I really am at a loss, as everything I look at gives me minor upgrades, but makes him weaker in some way. I bought a 15m EF, but my dagger just seemed better (EF did not have LS and my dagger has alot of base stats).

Anyhoo, any advice and direction would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
TIL that crappy EF i got from a drop a month ago has a purpose.

i can perma-wrath now. fun :)
Nice Post Phat! Coming from a WW purist this should help many out
01/13/2013 06:57 AMPosted by BigBaller

I am new to the game. And after watching a friend of mine play a Barb decided to switch. Just read the post which was very knowledgeable. Once I hit level 60 I definitely have something to work on.

I know this is off topic, but I looked at the gear from the quote above and was wondering what it would take to get gear like that. 500mil?
Heya,

Very nice and informative post. I have playeed WW for time now, and all of what you says makes sense.

As a matter of interest, could you give me any advice on my barb (Boris) for some DPS increases?

I really am at a loss, as everything I look at gives me minor upgrades, but makes him weaker in some way. I bought a 15m EF, but my dagger just seemed better (EF did not have LS and my dagger has alot of base stats).

Anyhoo, any advice and direction would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

fully buffed with opks, br, wrath:
tdps vs elites:819k (924k with enchantress)
aps: 1.97/2.46
sustain: 19k hp/sec
ehp+dodge: 890k
http://www.d3rawr.com/d-e3z1M

unbuffed paper: 109k

I assume you are 3ias away from 2.0/2.5 because you use enchantress. If you play in a group for ubers, you will be losing quite a bit of tDPS. I look at this issue like warcry, which you dont use. If your ehp/sustain is good enough therre is something else that can do more dps, like opks. Same with aps. I'd rather hit bp on gear and use scoundrel for cc bonus.

Other things I'm noticing is that you have a monster vit roll on OH. This can be dangerous. In fact, you have a lot of ehp tied up on that hellfire and glove. Squeezing more dps out of these slots will be close to BIS and cost billion+.

The reason significant upgrades are going to cost in the 500m-1billion range is also because there is no where else to stack dps mods. Lacunis is the only slot left. Maintaining ehp with CC is probably around a billion? my ar/cc lacunis were 175m. This is due to how you arranged your stats. Dropping LS on mh would help put crit on there for around 100m. Dropping vit from OH would let you had crit. Those will be the easiest tDPS upgrades. You will keep the sustain up with more tDPS even with less LS.

Using my set as an example, Im at 1.4m tdps vs all and 1.8m vs elites. My upgrades will cost the same as yours, but i'm higher up the dps ladder. In my set a 1k dps dagger with 200str/200 crit cannot outperform my EF. If I squeezed in a couple more slots of IAS, maybe it would, but then I'm in trifecta territory.

IF you swapped to ef OH, lacunis/trifecta gloves, and new MH you'd probably be at 1.23m tDPS but at a big ehp loss. This means dropping LS and adding crit to MH, EF with str/socket/crit/0.25aps, and adding 9ias to gloves. This might cost 200m.

if you just upped your MH and somehow found an OH with same dps, some vit and got 300str/200crit your tdps would be 1.08m. I can't even guess how much a perfect OH dagger like that would cost.

SOJ is very strong in this gear level. YOu'd lose either hellfire ehp or ias on rare ring. if you're interested in seeing tdps v elite #s let me know. I would strongly consider this option.
01/13/2013 07:07 AMPosted by rmccau7514

I am new to the game. And after watching a friend of mine play a Barb decided to switch. Just read the post which was very knowledgeable. Once I hit level 60 I definitely have something to work on.

I know this is off topic, but I looked at the gear from the quote above and was wondering what it would take to get gear like that. 500mil?

BigBaller's helm costs more than 500m.
PhatPhoEater is great!

Using his advice, I am slowly working myself to hit that 2.5 atk speed breakpoint. Once I switch out my gloves for 8%IAS and a new ammy, I should be good!

The EH by far was the hardest thing to find in my searches. I had to buy the helm and bracers first. Kinda by chance, I found this EH on the AH but instantly bought it out. Most of the lower tier EH with LS/socket/strength did not have anywhere close to .24 atk speed.

I've probably only got 20ish mill left so that will all be spent on gloves.
Hey Phat, read your OP and thought that you might be able to help me out on my barb. The only catch here is that I want to gear up using only Rares, no Legendaries (kind of a self-imposed handicap). Check out my gear and let me know what you think. All of my gear was bought for around 1+ mil so I know there's some room for improvement.
Edited by SWaxSchmoo#1356 on 1/13/2013 10:51 AM PST
01/13/2013 10:49 AMPosted by SWaxSchmoo
Hey Phat, read your OP and thought that you might be able to help me out on my barb. The only catch here is that I want to gear up using only Rares, no Legendaries (kind of a self-imposed handicap). Check out my gear and let me know what you think. All of my gear was bought for around 1+ mil so I know there's some room for improvement.

Depends on the budget. First thing I would change is your OH. With your current IAS on gear, a 1.5 dagger would hit 2.5 fully buffed. This will go a long ways to help keep wrath up. I would get LS, str, crit, socket.

An ias axe mH will also get you to 2.23 with your current gear. you are at 2.21. It might be cheaper to add 2ias than getting a big damage ias axe with stats.

STacking AR on all your dps slots, jewelry/gloves will make it impossible to add any more dps.

good luck.
Thanks, I was thinking around 5-10 mil per piece. The idea of the volatility of obsolete gear makes me shudder...and so far I've been able to weather the swings because of my low price points. I've been thinking about switching for a dagger OH, but I haven't been able to find a suitable one. The OH i'm using now is just a remnant of when I used it as a MH a while back.

I'm still playing around with AR and armor and seeing what suits me best in mp3-mp5. Ideally, I'd like to load up on more crit damage but from a utility perspective, IAS and crit chance suit me better. I'd love to find some way to ditch AR on my other DPS slots.

Thanks for the tips!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]