Diablo® III

Phat's budget Double Nado and gear reference

I'm guessing you can do mp2 quickly. 7m probably wont push you into the next MP for speed farm but it will be doable. I would save a bit more and get a bigger MH. 650-1200 damage, socket, 200+str.

I don't like to give advice for a budget you dont have, but you should look to add a second dps mod to your OH ring. Try to get bigger vit on your armor pieces so you can drop it all from jewelry and add 30-60dam, 70str and 2 dps mods, usually cc and IAS or CD. I would not stack more IAS until you start approaching 800k tdps fully buffed. This is an arbitrary cutoff but I've found budget builds can get there fairly easily with only hitting 2.23 aps.
XANDER
Hey Phat and fellow babarians

I wish to further improve my barb, however i do not know how i should go about. Can anyone advise me. i have a budget of about 30 - 40m.

40m isnt going to get you much dps boost. an EF with str/socket/LS will only get you dps from the str since you have 100crit on there already.

IMO you need to start working on getting vit on shoulders/belt/boots. This will let you take the vit off your ring so you can use an SOJ. Part of using an SOJ will be to find nother slot of IAS. Non cc mempo is a good alternative since it will retain hp/ar and only drop 4cc which you can afford to drop.

Hi Phat, thank you for sharing. I have a better understanding now. So I should get a non-crit Mempo and replace one of my ring to give me more dps? In your opinion, should i get a ring with average dmg, CD and CC or SOJ? I dont know if SOJ will benefit me or not as my MH is a SK with holy dmg? i read it in forum that SOJ should be use with black damage weap?

Its a question as i am not sure myself.

I am still shopping/farming for IK belt with vit. but i cant decide which gear should go first. it seems belt is cheapest to get it changed though.
It looks like I'm in the 3.5-6 mil per piece price range at this point for upgrades. So I decided to upgrade my gems instead (it was cheaper) and then save up. It wound up giving me a higher DPS increase than a 6 mil MH I was thinking of buying would have. I'll keep those tips in mind for later though. Thanks.

Edit: Is the tDPS number on d3rawr with full buffs up or unbuffed?
Edited by Telrex#1373 on 2/7/2013 5:17 PM PST
Hey Phat, I read on some other post about the MH= mace and OH=EF with 0.24aps.

I plan on switching to that and i have a budget of ~110m. For that combo, is 2.5aps for both hands the target? or 2.23?

I looked on d3rawr it says my curretny tDPS is only 440k. Is that weak? I can farm MP4-5 no problem.

Thanks!

I plan on switching to that and i have a budget of ~110m. For that combo, is 2.5aps for both hands the target? or 2.23?

I looked on d3rawr it says my curretny tDPS is only 440k. Is that weak? I can farm MP4-5 no problem.

Thanks!

When you say no problem, does that mean you don't die? Or you can do it efficiently (ie: 10-15mins max). I imagine it's the former. Furthermore, did you make sure that you were checking the numbers with your active skills (WotB, Battle Rage, and OPKS if you use it)? I'm guessing you checked it unbuffed which doesn't represent the numbers accurately since many people permawrath.
Yeah I mean I dont die. My runs are generally longer, I do Skycrown-Core-Damned-Cursed-Keeps1to3-Arreat2-Bridge to Rakkis- then to Stonefort.

It takes me 45 min. Am I supposed to skip some routes?
I've completed a few upgrades. Any chance you could take a look again?
XANDER
So I should get a non-crit Mempo and replace one of my ring to give me more dps? In your opinion, should i get a ring with average dmg, CD and CC or SOJ? I dont know if SOJ will benefit me or not as my MH is a SK with holy dmg? i read it in forum that SOJ should be use with black damage weap?

Check d3rawr and see how an 5/28 soj would perform vs 30-60, 70str, 35cd, 4.5cc ring over your OH ring. I was surprised at how effective the soj was with a SK in my set.

After looking at your set again. YOu need more vit not life%. zero vit belt/boots. low vit pants/shoulder. I would flip all gems to vit before doing the mempo. I still think you need the mempo for IAS and AR. using innas requires a slot of full AR, not 50. aR on helm will also let you drdop ar from gloves to go trifecta.

TELREX
It looks like I'm in the 3.5-6 mil per piece price range at this point for upgrades. So I decided to upgrade my gems instead (it was cheaper) and then save up. It wound up giving me a higher DPS increase than a 6 mil MH I was thinking of buying would have. I'll keep those tips in mind for later though. Thanks.

Edit: Is the tDPS number on d3rawr with full buffs up or unbuffed?

I find it hard to believe 50str boost from gems would outperform the MH i described. tDPS/aps are always buffed.

STARK

IMO that combo is great for that budget. APS numbers are fully buffed and ideally should hit 2.5aps on both weapons.

Your ar is low. If you want to push MP and be able to drop warcry, I would look for another non glove/jewelry slot for AR. Im not a fan of innas with zero vit because it forces you into another slot of AR and you also lose a big vit roll on pants. I put AR on bracers. It is expensive. If you don't have the bankroll to do inna/IC properly, you really shouldnt do it. Your set will work in mid MP but won't in high MP.
02/08/2013 04:25 AMPosted by evilstib
I've completed a few upgrades. Any chance you could take a look again?

I dont know where you got the hp from but it looks tolerable. Belt/helm? 40k hp is probably ok for mid mp,but you will still need more if you want to push into higher MP and not have to kite.

Use d3rawr and put a big mace mh with same socket gem and 50crit or 200 str. This weapon is about 10mil. It will probably be nice upgrade, but always check d3rawr.
So I was wondering... 260+ str mempo vs 3-3.5%cc. Paper dps wise it's about the same, but I am not sure about tdps. High str is also much cheaper so money saved can be used towards other upgrades.
02/08/2013 10:24 PMPosted by xxxkan
So I was wondering... 260+ str mempo vs 3-3.5%cc. Paper dps wise it's about the same, but I am not sure about tdps. High str is also much cheaper so money saved can be used towards other upgrades.

I'm guessing it will also be similar tdps boost. Once you approach 30cc on gear, adding more does less for you. My str and CD are lagging compared to CC so even small additions of them make a significant difference. I dropped 14 str from my shoulders and my tdps dropped 10k. I may actually consider getting a big str mempo too.
Probably more worth it for big str for me since its about 50m for a big str one I assume and 3-4cc is probably 250m. I could save 200m and upgrade my IK chest to 200 vit one.

Edit: Just checked a 3.5 cc mempo is about 5-6k more tdps than a 250 str mempo.
Edited by xxxkan#1130 on 2/8/2013 11:16 PM PST
Hey Phat, I have a lot of respect for you for logging on and helping people sort out their gear problems and was hoping you could do the same for me. I have been trying to raise my breakpoints by updating a few pieces and adding more attack speed. Am I at the point now where I would benefit from an EF in the OH? If so, what stats (I have been looking at str/ls/os/.24aps+)?

I also hear you talking about damage ranges sometimes. If i were to get an EF for my OH what would be a good range to look for? Does my MH look ok?

My main goal for now is to be able to farm the mid mps without too much trouble. My budget is only around 30m at the moment, but any kind of gearing advice would be greatly appreciated!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/massacre-1617/hero/17177297
Bought my current mempo for 45.1m bid before I went to bed last night. Paper dps wise its about the same as a crit mempo, Now I can save up 230-240m less for a 200+ vit IK chest.

Not 100% pleased with it because it lacked a 2nd resist. There was one for 40m buyout but only 8% ias, so i got picky lol.
Edited by xxxkan#1130 on 2/9/2013 9:29 AM PST
Phat, I'm a 2p Blackthornes barb and I need 7% ias to hit 2.5 buffed aps.
I think my options are (IK gloves with 150str and 7% ias) or (Innas with 150 vit and 8% ias).
Could you recommend what I do?

I know I need 12% more movespeed and I have a pair of IK boots that I use to farm lower MPs.
Any general gearing advice would be helpful too!
Edited by PicklesJr#1158 on 2/9/2013 10:33 AM PST
PICKLES
Phat, I'm a 2p Blackthornes barb and I need 7% ias to hit 2.5 buffed aps.
I think my options are (IK gloves with 150str and 7% ias) or (Innas with 150 vit and 8% ias).
Could you recommend what I do?

Are you a double tornado? let me know before I spend too much time looking over your set. With just a cursory glance, your AR is not good enough currently or with Innas to do higher MP. You will lose a lot of vit when you drop your BT2 set.

I would never buy a 7ias item. I would only every buy an 8ias item.

MASSACRE
Hey Phat, I have a lot of respect for you for logging on and helping people sort out their gear problems and was hoping you could do the same for me. I have been trying to raise my breakpoints by updating a few pieces and adding more attack speed. Am I at the point now where I would benefit from an EF in the OH? If so, what stats (I have been looking at str/ls/os/.24aps+)?

I also hear you talking about damage ranges sometimes. If i were to get an EF for my OH what would be a good range to look for? Does my MH look ok?

My main goal for now is to be able to farm the mid mps without too much trouble. My budget is only around 30m at the moment, but any kind of gearing advice would be greatly appreciated!

30mil will not be put you at fast mp5 farm. You might get close with fast mp4 farm but probably not. OH EF damage range is not important. They start in the 700s and that is fine. I put you into d3rawr and buffing with opks, wrath, br you hit 648k tdps v elites. Putting in my EF with str/crit/socket and a 70crit gem for 121 total crit you get 772k for a 19% boost. The challenge is finding this EF at the price I paid, 20m.

You are in the gear level where dropping to 2 slots of IAS to hit 2.23 might make sense. It will give you higher tdps at lower cost. Fury gen wont be faceroll-easy, but perfectly tolerable. You also might consider dropping a ring for soj and swapping ammy to cd/cc.

Switching to 30-60, 130str, 50cd, 8.5 cc ammy puts you at 779k, swapping your ias ring to a 5/28 soj puts you at 919k v elites. This is solidly in fast MP4 farm territory. If you go with a cc/cd ring instead of SOJ you get to 823k vs all with a 30-60, 70str, 4.5cc, 30cd ring. These numbers are with an EF like mine.

Your MH is ok since you got such a big cd roll. Having LS on there will let you get CD on your OH EF instead of LS but when it comes to MH upgrade time, you will have to make sure only getting LS on belt/passive will be sufficient. That means your sustain v elites will have to be over 15k hp/sec. I'm guessing that will require a tdps v elites of 1.3mil+

the DPS stuff is easy. Your problem will probably be EHP. I'm not a fan of big vit/ar on rings since putting another dps on there will be very expensive. I would strongly consider getting a rare chest with less str, same vit/sockets and 60ar+. I'd rather push my on gear ehp higher so i could drop warcry for opks. all the numbers i provided above are with no warcry and adding opks.
Edited by PhatPhoEater#1370 on 2/9/2013 12:25 PM PST
Thanks a ton for the input, I will definitely follow the advice!
Phat is baws.
I have been farming on MP8, though based on some of the numbers I'm reading here that doesn't seem to be efficient (around 866k tdps fully buffed). I typically use a Non-crit Mempos (180 str, 80 AR, AS 9%) with a different crit ring, but started experimenting with the IK triumph I have equipped (with an AS ring to keep me over 2.5 buffed) after a fortunate drop just to compare my current setup vs the IK set bonus addition. Overall the tdps with either setup seemed similar, though I think I prefer Mempo. Didn't plan for and am not bound to the IK set, just happened to end up with 4 pieces (chest bought, gloves dropped, belt cheap, boots cheap). Anyway...

The above potential gear switching aside, I am thinking my next upgrades would be saving up for a bigger purchase - mainly bigger dps MH, followed by an amulet upgrade and not touching any other upgrades in the interim. Any thoughts?

As always , thanks for your help.
The above potential gear switching aside, I am thinking my next upgrades would be saving up for a bigger purchase - mainly bigger dps MH, followed by an amulet upgrade and not touching any other upgrades in the interim. Any thoughts?

that ik helm is the only other non mempo i would consider. Only problem with IK helm is that you have to make up the ias slot somewhere else. I prefer an SOJ on one ring slot, so that does leave another slot of IAS on the other ring. Problem is that the way I build sets, I prioritize CD last so i like to use that last slot for cc/cd instead of ias/cc because you cant make up the CD anywhere else.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]