Diablo® III

Phat's budget Double Nado and gear reference

you should check out my setup, an tell me how you like it, very efficient on low mp's keeps zerk like a boss
View profile
02/10/2013 02:28 AMPosted by borb
you should check out my setup, an tell me how you like it, very efficient on low mp's keeps zerk like a boss

No offense, but keeping wrath at low mp is only possible with low dps. My 500k test sets are able to permawrath on mp1.
hi phat, I am indeed a WW barb. I think I had my uber build on when you last looked. I have my high mp build on now.
Eyeing this ring right now... i lose 3k hp for 25k tdp buffed. Decisions...
I assume its not a great time to upgrade amulets now considering the new craftable ones seem to roll some insane stats.
View profile
PICKLES
Phat, I'm a 2p Blackthornes barb and I need 7% ias to hit 2.5 buffed aps.
I think my options are (IK gloves with 150str and 7% ias) or (Innas with 150 vit and 8% ias).
Could you recommend what I do?

I know I need 12% more movespeed and I have a pair of IK boots that I use to farm lower MPs.
Any general gearing advice would be helpful too!

I dont like Innas if the IC you pair them with have low str/vit stats. I like 300+ combined stats unless you have MS IC. Otherwise, your vit will tank and it will be hard to bring it back up. I also think going without AR on your pants will limit your ability to do higher MP unless you use warcry. If you can get AR on another slot to get over 500, you can probably drop WC. I put it on my bracers, but anywhere that's left will cost a lot of gold.

IMO 24 ms is necessary in mid and high mP when you get the tdps to make farming efficient. I think a proper inna/ic combo with lacunis is good if you have the vit/ar elsewhere and rare pant/big stat ik boots/big stat MS IC with lacunis are also good. Even vit inna/big stat ik boots are good but i cant give up the ias of lacunis.

I still dont like the idea of getting a piece with 7ias. this destroys resell value and forces you to get a .24aps+ ef in the future. I would only ever get ik gloves if they were trifecta and the last gloves i ever bought. I would consider getting an ik chest to retain ik2 and get rare trifecta gloves.

xxxkan
I assume its not a great time to upgrade amulets now considering the new craftable ones seem to roll some insane stats.

It probably isnt worth upgrading to BIS ammys yet, but a good ammy like mine without the vit is still a good idea. Just like hellfires, ammy crafting will require a long time for anything useful to roll.

WRT your ring question, I always look at what I can get for a similar price for other slot upgrades. An example from my set was a crit mempo or the unity ring I bought. The unity gave me the same tdps boost as a 5cc mempo at around half the cost. Similarly, new gloves will probably give the same boost as a 4cc mempo at half the cost. I also prefer to look at the %tdps upgrade.

edit: shout out to xxkan who brought up the idea of big str mempos. I got this one and it was the same tdps boost as a 3cc mempo but at a fraction of the price! 2mil tdps v elites.
Edited by PhatPhoEater#1370 on 2/11/2013 7:22 AM PST
Hey Phat,

Thanks for this great resource. Been trying to follow your good advice on gear and build. Could you give my current gear a look? Amulet I know could improve, but it's picked as a compromise to gain some magic find. Having a problem holding permawrath at MP1 which seems a good level for me. I suspect it's just me still learning how to play the build but would appreciate any feedback you might add.
View profile
Hey Phat,

Thanks for this great resource. Been trying to follow your good advice on gear and build. Could you give my current gear a look? Amulet I know could improve, but it's picked as a compromise to gain some magic find. Having a problem holding permawrath at MP1 which seems a good level for me. I suspect it's just me still learning how to play the build but would appreciate any feedback you might add.

I like the set. Only things I would change is the helm/ammy/weapons.

Helm absolutely needs a socket. There is no way around this. You probably dont need the AR on the helm at low mp.

I would drop the ias and add cd to the ammy. I'm not a fan of relying on jewelry for vit. YOu can get a 30-60, 120str, 50cd, 8.5cc ammy for under 10m. That would be amassive tdps boost. You'd have to figure out where you make up the lost vit since you'd need it to push mp with all that new tdps. non cc mempo would be a great place to pick up the AR/hp.

Your MH damage range is too low and the str is too low. I would put the LS on the EF and stack more damage on the MH. You can find str, LS, crit EFs for around 10m.

I would drop animosity for bloodhtirst and try mp2. your tdps is too high for permawrath on mp1.

edit: I should add that I prefer to only get 2.23 aps with this level of gear since it lets you get higher tdps for cheaper by stacking cd, instead of ias. However, since you already have the gear, its a waste to replace pieces for a small tdps boost.
Edited by PhatPhoEater#1370 on 2/11/2013 8:06 AM PST
Hey Phat,

Not Phat...but

Looking at your gear, I would make an attempt first to sure up your EHP pieces (shoulders, chest, legs and some combo of boots/belt). Your weakest EHP piece imo is your shoulders which could use quite an improvement in vit. Tbh the mathematics on MF are kind of odd. A lot of barbs are avoiding stacking MF only because it is technically an "unproven" stat for the most part. Also, the extra stat you can get in place of MP might allow you to farm faster. Farming faster = more loot (with or without MF). In the long run you might consider moving away from MF.

I also looked up your d3rawr stats and you are at 2.6 buffed. You can lose the IAS on your neck and replace it with CD and still remain at 2.5 buffed (where you want to be). I would at least get a basic one that has CC,CD plus whatever bonus stats you can find (vit,str, whatever). The 5% IAS is wasted on the neck and doesn't really affect your tDPS because you're already at your breakpoint.

On another note, I would consider moving away from the Andy's helm. I only say this because it is a piece that a lot of barbs build around and then end up regretting. That +fire damage affix really hurts in higher MPs and negates a percentage of your AR (meaning you would have to stack even more of it).

You should have no problem permawrathing with you current skill set and your whirlwind ratios. A little more crit on gear wouldn't hurt. However, since your AR is more than enough for MP1, consider switching out WC:impunity for OP:Killing Spree. The extra crit should help you proc more fury in mobs. The only thing is that you might be melting mobs too quickly. With that AR you should be able to hit MP2 after replacing your shoulders no problemo.

Good luck barb brother!

Edit: OH yeah...and what the guy above me said too! lmao :D
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 2/11/2013 8:08 AM PST
It probably isnt worth upgrading to BIS ammys yet, but a good ammy like mine without the vit is still a good idea. Just like hellfires, ammy crafting will require a long time for anything useful to roll.

WRT your ring question, I always look at what I can get for a similar price for other slot upgrades. An example from my set was a crit mempo or the unity ring I bought. The unity gave me the same tdps boost as a 5cc mempo at around half the cost. Similarly, new gloves will probably give the same boost as a 4cc mempo at half the cost. I also prefer to look at the %tdps upgrade.

edit: shout out to xxkan who brought up the idea of big str mempos. I got this one and it was the same tdps boost as a 3cc mempo but at a fraction of the price! 2mil tdps v elites.

Glad the idea helped!

I figured out that my limiting factor right now for upgrades would be my gloves and ring. Losing my atk speed from ring would bring me down a breakpoint. Not to mention trifecta gloves with res cost way too much lol.

Edit: Just bought a new ammy similar to phats for 15m. Was looking at a crit damage + socket EF for 77m which would have gave me 15k more tdps, but would drop my hp to 50k which I feel uncomfortable with lol.
Edited by xxxkan#1130 on 2/11/2013 11:42 AM PST
Phat and Prisus,

Thanks so much for the advice.

Have replaced my helm with a Mempo's for 1.3m and a amulet as recommended for .86m (feel like the amulet was a real find)

Now to find some new weapons, have 20m but I think I will need most of it for a worthy EF, but you get lucky sometimes.

Again thanks.
View profile
Phat and Prisus,

Thanks so much for the advice.

Have replaced my helm with a Mempo's for 1.3m and a amulet as recommended for .86m (feel like the amulet was a real find)

Now to find some new weapons, have 20m but I think I will need most of it for a worthy EF, but you get lucky sometimes.

Again thanks.

Your crit is only 22.5 on gear. I would either look to get an ias/cc ring for your OH or CC lacunis. I do like to stack ehp on my lacunis but i dont think it will be affordable to retain the vit you currently have and add cc. You have zero vit on your shoulders/belt so you can offset some of the vit there eventually. 140vit+ ik boots are also relatively cheap.
Phat,

What are your thoughts around using BT surcoat + pants? This pretty much locks you into MS on boots + lacunis and you do lose the IAS from no innas. Is the ehp gain worth it? Innas seems so overpriced atm.
View profile
Phat,

What are your thoughts around using BT surcoat + pants? This pretty much locks you into MS on boots + lacunis and you do lose the IAS from no innas. Is the ehp gain worth it? Innas seems so overpriced atm.

It is an excellent entry level combo. My female barb's set uses that combo but since I put it together in mid december, the price of the pants has tripled. I built that entire set for 13mil.

I dont think Innas are worth using unless you get big vit and that costs a lot of gold. There is nothing wrong with getting MS from boots and lacunis.

IMO people reach for Innas prematurely and their ehp suffers.

edit: with the cost of BT pants so high now, it makes more sense to use rares to get AR and sockets.
Edited by PhatPhoEater#1370 on 2/11/2013 8:34 PM PST
HI Phat,

Checking in again for your kind advice. Have tried to follow your guidance and did some shopping, some dusting off of items from stash. Seems the AH prices are going nuts, had to pay 15m for my new MH, not much special about it. Another evaluation would be great!

Thanks
View profile
HI Phat,

Checking in again for your kind advice. Have tried to follow your guidance and did some shopping, some dusting off of items from stash. Seems the AH prices are going nuts, had to pay 15m for my new MH, not much special about it. Another evaluation would be great!

Thanks

Nice damage range but with low str, it loses some performance. I prefer lower damage but higher str for the armor bonus.

Set looks good. Save up for socket EF. Get crit on lacunis so you can sub out ring for SOJ. Also need more vit on armor, especially boots, belt.
Hi Phat,

I'm trying to figure out how to bump up my tDPS and have been considering replacing one or both weapons. I used d3rawr and plugged in your MH mace with a higher ave dmg than my current axe MH but the result was a tDPS loss of 11K.

I even tried replacing both my weapons with yours but ended up with a tDPS loss of 25K.

Can you tell me what type of weapons I would need (aside from the obvious billion gold type GG weapons on the AH) to increase my tDPS?

Lastly, looking at how much attack speed I have (I don't want to lose my IK 5 set so I won't use a Mempo but I do have an average Inna's pants in stash) and +cc, would I do well enough if I used a Skorn instead of dual-wielding?

Thanks again man!
Edited by MasterPUA#6728 on 2/12/2013 11:02 PM PST
View profile
im headed to bed but if you could provide a link to the d3rawr calc, i can look at it tomorrow. it doesnt make sense that you would have a tdps drop since I have about 50 CD and 100 Str more on my weapon combo and higher avg damage.
I don't see where I can add STR and CD in the calculation but here's the link. http://www.d3rawr.com/c-y55f2

Thanks for the help.
View profile
http://www.d3rawr.com/d-738cw

fully buffed 1.15m vs 1.32m against elites with my weapons in second set. If you add 1 ias to your set you hit 2.5 on your OH and you jump to 1.22m. My weapons add 14.7% or 8% depending on which numbers you use.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]