Diablo® III

Phat's budget Double Nado and gear reference

Hi Phat,

As I have lost my paragon 55 barb and everything with it, I re-rolled a new barb with existing gear. It is 60 now with my current equipment. I have around 250m, hoping to farm mp 5-8. Added you ingame two days back.
02/13/2013 08:34 AMPosted by Coolvan31
As I have lost my paragon 55 barb and everything with it, I re-rolled a new barb with existing gear. It is 60 now with my current equipment. I have around 250m, hoping to farm mp 5-8. Added you ingame two days back.

Well you're doing everything right mechanically. Good 9/9/8/8 with .25 EF gets you over the permawrath breakpoint. You really need to get your CD up. Also the majority of your gear really has low strength rolls. You focused a lot on vitality (not a bad thing) but as a result your strength has suffered. You might be in a position to just start looking for "better" versions of the same gear. Should be able to get around another 90 or so strength on belt. Also consider looking for rare trifecta gloves with similar IAS and crit chance with CD. Start farming for ammy plans! You can definitely upgrade that ammy on your own by crafting. The mediocre CD should be able to be replicated with a few tries (if you're lucky).

On another note, a lot of people are fans of the Blackthorne's vit bonus. I personally think that the vit bonus can be made elsewhere. If you are intent on keeping BT, then look for higher strength rolls.

Right now your DPS seems to be lacking because of lack of STR and CD. Fix those an you will be at 150k no problemo.
Made around 30 ammys and they all failed lol. Got around 20 brimstone and 10 more junk legs I can brim. Thinking if I should just use it all and then stop. I mean if I have no brimstones I can't make them right? I will probably only make them if I get junk leg drop. Losing so much money that I could save for a new EF or chest piece.

Addiction ftl
crafting is a gambler's delight. i rolled 7 amulets and all were vendored. I really want some gloves and shoulders. I'll have to roll ammys when I have brimestones/gems and gloves/shoulders when I dont.
I made 3 pairs of gloves and all were terrible. I believe Str Shoulders r bugged and that no plans exist right now, but someone needs to confirm that.
http://www.d3rawr.com/d-738cw

fully buffed 1.15m vs 1.32m against elites with my weapons in second set. If you add 1 ias to your set you hit 2.5 on your OH and you jump to 1.22m. My weapons add 14.7% or 8% depending on which numbers you use.

Ohh there it is! Thanks.

So what made your weapons bump up my tDPS? Should I lose both my weapons or just my MH/OH?
It's been a while since I've played and been familiar with the stats for a DT build. I like this post because it breaks things down in an easier to digest manner, so thanks for that. That being said, every time I find myself trying to do the market research to figure out where my gold is best spent I end up getting afraid of wasting money and end up buying nothing at all.

Here's my barb, - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jaab-1963/hero/3146290

Judging from what I saw in the OP it looks like my rings suck and in general I sorely need IAS. But I'm afraid of messing up and not planning out multiple slots worth of upgrades and wasting gold. I've got 90m to spend, what would be my best plan to go about upgrading? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hey guys, can anyone tell me what me how many slots of IAS do i need if I have a OH .25 EF and a 1.3 Axe to get me to a comfortable Permawrath Breakpoint without wasting unnecessary IAS?
Edited by Findmucking#6369 on 2/13/2013 8:38 PM PST
9+8+8+8
It's been a while since I've played and been familiar with the stats for a DT build. I like this post because it breaks things down in an easier to digest manner, so thanks for that. That being said, every time I find myself trying to do the market research to figure out where my gold is best spent I end up getting afraid of wasting money and end up buying nothing at all.

Here's my barb, - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jaab-1963/hero/3146290

Judging from what I saw in the OP it looks like my rings suck and in general I sorely need IAS. But I'm afraid of messing up and not planning out multiple slots worth of upgrades and wasting gold. I've got 90m to spend, what would be my best plan to go about upgrading? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You'll have to decide if you want to stick the standard weapon setup that you have. If you do, you really need to get 27ias on your gear to hit 2/2.5 aps fully buffed. This means 3 new pieces, 9ias lacunis, str/ias/cc gloves, and cc/ias MH ring.

If you stick with your OH dagger, you need to invest in a bigger MH mace. This will be tricky since you have such a big CD roll. D3rawr.com/d will help make the decision clearer. It is possible that 650-1200 mace with socket and 250str will outperform your MH but you'll need to use d3rawr to find out.

If you change your weapons and go the EF OH route, then you'll need 4 IAS slots.

Hitting higher tdps is great but if your ehp isn't up to the same lvl you'll be stuck in the same MP. You can pick up vit on your belt and boots if you want to stay with IK. I don't really like IK helm but if you can eventually get AR on there with big str it's a strong option. You can also flip gems to vit.

02/13/2013 08:36 PMPosted by Findmucking
Hey guys, can anyone tell me what me how many slots of IAS do i need if I have a OH .25 EF and a 1.3 Axe to get me to a comfortable Permawrath Breakpoint without wasting unnecessary IAS?

You can get 2 slots of 8IAS+ for 2.23 on both weapons or 4 slots of 33IAS total for 2.5 aps on both. I recommend only buying 8IAS+. If you plan on using an IAS axe MH to hit higher breakpoints, You need to get as many slots of 9ias to give you flexibility when shopping for axes.
I've been struggling with this too.... The shown spa now is with wotb...

Iam using a soj with 7% vore cc on overpower when do "key" runs or now it might be some plan runs...

I have no clue what to upgrade now... Changing the OH with the LS ain't either easy or cheap... Found a mace with ais, 950dmg, cd and LS but still don't gives me a boost when swap or us as a oh....

Add me ingame sLoTh#2519 if anyone feel like helping a fellow barb in need hehe
Hey Phat, I followed your advice, can you take a look at my gear now? I think it is a pretty big improvement. I think I need an SoJ now to replace my rare ring and need glove to compensate for the atk speed loss? What do you think?
Hey Phat, I found this EF:

1289 dps
(628 - 1162)
115 str
107 vit
56 dex
0.24aps
100% crit (Radiant Star Emerald in socket).

How would you recommend that as a MH? I've been searching for a MH that has (650 -1120) together with other stats you have stated and an EF OH with LS or crit and a socket but to no avail because they are out of my budget.

However I did find a sword for an OH that looks like this:

755.3dps
1.4aps
173 str
160 vit
192 CD (with Radiant Star Emerald)
3 LS

Would you recommend me to use these 2 weapons? Also I have have 2 slots of 9/9 IAS on my equips. If I were to reach a 2.5 aps on both weapons how much IAS do I still need?

Sorry for the long post and thank you so much for your time.
Edited by Findmucking#6369 on 2/14/2013 2:32 AM PST
Phat

Could you take a moment and critique my gear?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/wardys-1886/hero/20231046

Got 2.25 / 2.34 aps unbuffed and 2.61 / 2.74 in zerk mode.

I'm looking for improving my survivability, not only dps.

I run MP3 very smoothly, but on MP4 I take more damage than I'd like.

Thank you.
02/13/2013 11:01 PMPosted by sLoTh
I have no clue what to upgrade now... Changing the OH with the LS ain't either easy or cheap... Found a mace with ais, 950dmg, cd and LS but still don't gives me a boost when swap or us as a oh....

Out of curiosity why aren't you using an SoJ? That would be a clear tDPS upgrade for you imo. I would probably replace Unity since your MH has EHP stats. Also if you are using a MH EF the cold SoJ almost seems required imo.

02/13/2013 11:16 PMPosted by Stark
can you take a look at my gear now? I think it is a pretty big improvement. I think I need an SoJ now to replace my rare ring and need glove to compensate for the atk speed loss? What do you think?

I'm not sure if you have enough crit to sustain an SoJ if you replace your ring. The loss of 5 crit for your would bring your cc on gear down to 21%. You can try it but something tells me you might have issues maintaining fury. Especially when WotB is down. SoJ is never a bad investment if you can get a good deal on one but not sure if you can handle it without making up some cc in other places. It could be personal preference. I like having at least 30-32% on gear and obviously more never hurts.

Your bigger issue to me is all of those amethysts in your gear. Those gems are basically a crutch holding you back from better DPS ranges. Your core EHP pieces are lacking in vitality. A better IK chest is needed and I really don't like those inna's at all. Based on how low your native vit is (w/o gems) I would go for the high vit/dex roll for inna's in your case. I know you are rocking the xp gem so it looks even less. but I still feel you could upgrade some of those pieces.

02/14/2013 02:31 AMPosted by Findmucking
How would you recommend that as a MH? I've been searching for a MH that has (650 -1120) together with other stats you have stated and an EF OH with LS or crit and a socket but to no avail because they are out of my budget.

Obviously have to work within your budget. MH EFs usually are good with a high damage range, and the CD+OS bonus. In your case you don't have the CD so you can use this while you are shopping for a better EF. I would suggest a cold SoJ though, because mobs are going to run from you with that fear proc. which lowers your tDPS. What is the fear proc on the new EF you are looking at? What is the damage range on the OH? With the .24 EF and the 1.4 off hand, you would need 2 slots of 8% to hit the 2.5 WoTB break point. Probably switch out one of your rings and gloves fairly easily for that.

02/14/2013 07:38 AMPosted by wardys

Find away to get away from the Andy's. Especially that one. +18% Fire Damage will destroy you in higher MPs. Start with a rare Helm with Crit chance, vit, ar, str and then decide if you want to go with a non-crit Mempo or a IK helm. (Phat will recommend the Mempo most likely :D ).

Your IK chest is weak and definitely needs an improvement for core EHP stats. Specifically vitality. You should also be able to get the same IK belt with vit within a reasonable price range, as well.

Props on straying away from weapons master passive. Was that intentional? The average damage of your main hand weapon determines the damage of your tornadoes. You have a very low average damage range which is effectively nerfing your tDPS. With that much attack speed you could easily move to a Mace main hand and a weapons master passive if you choose (free crit) which will help you better maintain fury and give you better tDPS (provided your avg damage range is around 600-1200 or as close to that as you can afford)
@Prisus i am using a soj with 6% cold dmg and 7% more cc on overpower, I was just trying the unity ring last night, usually I use soj and hellfire but with the new xp bonus in higher mps it feels a bit useless... But what would you go for a change on my gear except the soj?
Hey guys!

I am chiming back in after making my latest upgrades.

Where to next?

I am still searching for a better IK belt but have been unable to find anything so far with similar VIT but higher STR and good +Bash damage. It will happen though eventually as long as I keep searching.

As for my main hand. I am really struggling with finding a cost effective upgrade here. My current MH has VIT but I don't think it is needed for an upgrade. My current MH cost me 35m and my budget is around 150m. I have not been able to find anything that would give more than just a minimal upgrade in that price range.

Should I be more focused on changing out my gloves to LK then getting a WH belt? Or changing out the helm for LK and getting a WH?

Or getting LS on MH and getting a WH?

Maybe I should forget the WH since I am a low/mid tier barb and focus on changing my bloodthirst passive to something more defensive?

I am currently farming MP5 at a reasonable pace. Ideally I would like to move up to higher MP's and be effective but I have yet to find a decent drop to "up" my spending power.

I don't see similar Lacuni's but with AR in my budgeted future nor do I see a +CC Mempo as a near term option.

I do plan on crafting ammy's once I get the patern though. That will hopefully help out some.

Thanks in advance as usual!
02/14/2013 09:55 AMPosted by sLoTh
@Prisus i am using a soj with 6% cold dmg and 7% more cc on overpower, I was just trying the unity ring last night, usually I use soj and hellfire but with the new xp bonus in higher mps it feels a bit useless... But what would you go for a change on my gear except the soj?

I would say that your necklace scares me a bit. The fact that a chunk of your vit sits in that one spot makes me a bit nervous. If you had a higher CD rating on it I could see that as a gg neck but as it stands now it could use improvements.

I would suggest getting vit on your shoulders for sure and maybe other vit/ar bonuses (maybe craft one?) and then look at possibly getting a high strength/vit mempo and higher vit boots. Basically levelize your EHP so that one piece does not become "unchangeable".

Also I think you are gimping yourself by using that EF as a main hand. The stats aren't terrible, but having a fairly low average damage range as well as not having CD or LS native makes it very mediocre.

Consider changing your weapon set up to maximize tdps. Maybe a high average damage mace with socket and CD with a LS EF offhand? Maybe a better mainhand EF? Make sure it is .24 aps at a min!! Either way the Average damage of your main hand needs to come up a bit.
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 2/14/2013 10:48 AM PST
02/14/2013 07:38 AMPosted by wardys

Find away to get away from the Andy's. Especially that one. +18% Fire Damage will destroy you in higher MPs. Start with a rare Helm with Crit chance, vit, ar, str and then decide if you want to go with a non-crit Mempo or a IK helm. (Phat will recommend the Mempo most likely :D ).

Your IK chest is weak and definitely needs an improvement for core EHP stats. Specifically vitality. You should also be able to get the same IK belt with vit within a reasonable price range, as well.

Props on straying away from weapons master passive. Was that intentional? The average damage of your main hand weapon determines the damage of your tornadoes. You have a very low average damage range which is effectively nerfing your tDPS. With that much attack speed you could easily move to a Mace main hand and a weapons master passive if you choose (free crit) which will help you better maintain fury and give you better tDPS (provided your avg damage range is around 600-1200 or as close to that as you can afford)

Thank you.
Changed the helm to a ik; mempo with cc is unaffordable right now.

Right now, with 35ias, buffed with berserk I'm on 2.52 / 2.62 aps. If I change my weapon to an axe I'd drop to 2.27.

Do you think it's work to miss the 2.5 point in exchange for a better weapon?
Edited by wardys#1886 on 2/14/2013 11:02 AM PST
02/14/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Pytheus
Where to next?

All of the direct questions are appeciated! Looks like you have been thinking a lot about your gear which is good.

I did notice you said "LK" gear by which I think you meant IK? Either way there is some bad news...
Nothing at your current gear level will be cheap to upgrade and everything will pretty much being nominal upgrades with a pretty hefty price tag. The biggest struggle most barbs will have from a gearing perspective (if not loaded with gold) is pushing from 150K dps (sheet) to 200K. Trust me as I am in this struggle currently.

You have done a great job balancing your DPS along with your EHP which helps when looking for upgrades. I disagree in your statement about not needing the vit on your axe. I agree that it shouldn't be on your main hand! But disagree that you won't miss the vit. If you remove the vit from that mainhand, your EHP drops by 12% and your life goes below 50K. I'm not a fan of that!

You basically need to start getting better versions of your current gear to push through the next DPS plane.

Some general thoughts:
1) Ammy: You should be able to craft a better ammy. Not that yours is bad, but the fact that it only has 1 primary stat and cc/cd should be easily replaceable.

2) Belt: Moving to a WH is a commitment. Basically a commitment to locking up one passive into Bloodthirst as you move up in DPS. If you want to do this, it's not a bad option as it gives you an IAS slot as well as a CD slot.

3)Helm: Can't afford a crit mempo? Consider getting a High strength (230+) not crit mempo. It gives almost an equivilant tDPS boost similar to moving to a 3% crit mempo.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]