Diablo® III

Phat's budget Double Nado and gear reference

Thank you very much Prisus! I will look into everything you said.

And yeah...I meant IK...not sure why I wrote LK lol
Edited by Pytheus#1129 on 2/14/2013 11:51 AM PST
Hehe ye i know about the vit on the neck, i have shoulders with higher stre and vit, same for the hell fire i got has 4k vit on it so if i change back i Will have about 50k... But iam usling the ville wards for the pick up and armor,

Having à Hard time to find à good amu for same price like that one.... 20m was à bargain now when everyone playing pvp wants vit :)

But i think same like you about the weapons... But à new ef is about 70-200m if i want better.... The dagger is Hard to change to with te High cd and life steal.... Maybe i should just start stacking gold now to find à good MH
I am able to do MP 10 with next to no deaths but it is painfully slow.
MP 5 is my sweet spot right now, and i dabble with MP7.

What do I need to do in order to speed up higher MP farming? I am guessing a new MH as that is what people tell me, but the Cris/OS High STR value of my MH seem hard to replace. Could someone please explain what a black mace would be better and if so what stats I would need for it to out produce my current MH...

Also outside of my MH what else?
The new shoulders are INSANE.

I will be doing Ammys when I get brimstones, Shoulders when I don't have any. Maybe some gloves as well, but I feel like they are way harder to get good rolls on.
Thank you.
Changed the helm to a ik; mempo with cc is unaffordable right now.

Right now, with 35ias, buffed with berserk I'm on 2.52 / 2.62 aps. If I change my weapon to an axe I'd drop to 2.27.

Do you think it's work to miss the 2.5 point in exchange for a better weapon?

That's a great question. And one that I should have probably addressed. Right now, the BiS for barb DWers is at least an EF in one hand. I personally think it is the option all barbs trying to gear into higher DW DPS will have to choose eventually. There are high-end axe/dagger builds but those axes are extremely expensive and you can budget build with a starter ef and mid level main hand mace and get the same performance or even better in my opinion.

You currently have 9/9/9/8 IAS stacked on gear. I would aim for a starter EF with low proc of fear and at least .24 APS (allows for flexibility on IAS jewelery). If you can't get an ideal one with LS/Socket or CD/Socket then you should be able to get one with just CD/LS for a decent price with no socket. If you can, use that as an off hand and look for a black damage mace with the higest average damage modifier you can afford. Your DPS will sky rocket.

Personally I think you will not be able to hit higher DPS goals with your current weapon set up.

More than you weapons, howerver, your EHP could become an issue. It is a very smart thing you did by not relying on having any Vit on your weapons. It's a huge no-no in my book and wouldn't recommend it to anyone not buying their gg/endgame MH or OH. That being said, your chest piece needs an upgrade. The 85 vit is not going to cut it in the long run for higher MPs. If I were you I would worry about your weapons as an after thought and focus on solidifying all of your core EHP pieces (shoulders/chest/legs and combo of boots/belt) with STR/VIT/AR and any defensive bonuses you can get (life%,regen,armor). Do that first! Your gearing becomes so much easier when you realize you have pure dps flexibility with your jewelery.
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 2/14/2013 2:39 PM PST
02/14/2013 12:00 PMPosted by sLoTh
Having à Hard time to find à good amu for same price like that one.... 20m was à bargain now when everyone playing pvp wants vit :)

Craft one dude!!!

What do I need to do in order to speed up higher MP farming? I am guessing a new MH as that is what people tell me, but the Cris/OS High STR value of my MH seem hard to replace. Could someone please explain what a black mace would be better and if so what stats I would need for it to out produce my current MH...

Go to d3rawr.com/d and import your profile. It shows you your tDPS vs elites (most important stat for farming). The site also allows you to manipulate values to determine what is actually better.

Funny thing is, I was more concerned about the bonus vs elites loss than I was any other stat. From what I can tell if you can get a black damage mace with 600-1150 avg dam, at least 100 str, 50 CD, and a socket you will come out ahead from a tdps perspective. The average-damage range trumps everything. Those are some low ball numbers to aim for but try to get the highest values you can afford.

02/14/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Reximus

I really don't like that Hellfire. It's not bad, but it's not great either. The crit chance is okay, but you are giving up better DPS modifiers like average damage and crit damage which you really need.

Also, you might want to consider starting to craft ammys. Your's isn't bad, but you might be able outcraft that ammy with one with a higher CD.

Your biggest DPS modifier will be with the replacement of your MH, however...
Thanks for your reply Prius. Well in response to my previous post when you say 2 8%IAS, did you mean 2 more equip slots or just 2 slots? Because I have already 9IAS on one of my ring and Lacuni prowlers.
View profile
Thank you prisus for answering all these questions. I was in meetings all day. I agree with everything he said.
Thank you.
Changed the helm to a ik; mempo with cc is unaffordable right now.

Right now, with 35ias, buffed with berserk I'm on 2.52 / 2.62 aps. If I change my weapon to an axe I'd drop to 2.27.

Do you think it's work to miss the 2.5 point in exchange for a better weapon?

That's a great question. And one that I should have probably addressed. Right now, the BiS for barb DWers is at least an EF in one hand. I personally think it is the option all barbs trying to gear into higher DW DPS will have to choose eventually. There are high-end axe/dagger builds but those axes are extremely expensive and you can budget build with a starter ef and mid level main hand mace and get the same performance or even better in my opinion.

You currently have 9/9/9/8 IAS stacked on gear. I would aim for a starter EF with low proc of fear and at least .24 APS (allows for flexibility on IAS jewelery). If you can't get an ideal one with LS/Socket or CD/Socket then you should be able to get one with just CD/LS for a decent price with no socket. If you can, use that as an off hand and look for a black damage mace with the higest average damage modifier you can afford. Your DPS will sky rocket.

Personally I think you will not be able to hit higher DPS goals with your current weapon set up.

More than you weapons, howerver, your EHP could become an issue. It is a very smart thing you did by not relying on having any Vit on your weapons. It's a huge no-no in my book and wouldn't recommend it to anyone not buying their gg/endgame MH or OH. That being said, your chest piece needs an upgrade. The 85 vit is not going to cut it in the long run for higher MPs. If I were you I would worry about your weapons as an after thought and focus on solidifying all of your core EHP pieces (shoulders/chest/legs and combo of boots/belt) with STR/VIT/AR and any defensive bonuses you can get (life%,regen,armor). Do that first! Your gearing becomes so much easier when you realize you have pure dps flexibility with your jewelery.

Thanks a lot! Just what I needed to hear.

I'm bothered by my low EHP as well. I urgently need to stack VIT; I got 34% life bonus. A little bit of armor will also help. I'm gonna try and find a better IK Chest (that I can afford) and try to replace the gloves as well, there's almost no stat there expect the IAS and CC.

The only thing that really pisses me off is the prices in the AH....how the hell I'm supposed to pay over 150m for a nice IC/CC Mempo/IK chest?
But I'll try to work that out.

o>
Just à quick thinking, how about puting a ruby in to the EF and still use it as a MH? That would boost the ground dps quite a bit or am I very wrong here?

Get a bet cheaper one with cd/socket and put a stone in? Just a thinking... Loosing 90% cd tho but it might be worth it? Change to cd rings instead?
Prius I have a question. You're running a 0.24 EF and a 1.2 mace, to to reach 2.5 BP for each weapon you'll need a 9/9/8/8 IAS on your equipments (belt,pants,ring,bracers) which I noticed you have.

However is the 7% IAS on the gloves intended?
Edited by Findmucking#6369 on 2/15/2013 3:56 AM PST

Go to d3rawr.com/d and import your profile. It shows you your tDPS vs elites (most important stat for farming). The site also allows you to manipulate values to determine what is actually better.

Funny thing is, I was more concerned about the bonus vs elites loss than I was any other stat. From what I can tell if you can get a black damage mace with 600-1150 avg dam, at least 100 str, 50 CD, and a socket you will come out ahead from a tdps perspective. The average-damage range trumps everything. Those are some low ball numbers to aim for but try to get the highest values you can afford.

02/14/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Reximus

I really don't like that Hellfire. It's not bad, but it's not great either. The crit chance is okay, but you are giving up better DPS modifiers like average damage and crit damage which you really need.

Also, you might want to consider starting to craft ammys. Your's isn't bad, but you might be able outcraft that ammy with one with a higher CD.

Your biggest DPS modifier will be with the replacement of your MH, however...

Thanks for the answers Prius. The help is appreciated. I have a Unity that outperforms the Hellfire in my stash waiting to go, but I am trying to get to plvl 100 prior to using it. (want the xp gain of the HF and feel this one is good enough to get to plvl 100 without spending the time doing Ubers again and not leveling) But I agree the HF is a bit lackluster. Ideally I would like a Unity with CD as the one in my stash has no CD.

The MH will be my next purchase after plvl 100 also, but the extra 41% MF on the sunkeeper actually has me raining leggys. So at pLvl 00 I will max out MF and swap it out for a big black mace.

The interesting part to me was about the Ammy. I made about 15 of them so far and was simply going to giver up on them. They eat up my brims and I don't have any ruby gems left to keep crafting. I was thinking my Ammy was good and the expense/time of trying to craft a new one wouldn't be worth the possible upgrade. - Best case here would be a Trifecta Ammy that would allow me to stop using the WH go to an crazy IK belt and then begin trying to craft STR gloves...

Lastly - would the STR shoulders be an upgrade over my VWs? I thought I had a really good VW but I am not so certain any more.

Thanks for all the help and feedback - you and Phat are super helpers to the Barb community and it is greatly appreciated.
Edited by Reximus#1584 on 2/15/2013 6:27 AM PST
AWESOME RESOURCE - THANK YOU!

After a long hiatus I got the itch again to smash skulls with my Barb. When I left S&B was the go to surviability build and the WW build was just gaining momentum. So I'm making the transition to DT build/gear....but the main problem is that my gear sucked before, and it sucks just as bad now.

Barbarian Makeover Time!!

Short and sweet. I know all my gear is horrible - yes all my stats are too low. I have around 5M and I lack direction and am asking for guidance

FYI - I haven't changed my build over to a DT build yet - its still set to S&B. ANY advice (besides stop sucking) would be awesome.
View profile
Barbarian Makeover Time!!

Short and sweet. I know all my gear is horrible - yes all my stats are too low. I have around 5M and I lack direction and am asking for guidance

5mil will require you decide how much survivability you want. You can make a glass cannon that can farm mp2 but die occasionally. You can make a higher survivability set that will farm mp1 quickly but can let you possibly farm keys and such in mp3 or 4. Gearing is all about trade offs.
02/14/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Findmucking
Thanks for your reply Prius. Well in response to my previous post when you say 2 8%IAS, did you mean 2 more equip slots or just 2 slots? Because I have already 9IAS on one of my ring and Lacuni prowlers.

2 additional slots. 9/9/8/8. Prius? lol Prius is a Toyota! hahaha! No worries people do that all the time!

Thank you prisus for answering all these questions. I was in meetings all day. I agree with everything he said.

No problemo broski...I'm down with tag-teaming!! Glad I could help!

02/14/2013 10:45 PMPosted by sLoTh
Just à quick thinking, how about puting a ruby in to the EF and still use it as a MH? That would boost the ground dps quite a bit or am I very wrong here?

Personally I don't think this is viable. There have been lots of tests done in this regard. Flat damage buffs seem to only help the tDPS of barbs who rely more on auto-attacks (S&B is huge). The fact that crit chance is stacked so high would negate a lot of the benefits that CD has to offer ww barbs. I would not suggest doing this, but check d3rawr.com/d with your theory and see if it improves your tDPS. My inkling is that it won't...

02/15/2013 03:55 AMPosted by Findmucking
However is the 7% IAS on the gloves intended?

Alas, you noticed my one embarrassing blemish...

No it is not intended. At the time it gave me just some bonus IAS (really unneeded) and gave me a decent boost in EHP. I've been looking for upgrades with AR and at least 8 ias for quite some time, but have not yet found a good "decently" priced upgrade.

Good eye, by the way. I try to hide those gloves from Pho every chance I get LOL!

02/15/2013 06:22 AMPosted by Reximus
I was thinking my Ammy was good and the expense/time of trying to craft a new one wouldn't be worth the possible upgrade

Don't get me wrong! That ammy is really good. However, your greatest DPS modifier right now is CD. Due to the limited places to stack CD (one ring, neck, and weapons) due to SoJ, I was stating that you could get stronger DPS modifiers including average damage and higher CD on your neck if you tried long enough. The 125 str and 146 vit can easily be outshined by the crafted ammys that are rolling up to 350 str and 200+ vitality. I'm just saying you might be able to craft an upgrade to squeeze out more DPS.

Is the ammy bad? Not at all. Could it be better? Well...I guess all of us have that question to ask about our own gear!! :D

Lastly - would the STR shoulders be an upgrade over my VWs? I thought I had a really good VW but I am not so certain any more.

Potentially. Yes. I am crafting equal numbers of STR/VIT shoulders to see what kind of rolls i can get. I am slightly leaning more towards VIT shoulder crafting only because the native strength rolls are already pretty high on shoulders. The extra vit roll, however, has the most potential to hit big from an EHP perspective. This is just my intial thoughts. Personally I think rare shoulders have a higher potential to outshine vile wards in the long run...but it's all relative to the stats on the ward vs the rare.

02/15/2013 06:22 AMPosted by Reximus
Thanks for all the help and feedback - you and Phat are super helpers to the Barb community and it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the compliment! Glad I can help! A few barbs here were kind to me when I didn't even understand what a break point was...so I'm just paying it forward!
My my my bad for misspelling your name Prisus :P

A HUGE thank you to you and Phat for your wonderful help.

Cheers mate
This thread helps a lot in all ways! Good basic information and good support on the questions! I made my first shoulder craft in the morning today and if you ask me they are pretty awesome.... But I might be wrong :)

I know I need to stack up more cd but its hard to find a ring that beat my avarage dmg, all res, cc and as for a decent amount.... For sure there always is the hellfire ring that can be magical but for me now its a waste of dps... 35% more xp fine but I rather play one higher mp with a ring that gives me 22k more dps and all res!

I've been trying d3rawr but I don't really like it.... Would be way more easy if could write in the cd on the weapons for a more easy compairsion...

Iam gonna look in to try craft a new Amy and maybe gloves... Need as on the gloves so maybe can change to a ik helm instead
02/15/2013 10:03 AMPosted by sLoTh
I've been trying d3rawr but I don't really like it.... Would be way more easy if could write in the cd on the weapons for a more easy compairsion...

Try d3up.com It's not a versatile, but does show tDPS and allows you to simply simulate the gem change without complicated math. Import your character and see what happens!
Which slot should I focus on for crafting aside from amulet?

Gloves or shoulders?
Hello, guys.
Thanks so much for the thread and all who are trying to help us clueless folks :-)

I feel like my guy needs some advice. As is probably obvious, he shows signs of me following advice from several different folks. I kinda feel vapor locked as to how to proceed. I have a cold soj with a little bit of cc from overpower that I wear when doing higher than mp1 or so. I have a couple of trifecta (or close) rings that I could take off the AH right now, if that would be helpful. I am not sure what I am doing with weapons, too.

I just need some suggestions for what my next step is.

Thanks so much for the help!

Encyclia
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]