Diablo® III

Phat's budget Double Nado and gear reference

Which slot should I focus on for crafting aside from amulet?

Gloves or shoulders?

Both will be longshots. You can at best get another 200ish str on shoulders with more vit. For gloves you can get IAS and another 200str. Both would require rolling the stats you already have on your current gear.

Very small chances of an upgrade.

Hello, guys.
Thanks so much for the thread and all who are trying to help us clueless folks :-)

I feel like my guy needs some advice. As is probably obvious, he shows signs of me following advice from several different folks. I kinda feel vapor locked as to how to proceed. I have a cold soj with a little bit of cc from overpower that I wear when doing higher than mp1 or so. I have a couple of trifecta (or close) rings that I could take off the AH right now, if that would be helpful. I am not sure what I am doing with weapons, too.

I just need some suggestions for what my next step is.

You have to decide if you want to be able to push to higher MP. This will require a new helm and more vit. Your AR/armor are solid. If you want to be able to survive mid MP without using warcry you'll need more vit. Bigger vit on pants, belt, boots. Some of these pieces will be hard to replace and maintain str. You have to decide if the ability to play in higher MP is worth the loss of dps. Relying on str on armor for dps should come later after youve maxed dps mods on jewelry/weapons.

If you don't care to play in mid MP, you can just stack more dps. You are hitting 2.5 aps on both weapons but I'm not a fan of either. Read my third post in this thread on what makes a good mh/oh.

While having a barb soj is nice, i would never sacrifice the bonus v elites to get one. I would much rather have a 5/29 cold non barb soj than what you have.
Pho, first, great, great thread. Thank you. It's been about 100 years since I have done math, so can you confirm something for me...

As far as I can tell, I'm hitting 2.39 on my main hand and 2.6 on my offhand (considering the +5 set bonus). Obviously, that's not what it's showing in game, but that's plugging my numbers into the aps equation. I just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

If so... I know what I have to do next...
Pho, first, great, great thread. Thank you. It's been about 100 years since I have done math, so can you confirm something for me...

As far as I can tell, I'm hitting 2.39 on my main hand and 2.6 on my offhand (considering the +5 set bonus). Obviously, that's not what it's showing in game, but that's plugging my numbers into the aps equation. I just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

If so... I know what I have to do next...

TBH, I'm not entirely sure how the hallowed set bonus IAS is being applied. According to d3rawr your numbers are correct.
Hey phat, can you check my profile now? I have done some changes and can run pretty well on mp7 with my current gear (dual weild, no crit on lacunis). I can increase crit chance with a shield or crit lacunis, but the crit lacunis have no str/vit like my current ones do. My shield adds armor, alot of str and vit and 10% crit. But as it stands, I can hang pretty well on mp7 with my dual wield setup. My question is: I see here and there an attack speed matrix of 9/9/8/8 for optimal speed. Right now I have 9/9/9/7, which comes out to be the same, but Im also using an EF offhand with .25 attack speed. I was thinking of swapping out my ammy for more crit and attack speed but would probably have to drop the crit damage to get that at an affordable price. The only time I have any trouble is when an elite is dropping alot of plagued/fire and beams. otherwise I rarely die. My armor is ok, my resists are a touch low. What should I do next? More crit? More attack speed? more what?
Phat, I see u r using new craftable shoulders! Worth it to lose the all res? I have shoulders similar to yours.
02/15/2013 11:11 PMPosted by xxxkan
Phat, I see u r using new craftable shoulders! Worth it to lose the all res? I have shoulders similar to yours.

they were a free 2% tdps boost and my ehp went from 700 to 750k even without the AR.

02/15/2013 07:29 PMPosted by Exiter
The only time I have any trouble is when an elite is dropping alot of plagued/fire and beams. otherwise I rarely die. My armor is ok, my resists are a touch low. What should I do next? More crit? More attack speed? more what?

At your gear level it makes more sense to drop 2 slots of IAS and hit 2.23 on both weapons. You can replace the ias with more crit damage. I would also consider using a rare cc/cd ring instead of the SOJ. At your gear level the SOJ isn't adding that much to your performance. Your CC is 23 and it should be over 25.

I dont like your MH. I'd rather have mace like I describe in the 3rd post.

You need to use bloodthirst instead of superstition.
Interesting. I will check out the shoulders I crafted tomorrow.
02/15/2013 11:29 PMPosted by xxxkan
Interesting. I will check out the shoulders I crafted tomorrow.

i dont know if the ehp boost is real. i feel squishier.
Hello Phat,
Would you mind to take a look at my profile and profile and give some advice? At the moment, i manage to farm on MP4, and got difficult with MP5 and above. My wish of course to farm i higher MP.
Which one i should upgrade? Weirdo also, i checked forum - some profile is not quite good compare to me but still can do higher MP.
Wait for your feedback!
I see phat is trying my Ide with the ruby in the main :) is it working good? Better then the emerald?

I think I crafted pretty nice shoulders yesterday :)
Hello Phat,
Would you mind to take a look at my profile and profile and give some advice? At the moment, i manage to farm on MP4, and got difficult with MP5 and above. My wish of course to farm i higher MP.
Which one i should upgrade? Weirdo also, i checked forum - some profile is not quite good compare to me but still can do higher MP.
Wait for your feedback!

I checked all the realms and see no char.

I see phat is trying my Ide with the ruby in the main :) is it working good? Better then the emerald?

I think I crafted pretty nice shoulders yesterday :)

Ruby in the MH is a trivial increase in tDPS for my set. As I fill out crit dam on my ammy and gloves, the tdps boost will be bigger. I figured that I would eventually upgrade to rubies in my armor so it wouldn't go to waste.
Hey Phat, I have 38M left to send on my Barb, I want to farm MP8 easily.
So what is the next upgrade I should buy? I'm a little lost in my gear :P I think both of my weapon are solid.

Thank you very much, for my answer, and for what you do on this forum!
Hey Phat, I have 38M left to send on my Barb, I want to farm MP8 easily.
So what is the next upgrade I should buy? I'm a little lost in my gear :P I think both of my weapon are solid.

Thank you very much, for my answer, and for what you do on this forum!

38mil isnt going to get you very much. If you want to play in MP8 with that set, you need more sustain and/or vit. 20m on an ik belt with 190str/80vit would help. Flipping gems to vit would help. EF with str/LS/socket will be out of your price range, though with your current IAS setup, you can do a .23aps EF since you have 9IAS x 4.

Though I'm not a fan of farming MP above where your tDPS dictates, you can swap OP to crushing advance for more ehp.
Ok thanks, I will look for a better IK Belt, maybe I'll stay more in MP6 for the moment then, I was thinking I could get a better upgrade with 38M :P
Hi Phat, I swapped out my Mighty Weapon for a nice mace, and swapped the SOJ for rare ring. My dps is now 106k with scoundrel. With War Cry my armor and resists are up to snuff. I have a question tho, for the 2.23 attack speed breakpoint that you say is pretty much where a player wants to be for consistent WOTB uptime, is the 2.23 at rest with passives, or fully buffed? With my EF, my attacks per second is 2.25 at rest. D3rawr is having a problem loading my profile so I cant check what it is buffed. I ask because I have a sword I can use as an offhand that would give me about 50% more crit damage.

Also, should I trade out one of my rings? They both have str/vit/crit change/attack speed. should I trade one of them out for one without attack speed but with more str or crit damage?
Hi Phat, I swapped out my Mighty Weapon for a nice mace, and swapped the SOJ for rare ring. My dps is now 106k with scoundrel. With War Cry my armor and resists are up to snuff. I have a question tho, for the 2.23 attack speed breakpoint that you say is pretty much where a player wants to be for consistent WOTB uptime, is the 2.23 at rest with passives, or fully buffed? With my EF, my attacks per second is 2.25 at rest. D3rawr is having a problem loading my profile so I cant check what it is buffed. I ask because I have a sword I can use as an offhand that would give me about 50% more crit damage.

Also, should I trade out one of my rings? They both have str/vit/crit change/attack speed. should I trade one of them out for one without attack speed but with more str or crit damage?

i already recommended changing the soj to a cc/cd ring and str/avg damage if you can afford it.

All aps numbers I talk about are fully buffed. If the goal is permawrath then there is no need to discuss unbuffed numbers.

I think profiles must be messed up ATM. I can't pull yours up. This may be whats causing d3rawr problems.
I think they are still messed up. In any case, I picked up another ring like you recommended, as well as a different EF (this one has strength). I'm up to 116k dps with still decent armor/resists and good HP. I switched from war cry to Op:ks since the extra crit seems to help keep WOTB up. Thats the only real issue I have, I have to work at keeping permawrath up, instead of before with the mighty weapon it was easy. Can you take a look and recommend anything? Thank you :)
Hi Phat

can you check out mine and give me some advice. i'd like to do fast mp0-1 runs
Hi Phat

can you check out mine and give me some advice. i'd like to do fast mp0-1 runs

02/16/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Exiter
I think they are still messed up. In any case, I picked up another ring like you recommended, as well as a different EF (this one has strength). I'm up to 116k dps with still decent armor/resists and good HP. I switched from war cry to Op:ks since the extra crit seems to help keep WOTB up. Thats the only real issue I have, I have to work at keeping permawrath up, instead of before with the mighty weapon it was easy. Can you take a look and recommend anything? Thank you :)

Am I the only one having problems pulling profiles up?

@angelostrike-I'm not a fan of mp0 farm. I prefer farming with permawrath. Any set with more than 500k tdps will not be able to permawrath in mp0.
Have u tried running without a fury generator? I plan on giving that a shot with HoTA + WW
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]