Diablo® III

Phat's budget Double Nado and gear reference

Hey Phat,
My profile is up again, can you check and give some advice then?

Previous post:
Would you mind to take a look at my profile and profile and give some advice? At the moment, i manage to farm on MP4, and got difficult with MP5 and above. My wish of course to farm i higher MP.
Which one i should upgrade? Weirdo also, i checked forum - some profile is not quite good compare to me but still can do higher MP.
Wait for your feedback!
Phat - thank you so much for your post, you've just changed my whole D3 life. I only wish I had stumbled across it sooner.

I have wasted so much gold getting useless upgrades, for someone at 40paragon I feel like my gear is really weak. I spent a lot of gold on a misguided attempt to keep my MF maxed. I spent a premium for niche items, and made upgrading extra-tough because I was trying to juggle my MF as well as other stats.

I decided to not worry about MF (some of my slots still show it) but I still felt like I was under-achieving. My WOTB uptime has always been awful. I just assumed that the barb videos I watched of people coasting through everything and never losing WOTB just required ultra-tier gear.

I didn't fully understand your whole post, but I paid extra attention when you mentioned that IAS was the key to keeping up WOTB, and that if you used an echoing fury you essentially saved yourself 2 slots of IAS to help reach the maximum breakpoint of tornado ticks.

I searched for a "stat stick" echoing fury with str, lifesteal, and a socket/crit damage. One stuck out to me, it only cost 2mil where everything else with similar stats was in the 10mil+ range. I decided to try it and I have never been so happy. For the first time ever I cruised through my alkeizer style run and never lost WOTB! Clicking on a waypoint, loading the next area, and not losing the wrath buff made me finally feel like a man.

It's so freeing not having to stop and frantically click barrels and bonepiles, or jamming on rage-dump skills during elite packs to try to squeeze out a couple of extra seconds on the WOTB buff. Not to mention being able to progress through your run and be sure that the stragglers you've left behind will die in your buffed up tornadoes.

Phat - if you have time I would be honored if you took a look at my character and could recommend where I should look to next for upgrades. My gear is very sub-par, I have around 15million right now, but I don't mind saving for a smart upgrade. One particular thing that's bothering me is that I have around 30 demonic essences just begging to be crafted. Ive already crafted some mediocre shoulders, gloves and an amulet that were upgrades on paper. I'm not sure if I should save my gold for the AH, or roll the dice on some more crafting.
^With 15M you can upgrade both weapons.

Get a mace/axe with 1100 top end damage and an EF offhand with LS/Str and (0.24-0.25 APS)

Save 2M or so to upgrade your chest to a surcoat with >50 Str and >150 Vit.
Phat - thank you so much for your post, you've just changed my whole D3 life. I only wish I had stumbled across it sooner.

Yep, Phat's advice has led to big improvements in my character too, and my enjoyment of the game. Thanks man.
Iam giving up now.... Seems like iam doing the right uppgrades with the crafted items and a SOJ but still feels like I stay in another kind of AH world...

A mace with 1100, socket,cd and life steal is 100-1000millions.... Changing the EF to OH makes me need the ik belt if dont sell and buy a life steal echo but it will go from 1050 dmg to maybe 800.....

Been looking in to d3up and d3rawr but with crafts items it don't show....

Now with SOJ I have 154k dps unbuffed
Hi Phat,

I have been tweaking around with my barb. I plan to replace my HF ring with a generic rare of 5cc, 85 str, 20-50 damage and 35% ccd. It boast my tdps from 790k to 880k while my EHP dodge drop from 870k to 750k. Would this worth as an upgrade? I am looking to farm up from MP4 to MP5.
just 2 million? I can't find any with str, lifesteal and socket for under 70 million.

I searched for a "stat stick" echoing fury with str, lifesteal, and a socket/crit damage. One stuck out to me, it only cost 2mil where everything else with similar stats was in the 10mil+ range.
just 2 million? I can't find any with str, lifesteal and socket for under 70 million

Probably still on bid with some time left.
789dps, 169str, 49% crit dam, 2.5% lifesteel. Not a socket, half a socket. I got it for 2million, all similar were 10mil when I searched.
02/17/2013 04:03 PMPosted by sLoTh
Iam giving up now.... Seems like iam doing the right uppgrades with the crafted items and a SOJ but still feels like I stay in another kind of AH world...

Don't give up! lol...j/k I'm not even sure what you are asking? D3 profiles have been weird. Mine won't even show for me. D3rawr won't load either...annoying.

02/17/2013 08:16 PMPosted by Coolvan31
I plan to replace my HF ring with a generic rare of 5cc, 85 str, 20-50 damage and 35% ccd. It boast my tdps from 790k to 880k while my EHP dodge drop from 870k to 750k. Would this worth as an upgrade?

Your AR will drop below 500 (on gear w/o IK bonus) and your health below 50k. If you are okay with this then the boost in DPS is probably worth it. FYI...when building ehp always look at flat EHP numbers...not EHP w/ Dodge. :D

02/17/2013 01:49 PMPosted by kickascii
Phat - if you have time I would be honored if you took a look at my character and could recommend where I should look to next for upgrades.

Not Phat...but a I know a little something. ;)

Ooooh....I don't like Andy's helmets! They are fine for low MP but you will soon notice that you will be hurting a lot from fire mobs as you try to play higher levels. I would definitely try to move away from the andy's helm. You have more than enough attack speed so you can move to a regular rare helm with socket str/vit/ar and crit 6 (until you decide whether you want to go IK or Memp)

Keep rolling hellfires. I only stopped when I got one with crit (which oddly I don't even use lol). Crit is so vital to the functionality of ww that I just couldn't use a hellfire without it.

I want to analyze your breakpoints...but d3rawr has been so funky lately. I will try again tmrw...the api is completely hosed. :/
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 2/17/2013 10:47 PM PST
02/16/2013 01:30 PMPosted by PhatPhoEater
Am I the only one having problems pulling profiles up?

lol...no...I can't pull up some profiles either. Mine included. And I wanted the world to see my crafted shoulders! Alas...maybe another day...
Sup guys, bought a new echoing for 45m. If I use a 90% Gem (I am cheap...) my tdps goes up by 90k fully buffed. Hope it was worth it. Gotta get more vit now, so probably boots with more vit would be next upgrade or new ring.

Edit: Would a wailing host be a possible substitute for Unity? Attack speed unity's are pretty expensive compared to atk speed wailing hosts.
Edited by xxxkan#1130 on 2/17/2013 11:19 PM PST
How much was that echoing fury?

Sup guys, bought a new echoing for 45m. If I use a 90% Gem (I am cheap...) my tdps goes up by 90k fully buffed. Hope it was worth it. Gotta get more vit now, so probably boots with more vit would be next upgrade or new ring.

Edit: Would a wailing host be a possible substitute for Unity? Attack speed unity's are pretty expensive compared to atk speed wailing hosts.
02/17/2013 10:58 PMPosted by xxxkan
If I use a 90% Gem (I am cheap...)

I am using a 80% gem.... and the 100% gem was loan by a WD friend~! Craft my own 100% gem one week back and got it deleted. Stupid me~!

I found a ice climbers with 330 combined core stat (socket gem included). I want to use it for my barb. So I am bidding on a double vit inna's temperance. Can you suggest which slot I should take out for the speed?

1) Glove
2) Ring
3) Helm = replace with IK helm ( I have one with Vit)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Coolvan31-6976/hero/31347559

Pls ignore the EF. I have one str/ls/socket 0.25 EF I normally use when not farming experience.
02/18/2013 03:12 AMPosted by Coolvan31
3) Helm = replace with IK helm ( I have one with Vit)

I would move away from Andy's as soon as possible. Having the IAS/Crit will buff your build and if you gear around it too much, your only option for an upgrade will be a crit mempo.

So you have a bit of an issue. Because you haven't aimed to get at least 9% of IAS on two pieces. gearing will be a bit annoying for you.

If you lose the hellfire, you will drop below the break point. In order to get your 2.5 APS buffed, you needed to go 9/9/8/8. Right now you are at 8/8/8/8/6.

I don't know what to tell you...as of right now, you can't lose ANY ias on gear otherwise you will drop a notch on tDPS.

Btw, d3rawr is acting funny for me lately. Equip you non-farming EF so i can re import your profile. Regardless, I still would move away from the andy's and get two pieces with 9% IAS
@PickleJr

It was for 45m. I probably could have got it for a few mil cheaper but I went impatient.

Dropped from 61k Hp to like 52k cause I had vit on my old one... Now I need to make it up with more vit ice climbers lol.
Prius I Aded you for ingame help.... I want a bigger dps boost but don't know how to get it.... Would it be worth to sell my offhand and buy a mace with life steal? Or maybe even one without and change the belt to ik? Without the lifesteal it's impossible to play hehe

I had 300vit on my amu before but it got salvaged Saturday night (drunk and play) stupid me,..... But anyhow it was good it happened so I don't have to be locked up with it... That's why I use the crafted amu and trifecta gloves with high vit and stre instead!

What should I change? Unity with all res I use because all res and dps boost
02/18/2013 07:46 AMPosted by sLoTh
Would it be worth to sell my offhand and buy a mace with life steal? Or maybe even one without and change the belt to ik?

From a gearing perspective, you went with a lot of 8% IAS boosts. In general, for having a mace main and EF offhand, I would suggest 9/9/8/8 (in the long run). Bright side is, you have enough IAS (although inefficiently stacked) to run a mace main hand and EF off hand.

For you if you get a mace main hand with 600-1200 avg, CD, socket, and str your tdps vs elites will jump.

The average damage on that EF is just too bad to use as a main hand. The problem you have however is the annoying stat stick dagger. Barbs who choose to use offhand daggers have the most annoying DPS wall when trying to hit higher levels. The problem with a stat stick is the same reason why people say it is so good: Impossible to replace because the stats are so good.

Personally I would sell the EF and get another .24 APS one with LS/Socket (if you can afford) or get one with LS/CD with high CD and place it in your offhand. Try to aim for 2.5% lifesteal or higher to make long-term gearing easier. If you an manage that, then you have to get extra CD on your main hand mace when you buy it. The trick is to make sure it is high average black damage (no elemental).

One glaring hole I see in your set as well is that you don't have any pieces to complete your IK set bonus. An IK without a set bonus might easily be replaced with a crafted vit chest (untested but a theory). I just think the IK is BiS only when accompanied by another piece. I think you might be just a little shy on AR for higher MP, but that might be able to be mitigated by good gameplay (which is impossible to gauge).

Those lacuni's bother me...but we can save those for another time. I think all lacuni's should have either an EHP buff or some kind of strength modifier (even at the expense of a little crit). Those ultimately will be your weakest piece when you sure up your other gear.

I will accept your friend request when I get home. :)
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 2/18/2013 8:14 AM PST
Hi Prius,

I am putting up everything with speed on my profile. I have a cold soj, 28% against elite. Should I replace one of the ring? or replace other slot? Too much speed now, but not breaking the next breakpoints.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Coolvan31-6976/hero/31347559
02/18/2013 08:11 AMPosted by Coolvan31
Hi Prius,

One of these days people will call me by my name instead of a terrible Toyota! LOL!

02/18/2013 08:11 AMPosted by Coolvan31
I have a cold soj, 28% against elite. Should I replace one of the ring? or replace other slot? Too much speed now, but not breaking the next breakpoints.

Stupid d3rawr is acting up again. Ugh...so annoying. I'm trying to figure out how the .25 affects your build but for some reason your profile won't upload.

Well you can't wear a cold SoJ as a hat! lol (just kidding). Your cheapest change right now will be to get gloves that are 9% attack speed. That will give you the 9/9/8/8. You might actually be able to get trifecta rares for a decent price now. (not ones with AR however lol). Also, if you can aim for 9.5 crit chance. The extra % of crit might help you slightly mitigate the loss of the 4.5% crit on your ring.

If you remove your IAS ring for an SoJ, you should still hit your break point with no issue in WoTB assuming you make the 9 ias glove change.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]